Skirt Length & Shoe Selection

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Skirt Length & Shoe Selection

Post by JeffB1959 »

A couple of days ago, I was doing some internet research on what to wear with with tan booties which I happen to have when I stumbled upon this more interesting and, in my opinion, interesting picture about skirts and what shoes to wear with varying hem lengths. For those of us here who are into the full appearance like myself, you might find this to be most educational:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt Length & Shoe Selection

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Good grief! We liberated ourselves from one set of clothing rules just to find ourselves bound by another, more complicated set!

Thank God rules are made to be broken. :roll:
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I reckon that by being non compliant we have liberated ourselves from such as this.
The aesthetics are simply a matter of opinion regardless of wearer's gender.
Certainly, I have a greater range of footwear now. I am also very conscious of how I feel I look.
That means ,if I feel right, it is. Mostly that works.
I will say that I have a pair of brogues with a 2" heel, they work better on midi skirts.
Steve.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Hi Jeff,

Seriously, thank you for sharing your findings.

I was trying to be a little light-hearted w/response, but I have to agree w/ Steve. I don't know where that writer got her information, but it's missing a lot of possibilities. Starting with any kind of boots and maxi skirts.

Yours,

Dave
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

No biggie, Pdx! I did find what you wrote amusing! :lol:

Oh, I agree there are oodles more possibilities than was listed on that illustration. However, it does gives girls, and guys ideas as to how to put together outfits, and I'm all about the complet image.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Great article missed on thing Show me one ad or tv show where the lady is wearing a mini skirt with anything but 3 or 4 inch stilettos.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:Great article missed on thing Show me one ad or tv show where the lady is wearing a mini skirt with anything but 3 or 4 inch stilettos.
That's anomalous behaviour unless the woman is actively on the hunt or in front of a camera where it's well known that "sex sells".

Short skirts are rare enough around here that the last time I saw one was when I last wore one and checked in the mirror before heading out the door.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:Great article missed on thing Show me one ad or tv show where the lady is wearing a mini skirt with anything but 3 or 4 inch stilettos.
Women in ads or on TV wear heels pretty much all the time, regardless of what else they're wearing. But that doesn't mean most ordinary women do. It's just show biz. The female police detective chasing the bad guy in heels? Really?

As to what shoes go with what skirt, I think there's both a lot more and a lot less to it than what's shown on the chart. I'd worry much more about color and style than about heel height.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
izabeusz

Post by izabeusz »

I will never understand why the open-toe tights look bad. I love it!!!