Double slit?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Double slit?

Post by partlyscot »

I bought a skirt the other day, with about 8" slits in front, and 4-6" slits in back. Normally, that would be too much, but the slits are in line with the inner edge of my legs. What this gives me is decent freedom of leg, and a nice flash of colour from my tights or stockings, but no exposure. When I sit down, the front panel drops between my knees and nicely hides all the important bits. It is knee length.

I think this seems to be a very practical but attractive look. I certainly got more compliments than any other outfit.

Anyone else worn something similar?
finrod
Distinguished Member

Re: Double slit?

Post by finrod »

I don't think I've seen a skirt like that, but it sounds intriguing. Do you have a link to it or a similar one, or would you be willing to post a photo?
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

finrod wrote:I don't think I've seen a skirt like that, but it sounds intriguing. Do you have a link to it or a similar one, or would you be willing to post a photo?

I'm away from home at the moment, sometime next week.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

I was trying to visualize what you describe. The first thing that came to mind was cheongsam.
Then I realized cheongsam is a dress, not just a skirt.
It sounds as if this skirt has a front apron, a rear apron, and side panels, with big cuts in
between to show plenty of leg. I am looking forward to seeing it actually being worn,
including motion pictures if possible.
My favored configuration for a man's knee-length skirt (full-cut, not pencil, but not too big
in the hem) is to have trim-tabs at the sides. (That's less violent than "slits.") Not big cuts,
but about 3 1/2 inches. I have one like that, and it works for me in term of comfort,
utility, and looks.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I could picture a "Gladiator" skirt with several large slits (cuts) between apron(s) going from the waist to the hem.
And then on the far side - a car wash skirt with multiple streamers off the waist pix attached.
Then the last two pix are probably closer (all captured off ebay).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !