What to wear...

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

What to wear...

Post by Tackleberry »

As I've got a temporary job since I got sacked from my last job (wearing skirts is possible) I've been wearing skirts for longish walks before going into work, but I don't know what to wear this morning for work :lol: :lol:
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What to wear...

Post by Kilty »

Black pencil skirt with 40 denier tights and boots will do, and perhaps a more androgynous top, though I would wear a jeans skirt to work on dress down Fridays or if the work is fairly relaxed with dress codes. I'd steer away from any sort of mini skirts (anything shorter than 21 inches) as it may not look too professional. For me, a classic M&S pencil works wonders, with a turtleneck top :wink:

Post a pic of your ensemble if you can, mate :D
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Kilty, are there any particular pencil skirts you would recommend from M&S? I quite like the look, and would buy one if the fit were right. About 21-23 inches.

Cheers

Ray
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Hi Tackleberry,

I think Kilty would wear his pencil skirts to both a formal ball and to participate in a ditch digging contest.

I try to dress for the occasion and to blend in. Oh, alright, to stand out as one of the best-dressed or most stylish person in the group, but neither over- or under-dressed.

What Kind of job is it? What kind of culture? Does everyone else dress up or dress casually?

Don't worry, if you dress in the same fashion as the ladies there, you'll still stand out; you get points for courage and women's inherent insecurities about their looks, at least here in the US will give you an edge in their opinion.

Men generally don't think much about clothes.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Ray wrote:Kilty, are there any particular pencil skirts you would recommend from M&S? I quite like the look, and would buy one if the fit were right. About 21-23 inches.

Cheers

Ray
I would jump on ebay as sadly M&S dont seem to have many pencil skirts in the shops, they are going to turn half their clothes shops into food courts (sagging sales figures), I found a pencil skirt that was part of a suit in grey, but the slit was at the front :blue: but as I needed it for work (and a ditch digging event according to some) I bought it and wore it back to front :lol: Front slits can invite others to look at your legs and up your skirt, plus the back of the skirt hitting my legs due to no rear slit was annoying. Watch out for dodgy linings, common on M&S skirts nowadays which is a shame. Theres some nice chino pencil skirts from M&S on ebay, but you can also find cute Zara denim pencil skirts and more expensive Hobbs and Warehouse ones for a fraction of the price on ebay. Found an LK Bennett one for £4 the other day :!: :wink:
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:Hi Tackleberry,
What Kind of job is it? What kind of culture? Does everyone else dress up or dress casually?
Delivering domestic appliances to homes so not able to wear a skirt... :cry: