Foot wear suggestion

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Foot wear suggestion

Post by Gordon »

When I started wearing skirts particularly when going out to dinner or such when I would wear one of my "better" skirts, I suddenly started to wear more variety in shoes. I now have 3 pairs of women's ankle boots and 1 pair of heeled oxford all ranging from 1 to 3 inch heels. Variety is the spice of life.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
BorderXing

Post by BorderXing »

My niece was here for Christmas and noticed one day that we both had on plaid flannel shirts and black down vests. She asked me If I had any riding boots so we could be twins. I ended up getting a pair a couple of weeks later. I wear them as often with jeans as I do a skirt. I probably needed a wide width though. They have broken in but it took awhile.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Shoes mmm
I have just bought my 1st pair or rather couldn't decide on flat or heels so I bought both pairs....
My normal shoe size is a 10 and I have broad feet so after searching on the net and eBay was a waste of time I seen that Evans do sizes up to 11 in E and EEE sizes
I got a pair of kitten court shoes 2" heels from oxford street for £28 and a pair of suedette flat shoes with which look nice from primark in a size 9 (that's the largest they do) for a mere £5 so happy days.
So for the 1st time ever I wore my flats and my new denim knee skirt with dark hold ups and walked in a park then just sat on a bench with lots of people walking by, a man a woman then 2 men and a couple walking the dog then a woman pushing her Oran and I was shocked NOBODY made any comments apart from two men saying MORNING to me I felt good so going out a lot more often now
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Karl wrote:...So for the 1st time ever I wore my flats and my new denim knee skirt with dark hold ups and walked in a park then just sat on a bench with lots of people walking by, a man a woman then 2 men and a couple walking the dog then a woman pushing her Oran and I was shocked NOBODY made any comments apart from two men saying MORNING to me I felt good so going out a lot more often now
Yes, as with so many other kinds of clothing, people really don't care what you wear. Just look at the variety of things other people wear.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Simple,
Once upon a time, I'd have suggested, nay stressed, comfort above all.
I still, stress that a shoe should be kind to your feet.
Now we are talking form over function.
I have recently discovered heel that work better with certain skirts.
Longer skirt+higher heel = better look? That's open, just my feeling for me.
That also comes at a price. The heels change your stance, posture and balance.
There are side effects in the adaptation from plain guy shoes.
Sore muscles in the legs and back. That's the worst but practice and exercise work.
Ideally, your foot should be OK from outset. That's in an ideal world.
My last shot in pics and looks, tan shoes?
Look good but MMMMMM?
Steve.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

In my opinion footwear is a combination of style and should work with what you are wearing.
As only the first two links worked, my suggestion considering the style of the skirts seen, would be sporty. Tights depending on weather and color and whether you legs are tanned.
In case of a more formal outfit I would consider loafers, these are models which can be considered uni-sex.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

My Flickr fans seem to favor me in my flats.

Then again those are considered "feminine" by the societal rule setters.

Not much on boots myself, though I see lots of women wearing boots with skirts in the winter.

When it's cold I just prefer my ordinary black shoes and maybe my thigh high socks for warmth.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.