Laughed at ...

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Laughed at ...

Post by denimini »

I think I was laughed at today. Went to the nearest big city (pop 14,000) for shopping and briskly walked past a dishevelled old swaggy, shuffling along slowly. When I got past I heard him chuckling away, maybe not at me but if so I deserved it as I was thinking he was a dishevelled old swaggy.
Later, packing items into the car fridge in the back of my car, which requires a certain amount of reaching in, I heard a car pull in behind me and kept it's engine running at a very fast idle.
I turned around and it was a middle aged woman sitting there with the aircon going, staring at me. I carried on packing and the engine stopped so I looked around again and she was still there gawking. I suppose it is a change from the stereotypical dirty old man looking at a young woman bending in a mini.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

denimini wrote:I think I was laughed at today. Went to the nearest big city (pop 14,000) for shopping and briskly walked past a dishevelled old swaggy, shuffling along slowly. When I got past I heard him chuckling away, maybe not at me but if so I deserved it as I was thinking he was a dishevelled old swaggy.
I'm not exactly sure what a "swaggy" is, but if it's akin to a homeless person here in the US, many of them are mentally ill and who knows what they're thinking.
denimini wrote:Later, packing items into the car fridge in the back of my car, which requires a certain amount of reaching in, I heard a car pull in behind me and kept it's engine running at a very fast idle.
I turned around and it was a middle aged woman sitting there with the aircon going, staring at me. I carried on packing and the engine stopped so I looked around again and she was still there gawking. I suppose it is a change from the stereotypical dirty old man looking at a young woman bending in a mini.
A smile and a wave might have been appropriate, or a nice, "G'day," if her window was down.

I find that a bit of friendly swagger often works wonders on non-believers.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Caultron wrote: I find that a bit of friendly swagger often works wonders on non-believers.
I can only agree with that.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I gave an aknowledgement that she was there but didn't want to do more than I would have done in pants, otherwise it looks a bit self conscious.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Uncle Al wrote:Yes, a big thank you to BorderXing for the link. :D
Once I read the article, I felt it needed to be shared
with the Cafe' members.

What intrigued me the most is that the Native Americans had
these ideas BEFORE European Settlers came to America. They
brought with them the 'PURITANICAL BELIEFS' that are
now considered being 'Normal(what ever that is) Western
Civilization'.

I fully agree that the world would be a better place if these
"concepts" were in common practice instead of the disdane
for the 'out of the box' thinkers of today. Could it be the
prejudiced media is a guiding factor in this :?:

Oh - - that last comment could really open up a canbarrel of worms :lol:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
actually, these believes of "multiple sexes" can still b found among what we consider native tribes in Africa and the far east. For some reason or the other we nowadays need to think in boxes which does give us the possibility of thinking out of the box...
I do think that we the Europeans and those with European roots should be more open minded in respect of other cultures and less like what we think and do is "The Norm" to which everybody has to comply. Uniformity will stop curiosity.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Gusto10 wrote: ...."The Norm" to which everybody has to comply. Uniformity will stop curiosity.
And yet, curiousity killed the cat. :shock: <g,d&rvf>.....
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Darryl wrote:And yet, curiousity killed the cat. :shock: <g,d&rvf>.....
The problem with that line is that everybody forgets to finish the thing: ... and satisfaction brought her back!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

crfriend wrote:
Darryl wrote:And yet, curiousity killed the cat. :shock: <g,d&rvf>.....
The problem with that line is that everybody forgets to finish the thing: ... and satisfaction brought her back!
Wouldn't that be more for the off topic section?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sunday while I was out at Walmart in Marion I ran into quite a few nasties. It's almost as though all of the town's asses were congregated in one area. I've had problems at this particular store before, and really, only this particular store in this particular community. Even among other Walmarts, while I do occasionally get a nasty remark, gaze, or laugh, the one in Marion you can just about set your watch to. It happens every time.

Last Sunday right off the bat, as I was browsing for a few supplies for summer as I passed by a mid aged redneck type of man he belted out a VERY obnoxious "WWWHHHHAAAAAAAAAAT THAAAAAAAA HEEEEEEEELLLLLLL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" And I'm using caps as an UNDERSTATEMENT. As I walked on by I could hear him eight aisles over: "WHAAAT THAA HEELLL IS THAAT!?!?! BUHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! WHAAAAAAAA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! DID YOU SEE THAT BUUHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!

I have NEVER experienced such an obnoxious ass in the entire two years I've been doing this. He was acting like a blasted five year old! Only he looked to be in his late 50's! :shock:

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I began to get harassed by about five late teenagers, as they literally swarmed around me like bees on a hive teasing, calling me ugly names, cursing, pointing fingers, laughing, etc....

My hope in humanity hit an all time low as I exited the store.

The high suicide rate of trans-people made a lot of sense to me at that moment, and I must confess, I contemplated going postal at the local Walmart. The thoughts that ran through my head during the remainder of the day and linger even now I can not write, for the N.S.A. would surely brand me a XXXXXXXXXXXX.

I'd just like to know what the hell is so damned funny? I can understand the dirty looks and the awkward gazes, the shaking heads, etc, but for the life of me I can not figure out what exactly makes this practice amusing??

Okay... they don't like the style... okay, they think I'm an idiot. I think they're an idiot, and I think they look ridiculous with their cammo coveralls, their confederate trucker hat, with the giant fish hook sticking out of it... but I don't find it comical. In fact, I find it quite easy to ignore it all together. Funny? No.

This town seems very fickle. There are days when it seems like everywhere I go people welcome me with open arms, then there are other times where it seems all I find are bigoted idiots. Sundays seem to be worse than Saturdays for some reason. Mid aged men and teenage girls are the WORST offenders.

f__k em' all! :roll:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

You obviously missed the Walmart "specials" advert, Moon!

Were they not hosting a "care in the community" event, where the mentally deficient (previously, colloquially known as "retards", but no longer the politically correct description) were allowed to interact with the general public without the close supervision of their carers?

Oh, no, sorry. I neglected the fact that the genuine "patients" are likely far more caring than those you encountered. I'd say those you encountered were completely devoid of brain cells; the truth being likely they each had only two, but that these were preoccupied in trying to find each other rendering the individual concerned unable function in normal, civil, society.

Sadly, there are asses the world over. Even more worrying is that they are permitted to breed!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:Sadly, there are asses the world over. Even more worrying is that they are permitted to breed!
Indeed! What bothers me the most is how I let it upset me so. That's not like me. I'm not sure why I allowed it to get under my skin in such a way as it did. I can only assume it had a lot to do with the non-stop VERY loud belly laughs.

These people aren't "special needs", no, I'd never insult special needs people by comparing them to the people I run into a the local walmart...

No, make no mistake, the people of my post are soul-less monsters without question. I'm sure they are nothing but pure evil, a disgrace to the human race. I walked back past the obnoxious 50 year old with his little buddy, I gave them the evil eye so I'm hoping he'll go home and drink a gallon of oil based paint! :shock:

As far as the riff-raff kids go... they'll grow up to the the typical white-trash ghetto looser. The girls will remain constantly knocked up and abused, living off the system, the boys will be in and out of jail, unemployed, and constantly behind on child support payments.

Frankly, men and women (boys and girls) make me wonder why I spend so much time on this forum and others defending the plight of those with a penis.... To my knowledge... no Feminist ever gave me a hard time about wearing a skirt! In fact, those I get along with in the area usually turn out to be Feminist once we get to talking!

Sometimes I just think I'm batting for the wrong team.... :?

Just sayin... Men are idiots, and women who act like men are worse! :roll:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

moonshadow wrote:Indeed! What bothers me the most is how I let it upset me so. That's not like me. I'm not sure why I allowed it to get under my skin in such a way as it did.
Sometimes, it just does get to each of us.
These people aren't "special needs", no, I'd never insult special needs people by comparing them to the people I run into a the local walmart...
I know, which is why I made deliberate use of correction.
No, make no mistake, the people of my post are soul-less monsters without question. I'm sure they are nothing but pure evil, a disgrace to the human race.
They are insecure, thus they try to project their insecurities onto others; but, yes, I broadly agree.
Frankly, men and women (boys and girls) make me wonder why I spend so much time on this forum and others defending the plight of those with a penis.... To my knowledge... no Feminist ever gave me a hard time about wearing a skirt! In fact, those I get along with in the area usually turn out to be Feminist once we get to talking!

Sometimes I just think I'm batting for the wrong team.... :?

Just sayin... Men are idiots, and women who act like men are worse! :roll:
I completely understand your thoughts here. From my perspective, the worst abuse I encountered was from a "born again" Christian Catholic convert, supported by a predominantly Christian institution. That's the reason I say that no Muslim has personally done me harm.

I'm starting to think civilization has exhausted its resources. It's on the verge of implosion. Maybe we're due a "big" war, an "extinction" event!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

If you have seen the movie "DELIVERANCE" it explains a bit about everything backwoods redneck country culture !
At least I know to carry a bow and arrow armament and would go silently about my business in those parts.
Firearms make too much noise and ruckus for the good ole boys !

But if you go gallivanting around in the back country you can certainly expect to encounter Alien culture of another kind.
It maybe the 21st century but there are folks that are still in the threshold of advancing out of the 19th !
Sort of like Australian aboriginal living in a place that time forgot or ignored !

OK way too much Hollywood of an introduction - but I would be careful of the MOON scape a few feet out of MOON town !

Jees wilikers and they live among us !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Just sayin... Men are idiots, and women who act like men are worse! :roll:
Careful there, sir. Some men are idiots; that's a given. Not all are, and not by a long shot. Sadly, it's the idiots that stand out by calling attention to themselves.

That said, I avoid Walmart like the plague.

Take the source into account and let the waste products they spew roll off you. (Although bathe carefully when you get home.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Where ever you go there will the odd rude and ignorant person, and in my opinion; a small minority, including the outback areas (I know nothing of Walmart). Poor Moon happened to encounter an intrusion of these.