let's list why we like skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Re: let's list why we like skirts

Post by TheRod »

One thing I really like about wearing skirts that it is easy to smooth out a tucked in top - just lift up the skirt and get the top garment adjusted perfectly with no folding over.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

An inner knowledge of physical comfort, a knowledge that sets you apart from the average guy.

Almost a privileged knowledge. Other guys would have to leave their (psychological) comfort zone to experience the superior physical comfort.

A bit ironic, that.
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

# 1 above all is comfort.
I can't stand the binding of pajama bottoms.

# 2 is the ease of play with the wife.
We just lift our skirts & get busy. Quick :-)
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

• Comfort, room to move legs naturally, freedom from crotch seam and fly.
  • The larger "canvas" makes colour more effective, and colours feel good on my brain.
  • Dressing and management through the day is much easier than trousers.
  • Durability, no more worn-thin thighs or frayed cuffs.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote:I do it as a message to the broken, the beaten, and the damned that I will stand with you. A message that may become very important in the coming years.
Amen.
Daryl...
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

One I just had rediscovered the other evening.
Portable blanket.
With a thick ankle length circle skirt (felt poodleskirt) makes good for a blanket over the legs and feet when curled up on your favorite sofa, couch, or davenport.

Used the "Flat lap" tip that someone sugested. The other day while at a fast food drive up to count and change for the food.

Mishawakaskirt
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I hike and enjoy nature and wildlife photography. Skirts allow unlimited stride, ventilation, and are great for driving. I can pull it up and enjoy the air conditioner on me. I can change with boots on. They are just more comfortable.
whorton

Post by whorton »

Give me SKIRTS or give me DEATH!
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

whorton wrote:Give me SKIRTS or give me DEATH!
They can have my skirt when they rip it off my cold dead butt!

P.S. Wolverines!
Daryl...
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

Although I'm not very active on this board, I'm still skirting. I doubt very seriously that I'll ever quit. A skirt & a t-shirt is my daily wear at the house 24/7/365. I have a light fabric black A-Line skirt that I've almost wore out. I need a new one. I have a black panel skirt A-Line (hugger) skirt that is warm in winter. I have two pairs of polyester athletic gym shorts that my wife cut open the legs when I first told her I wanted to (finally) start skirting. While the light fabric A-Line has been my go-to skirt for the last three years, my joy of converting to gym shorts is what drove me here today. Many years ago she just cut-open the legs, and that was fine, but they still flopped about & sorta looked odd. I've been out of work for nine weeks now due to a knee surgery that thankfully just ran into a pre-planned vacation. It's been wonderful being skirted this long. But, it was frustrating to have to change into shorts while at the beach. I had brought one of my gym shorts with me, and out of boredom I went & got a sewing kit to sew-up the seams & not make it so floppy anymore. I am ecstatic at the results. Now, it's not so obvious the bottom was cut-out, and it looks almost identical to a woman's tennis skirt. A tight, trim look, doesn't have the flair of an A-Line. Although I have a nice bit of property, and one neighbor is within eyesight, I've always been cautious about skirting anywhere within eyesight of the road, about 100 yds. from the house. This has always been frustrating, because I'm always skirted. Now, with my two newly converted gym shorts, with the tennis skirt style to them, from a distance, they look like shorts. Which means I can now work in the yard with ease & confidence that I did not have before. I'm still loving my skirts & still loving my shaved legs. Hoping to get a home laser hair zapper this year.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Jetblasted wrote:I had brought one of my gym shorts with me, and out of boredom I went & got a sewing kit to sew-up the seams & not make it so floppy anymore. I am ecstatic at the results. Now, it's not so obvious the bottom was cut-out, and it looks almost identical to a woman's tennis skirt. A tight, trim look, doesn't have the flair of an A-Line.
Sounds like a great idea. Could you post a picture?
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I recently discovered another argument to wear skirts. Our cat.

When I watch TV in pants or shorts, the cat jumps on my lap, walks around a little and jumps of. With a skirt, the cat jumps on my lap, is looking for a cosy spot and goes to sleep or starts purring. Even when I sit at the kitchen table, she jumps on my lap and squeezes in between my lap and the table top. When it comes to skirt wearing, I have now another fan beside the two neighbors.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

beachlion wrote:I recently discovered another argument to wear skirts. Our cat.

When I watch TV in pants or shorts, the cat jumps on my lap, walks around a little and jumps of. With a skirt, the cat jumps on my lap, is looking for a cosy spot and goes to sleep or starts purring. Even when I sit at the kitchen table, she jumps on my lap and squeezes in between my lap and the table top. When it comes to skirt wearing, I have now another fan beside the two neighbors.
Heh, one of our cats loves any fabric he can knead, especially if connected to a person. He loves laying beside me and kneading my skirt. The other one walks back and forth across my lap periodically. He doesn't step where the skirt is between my legs but I get the sense that he just thinks it looks more like a kitty highway when I've got a skirt on. If I'm wearing one of my circle skirts and spread it out on the couch beside me, either one is apt to come lay in it.

So, check, one more reason to wear a skirt. :D
Daryl...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

stevelous wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:39 pm A loose skirt can be put on over the head. Try that with trousers.
Revisiting an old thread but still topical.
Many times I have changed my skirt while keeping my boots on and the other day after we had rain I went to do the same but my boots were muddy. I have good balance but was unsure if I could do the change without the material touching the muddy boot. I then remembered that many skirts will fit over the head and I executed a clean skirt change by this strategy. It was easy although I instinctively looked for arm holes during the process.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Most of the time, I wear trousers as they are convenient; I can step over things more easily, climb step ladders, sit without worrying about showing my underwear or having straighten them out - and they are warmer.

Skirts are just nice for a change. They are lighter, gentler and offer brilliant ventilation. For me, they don't replace trousers, but they make a great alternative to wear now and then, especially when doing something not too physical, like walking in the woods or going to the library or chilling out at home. All men and boys should have this option just as women and girls do.