hoodies and skirts.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

hoodies and skirts.

Post by Bamaskirting »

hi! it's been awhile since i've been on here. also i've become addicted to leggings. but don't fret, i still love my skirts and have added a few to the collection. got a question. it's getting cold. anyone wear hoodies with skirts?
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: hoodies and skirts.

Post by Darryl »

Yup. Tommy Hilfigger blue zip-up jacket with a hood. Have also worn my new cowled sweater under it for a good-n-toasty experience.

Tonight it was 24 deg. F. and I got the munchies after working on a QuickBooks problem at work remotely so I pulled the same hood....well, I call it a hoody, maybe its just a hooded (cloth) jacket? Anyway, pulled in on over my new black cable-knit sweaterdress and headed out to a local all-night eatery and got something to eat. I guess at 3 am most of the staff is used to about anything, no stares, no double-takes, nada, zip. Will try the dress again tomorrow at the mall, hopefully. May wear a blazer or the cowled sweater with it, depends on the temp.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yeah, quite a bit. Got some sleeveless and sleeved ones. Try and get the colour to match the skirt, of course. Cool.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Wearing a hooded top to ward off a blitzing windchill - WHY not ?
Wearing a hooded garment with a skirt or dress - questionable if the lower half of the body is not covered (bare legs) !
Put them leggings on - good idea !
Don't go wild here - try to work out some sort of mix and match color co-ordination unless of course you are a holiday court jester ! LOL !
And above all protect those freezing assets !

Be nice now do not stick your tongue out and kiss a pole - no not that kind of person - a flag pole !

Alcoholic anti-freeze is tolerated until a state of rigor firmament has commenced - then it becomes a preservative !

Remember a movie years ago where W. C. Fields comes in out of the weather with a blast of snow following him on the set and he says:
"Neither a Fit Night for Man nor Beast" - with his ruby red proboscis like Rudolph - I have heard that the props used where the real thing and not Coke !

I was going to take a photo of me wearing a Mini-SportKilt with black leggings - white parka like jacket and darn the shutter shuttered (shivered) it's last frame !

-OR- maybe it was Kodak's freeze frame of death.

You can't micro wave this stuff of global warming but you can micro wave a couple of shots of Brandy - take two of these and don't try to call me in morning !

And then there was "Baby It's Cold Outside" in set right outside of Lawrence of Arabia desert set all from a back lot in Hollywood !

Enough enough of the mad mad mad world stuff.

Thinking of escaping to somewhere warm like Hawaii - the two Mauna's on the Big Island had some 20 + inches of snow - no you will not see icebergs surfing
on Waikiki Beach at least not yet but while I hallucinate I'll take a Mai Tai to go Back to the Future.

I said enough is enough I don't need any more material - as Shirley Temple and the Good Ship Lollipop and Shirley's shepard's crook grabs me about the throat
and yanks this computer from my fingers ---- -- ---- - - - -- -
And like Red Skelton signs off - "Good Bye and God Bless" !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Well, not with a skirt, at least on the way into work, and not exactly a hoodie either.

For the last week, I have been travelling to work in windproof pants and changing at work. the "hoodide" is a full on puffy down jacket. It's cold here at the moment.
Skirtlad84

Post by Skirtlad84 »

I've not worn a hoodie with my skirts, generally I wear t shirts or, more commonly polo shirts, but it is often quite difficult to get the outfit looking good as a whole I think... an ongoing project!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Skirtlad84 wrote:I've not worn a hoodie with my skirts, generally I wear t shirts or, more commonly polo shirts, but it is often quite difficult to get the outfit looking good as a whole I think... an ongoing project!
In this particular author's opinion, you're never going to be able to achieve a really good look with either a t-shirt or "hoodie" (the "male burka" of the west). Both are such extremely casual wear that they badly offset the modern semi-formality of a skirt; the offset is where the problem arises. One might -- just -- be able to force things a bit with a frayed or otherwise "distressed" denim skirt, but certainly not in any other fabric.

My advice on the matter, and all are certainly welcome to disagree with it, is "Just don't."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

OTOH, there is such a thing as a casual skirt.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Caultron wrote:OTOH, there is such a thing as a casual skirt.
Indeed, and "distressed" (read, "trashed") denim is the ultimate exercise in that.

I'll be forthright here. I detest the dumbed-down "casual" mentality of today. It's slovenly and entirely unattractive. I understand comfort; I really do. I also understand that it's possible to be comfortable and to look decent into the bargain. The two are not mutually exclusive in spite of what some (ill-informed) folk might tall you.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

What about this use of a "Hoodie" :?:

Practical, yes :?:

(Where's that blasted rock - - :hide: )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Not to mention how nice and warm your hoodie gets in the microwave!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

i was looking at some pictures online and those people looked fantastic. they were women in skirts and hoodies. so i did it and it didn't work. i think it would have to be a form fitting hoodie or maybe a denim one. oh well
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

I've done it frequently... Works well. Trick is to make sure that you're wearing something that's at least just above-knee, though. Otherwise, it begins to look like a very loose shirt underneath the hoodie, since most of them are long enough to cover your rearend.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Bamaskirting wrote:hi! it's been awhile since i've been on here. also i've become addicted to leggings. but don't fret, i still love my skirts and have added a few to the collection. got a question. it's getting cold. anyone wear hoodies with skirts?
The legs can take a bit of chill but not good for the head and neck, yes I go for a walk with hood up and wearing mini skirt and get plenty of toots from sad male car drivers coming up behind me, wonder how they feel as they go past and see my full beard. I just ignore it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Bamaskirting wrote:anyone wear hoodies with skirts?
All the time!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.