Asos Kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
crggrg

Asos Kilt

Post by crggrg »

http://www.asos.com/reclaimed-vintage/r ... ms%20Image

I have just come across this men's kilt on the popular online retailer asos. Good to see that a well known retailer is selling this item.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Asos Kilt

Post by Kilty »

It's a start, I guess. Thought they should have just called it a skirt, as a kilt has pleats. Doesn't even wrap all the way round, so may not be that warm. For £10 more, you can get a proper Polyviscose Kilt off eBay :roll:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Yeah, a kilt without pleats seems like a balloon without the skin.

But I, too, suppose any attempt to sell an unbifurcated garment to men is commendable.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

I would say this was a start, but it reminds me too much of H&M efforts about 15/16 years ago.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

It's also described as a "Reclaimed Vintage Tartan Kilt" - colour black, although it does seem to have a very faint check pattern, Go figure. In reality an asymmetric wrap around skirt, but it's great to see ASOS stepping out of line again so I suppose we shouldn't complain. I like it but it's too rich for me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.