Getting more confidence

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Getting more confidence

Post by Tackleberry »

I think I'm getting more confidence as I had a rare daylight finish from work today and went for a walk along a popular dog walking route.
I passed several people and didn't get an exact up and down look but it was more of a quick look down look :?
But then again whenever somebody is with a dog I make eye contact with the owner first no matter what I'm wearing...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Getting more confidence

Post by denimini »

That is how it starts, soon you will be going everywhere in a skirt. I think more feelings of excitement and achievement come from these first outings than any other time.
I hope the dogs are well controlled and you don't have an experience like someone here with a dog and a skirt - made me laugh.

I assume you were wearing a skirt and not trying to overcome Cynophobia.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

denimini wrote:That is how it starts, soon you will be going everywhere in a skirt. I think more feelings of excitement and achievement come from these first outings than any other time.
I hope the dogs are well controlled and you don't have an experience like someone here with a dog and a skirt - made me laugh.

I assume you were wearing a skirt and not trying to overcome Cynophobia.

LOL I trully remember that experience :oops:
jjjjohanne

Post by jjjjohanne »

There are two main "looks" that I have noticed:
  • * The quick down and back to the face glance is very common these days. I think people with piercings, tattoos, weird socks, breasts, blue hair, etc. get this look too.
    * The look and then the lingering "I don't trust you" look is something I see in more rural areas.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

I am still getting my confidence too. Went to work in my grey pencil skirt yesterday, was scared but I had told my boss beforehand and under diversity laws it was okay.
1456219747975.thumb.jpg.56b49707a5719408cc9eda66d80ef4fc.jpg
Surprisingly it was a non event, no one really commented, but I guess they are already used to my plain coloured kilt. I was only on a half day and had to do some admin. Your pics out and about encouraged me that it is okay and not to worry :mrgreen: :ugeek:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

First off that is a nice skirt .great touch with the nylons and boots. Don't kid yourself going to work in a skirt is a major accomplishment. The greatest fears I had while skirted were
1) meeting somebody I know
2) Having to actually deal with people while wearing a skirt
3) Knowing that you are going to see these people again skirted or not.

You may be a little nervous but just wearing the skirt into work puts you at a different level.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

oldsalt1 wrote:First off that is a nice skirt .great touch with the nylons and boots. Don't kid yourself going to work in a skirt is a major accomplishment. The greatest fears I had while skirted were
1) meeting somebody I know
2) Having to actually deal with people while wearing a skirt
3) Knowing that you are going to see these people again skirted or not.

You may be a little nervous but just wearing the skirt into work puts you at a different level.
Thanks for that. It's one of my favourites. I've always felt that trepidation but nothing bad happened. Going to pee was a bit awkward as people saw me get up from my desk, pull down my skirt hem a bit and head to the toilet but apart from that, it was okay :oops:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

kilty wrote:...Going to pee was a bit awkward as people saw me get up from my desk, pull down my skirt hem a bit and head to the toilet but apart from that, it was okay.
As to pulling your skirt hem down a bit, that's just something anyone who wears skirts has to do. So just do it. It's better than walking around with your skirt bunched up.

As to the men's room, yes, standing at a urinal in a skirt and heels can be nervy, especially at first, and especially if there's a line. Talk about your male bastion and all that. But you're within your rights so just brazen your way through. Skirts aren't for wimps.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Yes a nice looking skirt and hose. Congratulations.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Caultron wrote:
kilty wrote:...Going to pee was a bit awkward as people saw 6me get up from my desk, pull down my skirt hem a bit and head to the toilet but apart from that, it was okay.
As to pulling your skirt hem down a bit, that's just something anyone who wears skirts has to do. So just do it. It's better than walking around with your skirt bunched up.

As to the men's room, yes, standing at a urinal in a skirt and heels can be nervy, especially at first, and especially if there's a line. Talk about your male bastion and all that. But you're within your rights so just brazen your way through. Skirts aren't for wimps.
I just use a stall as it's easier to pull the skirt up, knickers and tights to my knees and sit down. I didn't want to make too much of a spectacle at a urinal, urinals are fine in trousers but pencil skirt bunched up at my waist and everything else pulled down is not... skirts are not for wimps. Later in the day I popped to the loo to change my tights for stockings as it's a bit more airy :oops: popped the tights in my handbag, but a non event. I told guys I found skirts more comfortable than having your junk mashed up in trousers with a seam. I have seen some women in denim so perhaps my denim pencil next week 8)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

kilty wrote:...I just use a stall as it's easier to pull the skirt up, knickers and tights to my knees and sit down. I didn't want to make too much of a spectacle at a urinal, urinals are fine in trousers but pencil skirt bunched up at my waist and everything else pulled down is not... skirts are not for wimps...
For sure, if a skirt is tight enough that pulling up the front inevitably pulls up the back, a stall is (so to speak) the way to go.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
robert
Distinguished Member

Post by robert »

Kilty, that sounds great. Personally, I am not a big fan of the pencil skirts. I have a few, but they tend to get up my thighs as I walk so I have to adjust them all the time. You looked great in your skirt. Maybe I should give my pencil skirt a try again. I would love to see the hole expression in a bigger picture. It must have been so great to go around your work place like that. I guess you must have been nervous in the beginning, but as so many of the experienced gentlemen at the café say, it is a none event when you decide to do it at last. I am not that brave yet. You are brave. Congratulation on your progress.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

robert wrote:Kilty, that sounds great. Personally, I am not a big fan of the pencil skirts. I have a few, but they tend to get up my thighs as I walk so I have to adjust them all the time. You looked great in your skirt. Maybe I should give my pencil skirt a try again. I would love to see the hole expression in a bigger picture. It must have been so great to go around your work place like that. I guess you must have been nervous in the beginning, but as so many of the experienced gentlemen at the café say, it is a none event when you decide to do it at last. I am not that brave yet. You are brave. Congratulation on your progress.
Thanks for the kind words, it's great to bring a dead thread back to life as well. As for whole pictures, I am not quite there yet, it was nervous enough wearing the skort even though nothing happened but I don't want to be a specacle by asking colleagues to take my picture while I pose, hands on hips :lol:

Today, I wore a denim skirt to the doctors. Just to have my blood test. Thought the skirt and nerves would be better than the needle, lol
mini_16022604590111097914009650.jpg
I felt a little self conscious as something this short is out of my comfort zone :oops:

For work, I am sticking to dark, boring colours for now, black skirt, black tights next for Tuesday, I took the picture before I left for work just to make sure everything looked decent, no panty line as the skirt had no lining and I had no slip on. I will still intermix with trousers so it's not replacing them, just another option in my wardrobe. I find pencil skirts professional, I feel good walking in them as they hug my hips and butt, and find them practical as they can keep you warm and I am not a fan of more floaty skirts in case the wind causes a wardrobe malfunction... they help me keep knees together so no one looks up your skirt but if it does ride up a little, I end up just leaving it, like most women do, but might give the hem a tug when crossing my legs or first getting up from my chair. Skirts only ride up so far and kind of stay where they are, so I am trying not to get too fixated on it, and sometimes you can totally forget you are wearing a skirt, as movements become more normal, or as mentioned before, trips to the toilet. It is not so easily tolerated by my partner, who rolls her eyes when she saw me in my skirt. I used to wear kilts but pencil skirts are so much better as theres no pleats to get ruined, and if I don't sweep my skirt under my butt the worse that may happen is some creased material where the slit at the back of my skirt is, but it is no big deal. I should get off this thread :roll:
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Caultron wrote:
kilty wrote:...Going to pee was a bit awkward as people saw me get up from my desk, pull down my skirt hem a bit and head to the toilet but apart from that, it was okay.

I've gone to men's rooms in restaurants and theaters while garbed in skirts and heels, and I'm here to tell you it's no big deal, however, I prefer going into a stall instead of to a urinal, but that's just me.

Anyhoo, confidence is important in any endeavor you undertake, and not just wearing skirts in public either. My very first time in a skirt was in broad daylight and I thought it would be a nightmare, but nothing happened, the sky didn't fall, I wasn't laughed out of the city, nothing. As long as you exude confidence, even boldness, public skit wearing can be a breeze.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.