Does skirting help you relax

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Does skirting help you relax

Post by STEVIE »

I'm a full time skirter too.
Am I always "relaxed",no. That would not be real life. Nirvana, perhaps?
Do I function better in a skirt, hell yes!
I actually think better and act better. I produce better work. Bonus is that it annoys the crap out of my boss. (I have better legs)
Stress and depression are the ultimate pits and I know them well.
I'm not cured but being skirted eases my mind.
That is to the extent of being able to out perform anything I would have done in trousers.
I also know now that I have a degree of choice, this helps immensely.
Every day is a skirt, odd occasions will require trousers.
Steve.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Going off topic but favorite movie is Voyage home when they come back for the whales. I also love the three latest movies about early star trek. Kirk seems to be getting beat up in almost every scene. What next gen episode has the scene with Piccard in the tunic.
SkirtedWelshman

Post by SkirtedWelshman »

Skirting makes me relaxed. I work in education, so term-time means shirt, tie and trousers. At weekends and holidays, it's skirt or kilt, full male make-up and nail polish. Handbags to carry the necessary things for touching up my look.
What relaxes me is simply going out as me. I find people are curious, and keen to ask me questions. I often get compliments on my 'look'. As a result I have met many interesting people It starts with the process in the morning. Picking out my skirt and matching top. After that, the extra close shave (in readiness for my base foundation). After the shower and brushing teeth next style my hair. Next step is moisturiser, then make-up application, carefully selected colours to match my outfit. Loading up my selected handbag with touch-up cosmetics and brushes and other stuff for the day. Then dress, always leaving the skirt until last, building up the anticipation. Final make-up adjustment and I'm ready for the day all of this takes a couple of hours, but it's worth it. Final check in the mirror and a twirl for the feel and full effect. I'm ready for the day.

Looking in the mirror, everything looks right, feels right, I feel complete and me. I,m happy with me feminised, yet masculine look. I adore the freedom and constriction of the skirt. The looks, compliments I get off people boosts me up.

Men are taught to conform, blend in, don't stand out. Standing out, being different, wearing a skirt. Win, win in my book.
Martin. :D
Last edited by SkirtedWelshman on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:...What next gen episode has the scene with Piccard in the tunic.
I don't know but there were several, and some with both Picard an Riker in them.

They seemed to wear these only for formal occasions, so I always enjoyed the irony of them being "dress" uniforms.

There's a photo at http://www.startrek.com/article/star-tr ... t-costumes about 3/4 of the way down, or try searching google images for "Star Trek generations dress uniform picard".
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron