Skirt Wearing Tips

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt Wearing Tips

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

It's freedom of choice at the end of the day. Whatever one feels comfortable with. Hair, no hair, length, colour, choice, foot wear, man bag whatever. It is ones personal choice and ones personal preference. I, like my partner dress to our preferences and what suits us not what some other states or expects. This is no different to confining men to society expected clothing labels yet full freedom for womens choice. Are you to advise on how women should dress? Personally, many could do with it these days but that's my perception. Be a brave person to try it!
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

"Be a brave person to try it."

My first reaction was, "True that!!" Then I thought of all of the women at church who want to go shopping with me, asked where I bought things, where I got my style sense and my fave, the lovely lady who texts her husband every Sunday to complain that, yet again, I outfabbed her.

That second to last one I could have taken as an invitation to critique her style. I didn't, of course, and in fact did a fair amount of dancing around. It turned out she asked because her husband had complained about her usual attire. My first reaction was, "Give her a break man! She's raising your two kids!" Then I realized she should take it as permission to go shopping and have fun for a change; that he thinks of her as the sexiest woman alive and wants to see more evidence of it!

She has yet to tell me if she followed up on the advice and how it turned out, but then again, it's not really my business!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Gordon wrote:My legs and the rest of my body isn't very hairy at all. And I've always liked a smooth body rather than a hairy one even when puberty attacked and I started to grow hair everywhere. Now that I wear skirts I have a "legitimate" reason for shaving my legs.
Same here! I am not hirsuite but now and then I shave my legs as the stubbly bits can get hooked on your tights and its more presentable. I wear Sloggi briefs (knickers) which are comfortable and hide my package and present a smoother contour to my skirts. Denim skirts are more rugged but formal pencil skirts or other materials are not as foregiving. When nature calls, if you dont want to be messing around with having to do the "tights dance" afterwards, stockings are your friend :wink:

If you don't want to go through all the shaving lark, then kilts may be a better choice, or dark tights and boots with your skirt :)
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Gordon wrote:My legs and the rest of my body isn't very hairy at all. And I've always liked a smooth body rather than a hairy one even when puberty attacked and I started to grow hair everywhere. Now that I wear skirts I have a "legitimate" reason for shaving my legs.
Hi Gordon and all...
I've been shaving everything from the neck down for most of my life because I like the looks and feel of smooth skin. Makes my legs look better with skirts or kilts [my opinion]. I also wear hose or tights whenever I feel like it... :) My "legitimate" reason for shaving... because I like it! :D

--Rick
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kilted Musician wrote:...I've been shaving everything from the neck down for most of my life because I like the looks and feel of smooth skin. Makes my legs look better with skirts or kilts [my opinion]. I also wear hose or tights whenever I feel like it. My "legitimate" reason for shaving... because I like it!...
There's much to be said for that.

I've never been willing to spend the time to shave my whole body but I do shave a lot of it. And fortunately, I've become less hairy with age.

I do like my full beard, though, and despite male pattern baldness, I like a pony tail. Go figure.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron