Winter Leggings

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Winter Leggings

Post by Bertino56 »

What brand of skirt is he wearing?
I'm okay with the leggings. As the weather gets colder, I have
already seen quite a few men wearing these (with shorts). I suspect
they are the thermal underwear sold as sports legwear for bicyclists,
joggers, etc. Sometimes they have the brand name in lettering
on the legs. I don't really like that, but I am looking forward to
seeing colors and patterns on men, not just black. They're out there!
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Bertino56 wrote:What brand of skirt is he wearing?
I'm okay with the leggings. As the weather gets colder, I have
already seen quite a few men wearing these (with shorts). I suspect
they are the thermal underwear sold as sports legwear for bicyclists,
joggers, etc. Sometimes they have the brand name in lettering
on the legs. I don't really like that, but I am looking forward to
seeing colors and patterns on men, not just black. They're out there!
I was supprised to lean that I could track this one down.

The Skirt is a designer skirt : http://www.adaxnik.com/noirdesir/
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

moonshadow wrote:
I still think he looks fine, and not because he's the fashion underdog either- No, from the bottom of my heart I am baffled about what the big deal is over 2" of skin showing...
My problem isn't so much with the look, as I said, it's more to do with the description of them as Winter leggings.

I should point out that my definition of Winter is a little more robust than you are used to.
http://www.calgaryherald.com/cms/binary/10366902.jpg
Last edited by partlyscot on Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The skirts and leggings look actually doesn't bother me and U think it is acceptable. One of my managers at work wears an above the knee dress and leggings and she does it for the same reason that I don't wear skirts at work - modesty. I suppose seeing her every working day I have got used to it as we eventually get used to many changes in styles and fashions. So I agree with Moon and on seeing the combination it just makes no impression on me at all and I wonder why you are all getting so uptight about it. It's getting closer to winter and the colder weather will see many more women wearing skirts and leggings, so what.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

partlyscot wrote:
moonshadow wrote:
I still think he looks fine, and not because he's the fashion underdog either- No, from the bottom of my heart I am baffled about what the big deal is over 2" of skin showing...
My problem isn't so much with the look, as I said, it's more to do with the discretion of them as Winter leggings.

I should point out that my definition of Winter is a little more robust than you are used to.
Woah! You can keep all of that action! :D
I'd rather show ankle all year long than to spend three months shoveling that! :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

moonshadow wrote:
partlyscot wrote:
moonshadow wrote:
My problem isn't so much with the look, as I said, it's more to do with the description of them as Winter leggings.

Woah! You can keep all of that action! :D
I'd rather show ankle all year long than to spend three months shoveling that! :lol:
LOL!

It's not always like that, last year's Winter basically didn't happen, but Calgary is known for not following forecasts, and walking out like the guy shown in the picture could get you nasty frostbite some days!
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

partlyscot wrote:
moonshadow wrote:

I'm the one that called them Winter leggings since I associate leggings under a skit as winter wear.
Winter in this case would be below freezing temperatures.

The Original Photo is from Lookbook NU, and is from a young man that lives in London. I know some young men have a adopted the skirt and leggings look. That's what fashion is all about making your own personal statement.

:ugeek:
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: opening post

Post by Grok »

I was looking at the image, and it occurred to me that the fellow might add black socks. I don't like the idea of bare ankles during winter weather.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Re: opening post

Post by hoborob »

Grok wrote:I was looking at the image, and it occurred to me that the fellow might add black socks. I don't like the idea of bare ankles during winter weather.
I actually like that suggestion Grok. Of course he could also add some opaque black tights or hose underneath as well for an additional layer of insulation.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:Perhaps it's my age showing... :P but I think the guy looks pretty cool!

In fact... I think I'll give it a pin!
Me too. Maybe I am old too, or maybe others are jaded.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

i'm extremely addicted to leggings. one day i wanted to go somewhere. i wanted to wear a skirt and i also wanted to wear leggings. i tried both. i just couldn't make it work. but i see a lot of ladies doing it very successfully in my opinion. especially in the Lularoe crowd. (a clothing brand)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

You will never make it work unless you are playing the holiday part of a court jester or elf !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

I like the look of leggings and skirts, I'm thinking about trying it with a denim skirt and a pair of leggings... :wink:
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

I wear leggings and/or tights all the time during cold weather. With or without a fleece lining, depending on how cold it is.

Skirts, dresses, tunics. Leggings: footless and footed, a little lace design (black-on-black) and some with a bit of lace around the ankle, and mostly in black, but one red pair. Tights: all footed, black, mocha, blue, red, herringbone and a few other patterns.

Even worn with my kilts as necessary. Only one comment received last year - an unknown lady came up to me in McDonalds and said that I shouldn't be wearing the tights....because now she knew what I had on under the kilt! :shock:

When the temp gets below freezing, one does what one must. And I'm not one for floor-sweepers and petticoats.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I tell ya, now that we're moving into the cold months I find myself attempting to wear tights/leggings now and then, only to slip them off in the car half way through the day because I always seem to pair them with clingy skirts.

In fact, it seems I can't find a skirt that doesn't magnetize itself to a pair of leg coverings. The thigh high socks seem to work better... and make it easier to function when nature calls.

Perhaps I can give them a go with the hoop petti. That rig keeps the skirt off the legs under all but the widest of strides. 8)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.