(Good) Comments are king.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: (Good) Comments are king.

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

When you think about it, maybe no comments are as good as good comments. You might interpret that as acceptance or "looks good."
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:When you think about it, maybe no comments are as good as good comments. You might interpret that as acceptance or "looks good."
I would certainly concur. Some folks have become so used to my skirts that they have expressed concern if they have seen me in trousers.
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thank you Ray. At least I know now that my "fan" base has widened just that bit. That my colleagues are supportive and the content and manner of their comments and support means a lot to me and gives me just that little more encouragement out and about.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

It's great that your colleagues were so supportive. I bet you're glad the grumpy old bag was there!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Dang it, and another one today!

Post by crfriend »

I'm as human as the next man [0] and that means that I need to occasionally visit the men's room at the office where I toil and earn my wages that pay the rent and buy the beer [1].

And so it came to pass that in said accommodation I ran into a another chap this afternoon was almost effusive with compliments on my sartorial sensibilities. It seems that I'm a bit of a "notable" in the building. Normally, I'm a bit hesitant around such types, but this guy seemed to be on the up-and-up. He, too, has a sense of style and employs waistcoats but not skirts. Perhaps I've cracked a door for him.

[0] And no jokes about the 3rd Indiana Jones movie.
[1] ... necessitating more visits. One does not buy beer, one rents it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote:I had no criticism, in fact the others said that they liked the skirt and it looked good. To get such support from colleagues was heartening and I said that I loved them all for it.
That is great. Sometimes it takes a incident like that to bring out the support you would otherwise not have known was there. I hope management is as enlightened and supportive.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:When you think about it, maybe no comments are as good as good comments. You might interpret that as acceptance or "looks good."
That has always been my opinion, and it makes sense.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Anthony, I may get management's reaction when I get back to work on Saturday. There wasn't a Manager or Assistant Manager anywhere to be seen. I'm not really expecting anything as they can't really say anything as, as Moon would say, I was off the clock. Anyway the company has a Diversity policy which we have to read and sign to say that I've read it which does actually cover me if I did want to wear a skirt to work, which I don't, not practical for what I do. So I'm not expecting any missiles back about it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I don't get compliments often. I'm perfectly happy to go unnoticed. The most recent one I got occurred when I was leaving a book store. I was wearing a kilt, and a woman in her twenties saw me as I was walking past her. She got my attention and gave me a high five. I had such a big smile on my face. :D
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:I think that fits as well an anything else, and I am quite possibly the only adult male in the USA that has a plush platypus on my bed along with a teddy bear.
You are NOT the only adult male with a stuffed animal on the bed. I lay with a yellow bunny rabbit and also have a brown teddy bear on my pillow. Jenn lays with the plush dolphin we got at the Indianapolis zoo.

Totally nothing wrong with it! And I'll betcha that if everyone laid with a stuffed animal, the world would be a far better place!
Sinned wrote: I relayed my news and the lady serving said that the customer she had been serving said that she was offended by my wearing a skirt and I should have been told to leave the shop immediately.
I've had people pull that with me from time to time. Never a customer through work (since I don't mix the two worlds anyway), but my former landlord told me one time one of the campers on the RV park that I lived in front of told him he should do something about "that crossdressing guy". The landlord basically told him that I was a good tenant, pay my rent on time, quiet, takes care of the place, and if he had that big of a problem with how I dressed than HE (the camper) could leave! 8)

You see Dennis, people like that are miserable on the inside, and they seek to make everyone around them as miserable as they are. All we can do is rise above it and let it go. They're not worth our worry.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I was in downtown yesterday and, while at a corner waiting for a green light, a fortysomething woman said I looked lovely, then added I had "plenty of nerve" to wear a short skirt on a cold day (temps were barely 40 with winds making it feel colder), but I told her it was no big deal. She got a chuckle out of that. It's always great to get compliments on my appearance, especially from women. That tells me I'm doing things right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I received an unexpected compliment from my neighbor today. He’s a retired Marine Colonel, recently retired, and I had decided that I would do my yard work skirted this Spring. He spoke to me as I was trimming a couple junipers in the yard, and, being hot and tired by that time, I honestly forgot that I was even skirted. I was in a homemade denim skirt, sewn from some old Carrhart jeans that had succumbed to crotch-rot. He said “I like your denim kilt.” I didn’t try to clarify that it was a skirt, not a kilt, and simply replied the fact that the garment had once been a pair of jeans which were beyond repair, but not beyond renovation. And that I had done so myself, deliberately, with my daughter’s sewing machine. I simply said “I made myself something comfortable for a change.” I was happy, as was he, since I bought some lumber from him, saving him the work of returning it to Lowe’s. And we struck a deal for me to sell him my old canoe trailer. A good day, all in all.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

Went to a bicycle shop today to assemble a new wheel with a 3-speed gear hub. The elderly wife of the shop owner asked me, when I was leaving, what exactly was I wearing, as skirt or something else. I was actually wearing a slightly below the knee black cotton jeans-like skirt with black leggings underneath. Yes, I said, it’s a skirt. Surprised, but not too much, she said, ‘Oh, I guess it’s fashionable now? People wear all sorts of things these days, I sometimes feel like an ape, so much behind!’ ‘Yeah, it is,’ I said, ‘it’s actually quite popular in Japan, even among normal people, not only those interested in this’ (I didn’t go further into detailing what exactly this is).

I was actually a bit scared to go there in a skirt, since one of the guys they employ has some quite right-wing views; I was afraid of getting some negative comments or just mockery, but either he didn’t notice or didn’t mind.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Random person in street told me I looked "cool" today.
Happy with that.
Steve.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

andrewsh wrote:Went to a bicycle shop today.....

I was actually a bit scared to go there in a skirt, since one of the guys they employ has some quite right-wing views; I was afraid of getting some negative comments or just mockery, but either he didn’t notice or didn’t mind.
I consider myself very right wing conservative. I wouldn't hassle you. Not all right wing ERs are jerks or any other word you want to call us.
A individual cussing, being rude, going on a rant. disrespecting workers, customers, or merchandise would be asked to leave. At first I might be a little shocked as most people are for the first half minute. If anything it might get you a " fellow skirter discount"

I don't own a bicycle shop or any other businesses for that matter. But if I did.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.