Its just clicked

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Its just clicked

Post by Tackleberry »

For some reason the last few weeks everything has just "clicked" into place and now it doesn't bother going out into public in a skirt... 8)
Can't wait to get my 2 new ones - calf length pencil skirt and a calf length denim skirt...
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Its just clicked

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Have fun with them!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Tackleberry wrote:For some reason the last few weeks everything has just "clicked" into place and now it doesn't bother going out into public in a skirt...
Congratulations! You've arrived!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Great to hear! Denim skirts are always a good choice. Just treated myself to a new Zara one. Knee-length as well 8)
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

kilty wrote:Great to hear! Denim skirts are always a good choice. Just treated myself to a new Zara one. Knee-length as well 8)
I love my denim skirts...!!!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Congratulations! You're doing well.

Are you comfortable in all situations? If not, then you still have more "clicks" ahead of you. Here's wishing you reach them soon.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Good for you, Tackleberry! Once you realize that it's no big deal for a guy to go out and about in a skirt, you'll come to enjoy your outings all the more. Have fun!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Go for it. Life will be far more enjoyable for you.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Go for it Tackleberry, I did and it sure has been a really fun trip.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

Congratulations!

For me, after a while my mind grew accustomed to me wearing a skirt. Once it was a known experience, and I'd had no bad reactions, I no longer perceived my skirt wearing as a huge social transgression, but just an unusal fashion choice. And I didn't have the mindset anymore that people would react with shock or revulsion. But that change was only in my mind; how the average person reacts to a man in a skirt, of course, did not really change in that short time period. Was I too pessimistic before, or am I too optimistic now? Either way, it's interesting how many things are "all in your head."
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

finrod wrote:For me, after a while my mind grew accustomed to me wearing a skirt. Once it was a known experience, and I'd had no bad reactions, I no longer perceived my skirt wearing as a huge social transgression, but just an unusal fashion choice. And I didn't have the mindset anymore that people would react with shock or revulsion. But that change was only in my mind; how the average person reacts to a man in a skirt, of course, did not really change in that short time period. Was I too pessimistic before, or am I too optimistic now? Either way, it's interesting how many things are "all in your head."

Same here. I've always liked my skirts and rapidly decided I wanted to wear them instead of trousers as often as possible, but for a while I was hindered by being nervous of people's reactions. For example, I would avoid any unplanned social interaction, especially anything mildly confrontational, such as complaining about something in a shop or restaurant. Although I knew there was no reason why a man should not wear a skirt, I suppose I was half expecting a bad reaction, half worried that I would not be taken seriously in a skirt. A perception of my social transgression - that was it exactly. But at some point I stopped worrying about that, probably because it never happened. Now I couldn't give a toss!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

finrod wrote:...it's interesting how many things are "all in your head."
My thoughts exactly.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron