hoodies and skirts.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: hoodies and skirts.

Post by moonshadow »

Having performed some actual experimentation with whether to tuck in shirt or not, I find it's a matter of personal preference. Even on this site, I've been told some of my outfits look better with the shirt untucked. Otherwise it seems to work with them tucked in.

However when wearing trousers, I normally don't tuck my tee shirts in. However if I'm trying to look "dressy", I will tuck a regular shirt in (polo, button up, etc). Of course, at work I always tuck my shirt into my trousers. I wear a t-shirt under the work shirt. If I have to make a stop on the way home from work, I often take off my work shirt and just wear the tee shirt when I'm off the clock. Obviously tee shirts aren't "dressy", so I never bothered to tuck them in. I suppose I could tuck in a white tee into a pair of jeans... but that's just not my M.O.

Regarding the hoodie: It's standard for me. I wear mine all the time with skirts and anything else.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well, I said I would take up the hoodie and skirt challenge, and here's what I came up with for an outfit I wore yesterday:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Looking good Jeff. Whoever said that hoodies and skirts don't go together.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Ok Jeff Great as usual But as soon as I recover from today's meeting , I may try for extra innings.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Thanks for the kind words. The hoodie (Misses) came from a store called Primark and cost all of $9.00. At that price, I might invest in a couple more as it looks good and would be perfect to wear around March or April when it's too warm to layer it with a jacket, but too cool for shirt sleeves alone.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Denny Crane here Have my Boston Legal Hoodie set on. I loved that show
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Pretty decent, oldsalt!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

oldsalt1 wrote:Denny Crane here Have my Boston Legal Hoodie set on. I loved that show
Nice - well coordinated outfit and neutral color (grey/gray) could pass anywhere.
I like the "A" frame skater skirt appears to be loose free flowing without a lot of bulk and the coverage is perfect in my fashion book !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Good look, old salt. We have much in common, just not our politics! :D
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

dillon wrote:Good look, old salt. We have much in common, just not our politics! :D

Dillon
Thanks . So we don't agree on some things. on the cafe its just some thing to bust each others chops about . Have a Happy New Year
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

With the cold weather I haven't been out as much as I want in skirts. I know I am not a fashion model but I want to feel that I at least look decent in what ever I am wearing . For some reason I just haven't been able to really reach that comfort level when I have to wear tights to keep warm. With this outfit I finally felt comfortable .If you can understand what I mean I feel if people are going to make comments it is going to be because I am wearing a skirt. and not because of what the outfit looks like.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Looks fine to me. The boots look a bit wide at the top but apart from that you wouldn't draw a second glance from me. The hoodie goes well and integrates the whole ensemble.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Pretty decent, oldsalt. A nice, casual outfit that works well just about anywhere.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

We had this discussion about hoodies and skirts last December Taking it a step further was able to get this from KOhls Its a sweat shirt dress This is going to be great for my walks when it gets a little cooler
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Nae problem, oldsalt, looks fine to me and is a garment that I would happily wear. I think the hood adds to the charm of the dress.