The worm has turned

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The worm has turned

Post by oldsalt1 »

I am working home today . I am sitting at my desk I am wearing a long tunic top and tights. I have to run out we are having a blizzard tomorrow and of course I need milk. Its about 18 degrees with a wind chill in the single digits. I don't want to change so I figure ill just throw on jeans under my top. I was putting the jeans on when my mind flashed back to catholic grammar school when we wore uniforms and when it was this cold
the girls would come in with pants on under their skirts. Now 62 years later I'm the one putting the pants on underneath.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:I am an accountant so I am busy this time of year. I was just sitting at my computer doing a corporate tax return. and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't comfortable.

When I got up this morning I had to run out to the deli. IT was about 20 degrees so I threw on a pair of jeans and ran out. When I came home I went to work.

Then It dawned on me I wasn't comfortable because I still had my jeans on. I had to get up and go put a on a skirt.
I'm sure hoping you threw on those jeans because you're American and 20 degrees is "cold" to you, not because your deli has a "no-trousers no-pickles" policy!
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:I am working home today . I am sitting at my desk I am wearing a long tunic top and tights. I have to run out we are having a blizzard tomorrow and of course I need milk. Its about 18 degrees with a wind chill in the single digits. I don't want to change so I figure ill just throw on jeans under my top. I was putting the jeans on when my mind flashed back to catholic grammar school when we wore uniforms and when it was this cold
the girls would come in with pants on under their skirts. Now 62 years later I'm the one putting the pants on underneath.
Heh, obviously irony is genderless.

But hold, I know I've been away a long time but this is now two reports I've read of men donning trousers due to the temperature. I can't believe that no one has mentioned Sock Dreams in all this time, because if someone had, wouldn't y'all just be putting on some nice warm tall socks not (ugh) trousers?

What HAS Skirt Cafe come to?!
Daryl...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Daryl wrote:Heh, obviously irony is genderless. But hold, I know I've been away a long time but this is now two reports I've read of men donning trousers due to the temperature. I can't believe that no one has mentioned Sock Dreams in all this time, because if someone had, wouldn't y'all just be putting on some nice warm tall socks not (ugh) trousers? What HAS Skirt Cafe come to?!

I for one don't wear trousers only skirts. If I can't wear skirts then I don't go!! As for SockDreams They do not have my size and their largest is a bit too small. I just grin and bare it! :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
Daryl wrote:Heh, obviously irony is genderless. But hold, I know I've been away a long time but this is now two reports I've read of men donning trousers due to the temperature. I can't believe that no one has mentioned Sock Dreams in all this time, because if someone had, wouldn't y'all just be putting on some nice warm tall socks not (ugh) trousers? What HAS Skirt Cafe come to?!
I for one don't wear trousers only skirts. If I can't wear skirts then I don't go!! As for SockDreams They do not have my size and their largest is a bit too small. I just grin and bare it! :lol:
Well, I am over 6 feet and 240 lbs so I think probably most men could find several items at Sock Dreams, depending on foot and calf size (which are not huge in my case). I have some from there that would fit an elephant, but it does depend also on what you want. No complaints about their prices.

I'm with you on not going if I can't wear skirts, which in fact only means that I always go... :)
Daryl...
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Since my doc recommended support hose some years back, and all the medical staff at the home where my mom was recommended support hose to help my tired legs after 12-14 hour shifts in the NOC on concrete and raised-tile computer room floors...and they worked...and they don't 'feel' like trousers to me, I have no problem pulling on tights, leggings, fleece-lined tights and/or fleece-lined leggings in whatever combinations are needful according to the weather.

Besides, :D growing up I really liked to see the girls in their colored hose/tights and skirts. Now I play the same tricks. Yesterday I copied a young lady I saw: red tights and red top (I used a red turtleneck) with black just-above-the-knee skirt and I think it was well received, especially now that I'm wearing my tops untucked for the most part.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Darryl wrote: Besides, :D growing up I really liked to see the girls in their colored hose/tights and skirts. Now I play the same tricks. Yesterday I copied a young lady I saw: red tights and red top (I used a red turtleneck) with black just-above-the-knee skirt and I think it was well received, especially now that I'm wearing my tops untucked for the most part.
Jealousy of what girls wear? Heaven forbid! :)

My fascination started VERY young playing in the yard among the drying laundry. One of my mom's dresses was hanging there. I remember literally nothing about it other than that I could stand up under it and it was like being in a tent. From then on I thought how neat it was that women could have their tents with them all the time, as clothes, so of course the freedom of that stuck in my mind and had to pop out again at some point.
Daryl...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Going back to about last October, when ever I left the house in a skirt I would have a backup pair of pants or shorts just in case. Now when I head out and for some reason I have pants on. I have a skirt to change into as soon as I am done whit what I had to wear the pants for.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:Going back to about last October, when ever I left the house in a skirt I would have a backup pair of pants or shorts just in case. Now when I head out and for some reason I have pants on. I have a skirt to change into as soon as I am done whit what I had to wear the pants for.
Yup, been there. Enough time in skirts and pants become an inconvenience to be tolerated only when absolutely needed.
Daryl...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I remember back to my early teenage days. When you were walking thru a parking lot and a lady drove in as the normal little perverts that we all were we would hang around trying to catch a glimpse of something as she got out of the car.

Now when I go someplace I have to make a definite effort to be sure than when I get out of the car I don't flash anybody.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:I remember back to my early teenage days. When you were walking thru a parking lot and a lady drove in as the normal little perverts that we all were we would hang around trying to catch a glimpse of something as she got out of the car.

Now when I go someplace I have to make a definite effort to be sure than when I get out of the car I don't flash anybody.
Heh, yep, karma is a *****. :)

Mind, I am quite enjoying the extra little bit of mindfulness wearing a skirt requires. It is only a little bit, nothing worth writing home about, but it's a constant that makes me just a little more poised, and a little more aware of my surroundings, in ways I don't object to.
Daryl...
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Daryl wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:I remember back to my early teenage days. When you were walking thru a parking lot and a lady drove in as the normal little perverts that we all were we would hang around trying to catch a glimpse of something as she got out of the car.

Heh, yep, karma is a *****. :)

Mind, I am quite enjoying the extra little bit of mindfulness wearing a skirt requires. It is only a little bit, nothing worth writing home about, but it's a constant that makes me just a little more poised, and a little more aware of my surroundings, in ways I don't object to.
I am more mindful of how I get out of a low chair like a sofa if my skirt is quite a bit above my knee :shock: but I too enjoy being that more graceful of sweeping my skirt under my bum and keeping legs crossed, and just copying what the girls do :wink: As for flashing, it's not intended but it comes with the territory, and something all women just take in their stride, and something us skirted guys have to adapt to :roll:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Here's a good point to ponder . When we were younger it was the thrill of the possibly seeing something. I am in pretty decent shape but still I am a 72 year old man I don't understand why anybody would want to even look up my skirt :scratch: :?: :lol: :oops:

Talking about the Worm turning I can't believe I am even thinking about somebody looking up my :?: :?: skirt :?: :?:
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:Here's a good point to ponder . When we were younger it was the thrill of the possibly seeing something. I am in pretty decent shape but still I am a 72 year old man I don't understand why anybody would want to even look up my skirt :scratch: :?: :lol: :oops:

Talking about the Worm turning I can't believe I am even thinking about somebody looking up my :?: :?: skirt :?: :?:
It's reflexive, not real interest. The instinct to try to see the forbidden fruit is faster than thinking about how fresh that fruit might be. :)
Daryl...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

It's reflexive, not real interest. The instinct to try to see the forbidden fruit is faster than thinking about how fresh that fruit might be. :)
Thats a great line :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by crfriend on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting.