Got noticed for the first time.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Got noticed for the first time.

Post by photoguy207 »

I was walking on the Las Vegas strip in my Skhoop Randy skirt with black tights tonight and as I was about to turn the corner to go toward an escalator, out of the corner of my eye I see this guy coming toward me with his hand up for a high five and he said "dude wearing a skirt". I completely ignored him and kept on walking. I was in an area that was lit pretty well without anybody in front of me, that's how I feel he noticed me. I didn't feel threatened, but didn't want to engage him. I think he said "alright" when I ignored him and kept moving. I thought...ok first time out of the way!! I'm sure others have noticed in the past but never said anything to me. It was bound to happen sooner or later!!

The last few nights I have walked around with a skirt on. I was going to try a khaki skirt, but changed back to the black so I could be more "stealthy". I also wore a Merrell black skirt with tights and that looked great. I love sitting at the bar with a skirt on, I know that the bartender doesn't know I have a skirt on and talk to them about things. I feel like I'm getting away with something I should be doing... in reality, it's only a damm skirt, it shouldn't matter!!

When I got spotted, I was walking to an English pub in City Center. I got there and was seated. The one thing about the Skhoop skirt is that it is so slippery!! My napkin kept slipping off my lap. It is so freeing sitting there in a skirt drinking. Nothing binding between the legs!! I'm not sure if my waitress noticed it or not. I was sitting at a table so she probably saw me from the side.

It has been great walking around and not being envious of the women wearing skirts, since I am in one myself!!

It's been said before, guys have no idea what they are missing by not wearing skirts!!
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Got noticed for the first time.

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

photoguy207 wrote:...out of the corner of my eye I see this guy coming toward me with his hand up for a high five and he said "dude wearing a skirt". I completely ignored him and kept on walking. I was in an area that was lit pretty well without anybody in front of me, that's how I feel he noticed me. I didn't feel threatened, but didn't want to engage him. I think he said "alright" when I ignored him and kept moving
Just curious as to why you felt unable to engage? It seems like a great passing opportunity to acknowledge a compliment with a friendly response was missed, but I am not you and don't know the full circumstances. Well done on being out there, though.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Just curious as to why you felt unable to engage?
I guess I just panicked, and didn't want to attract more attention where I was. I thought about this happening in advance and would have loved to engage somebody under the right circumstances.

Skirting in the "wild" is so much better than being contained to my private life!!
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

photoguy207 wrote:
Just curious as to why you felt unable to engage?
I guess I just panicked, and didn't want to attract more attention where I was. I thought about this happening in advance and would have loved to engage somebody under the right circumstances.
I can empathise with that; no doubt we've all been there at some time or other.
Skirting in the "wild" is so much better than being contained to my private life!!
So true.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

To be fair, if I was in Vegas and someone was trying to talk to me, I'd ignore them regardless of what they said and my attire.

Better safe than sorry!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I'm surprised some people are so paranoid!
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

I've never visited the USA, let alone Las Vegas, and so I have no point of reference for safety there; however, I did walk into an unknown pub in Vauxhall, London, to meet some people I'd only exchanged messages over the internet. At the time I was wearing a scarlet red satin pencil skirt and high heel knee high boots. A tall, athletically built, black guy took one look, smiled broadly and held out his hand exclaiming "put it there!" He wasn't part of the group I was meeting, but I was welcomed in a strange place by new friends!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Once, while wearing a Utilikilt, I was approached by a man who was interesting in kilting. I gave him a card which had the requested information.

You may have been noticed by a guy who is intrigued by skirts, but who has not yet mustered the courage to make the plunge. (And he may well feel very isolated, due to this forbidden interest).
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Until a couple of years ago I never would have thought I would actually wear a skirt. I bought a towel wrap that fastened with velcro and it got me very curious. I wore it to the mail box a few times and answered the front door while wearing it with a tee shirt. I had an operation which had a long and painful recovery, so I bought a tennis skirt to wear around the house because it was much more comfortable. I became more curious and wore it while hiking a few times. I have since added some skirts to my collection and enjoy wearing them in our yard and when out hiking. I also wear one to public places, especially where no one knows me. I have never been noticed or received any comments, negative or positive.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

When wearing utility kilts, I get asked, "Where can I buy one of those?" every now and then (like once every two or three months). I typically give them some Web addresses but that usually disappoints them. I think they'd really prefer a shop or department store where they could try one on.

I get other positive compliments and reactions far more often. In four years, no one has ever made a negative comment. The worst I've ever gotten is a frown.

And I wear skirts or utility kilts essentially everywhere I go.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron