St. Patricks day 2017 kilts and or skirts.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: St. Patricks day 2017 kilts and or skirts.

Post by Caultron »

mikel wrote:Every outing this month has been with me wearing a skirt or my family kilt. The new change is my church friends for the first time seeing us at Mass in my kilt. Mom and Dad are from Ireland so I am partial to Mom's McKernan tartan. My other favorite is the Nova Scotia tartan kilt.
My first day wearing my kilt to Mass was me on crutches(ski accident). No mention of kilt just good wishes for recovery.
As stated many times for newcomers to skirts. Friends who know you before skirt wearing can be very accepting, especially the older generation. Confidence is the Key!
Why would people in church react differently to a skirt or kilt than anywhere else?

I have to admit, church is one of the last places I've gone kilted, and I'm still a little apprehensive about wearing a skirt there. But I'm sure I'll get over it.

I've changed churches lately, and never worn pants to the new one, and never had a problem. It'll be interesting to see what happens it I get more involved.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: St. Patricks day 2017 kilts and or skirts.

Post by denimini »

It was just 3 years ago that I once thought that going to St Pat's races in the nearest big town would be a good way to start wearing a skirt in public. I never did, and thankfully got past that hurdle, now always skirted when I go there shopping or any reason. What a liberation, saving me from a 400km round trip to go to an event I am not interested in.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia