Skirted in a cake shop

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirted in a cake shop

Post by moonshadow »

Things are very different stateside Hairy. Don't take your freedoms for granted over there. Without getting in a long involved rant allow me to just say the American south is the "middle east" of the West. You can't possibly understand until you've lived in a southern state for any length of time. I'm glad that you Europeans have so many liberties. It's just not that way over here, and those of us who live in these parts have to be vigilant and careful.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote:My shortest skirts are about 18" total, but I tend to wear all of my skirts above my navel, so that takes a few inches off the bottom I'm sure.

Still even in those I seem to pick up a few more turned heads... don't know if I could be brave enough to try a 10" mini. At 18" when I bend over you can see the bottom of my underwear. I fear anything shorter and I might be arrested! :shock:
Yes, I wear mine below the navel (below the belly to be accurate), so that could account for up to 4" difference. 14" above the navel would be very short and 10" would be a token gesture.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote:
moonshadow wrote:My shortest skirts are about 18" total, but I tend to wear all of my skirts above my navel, so that takes a few inches off the bottom I'm sure.

Still even in those I seem to pick up a few more turned heads... don't know if I could be brave enough to try a 10" mini. At 18" when I bend over you can see the bottom of my underwear. I fear anything shorter and I might be arrested! :shock:
Yes, I wear mine below the navel (below the belly to be accurate), so that could account for up to 4" difference. 14" above the navel would be very short and 10" would be a token gesture.
I started wearing my skirts high because about 1/3 of my skirts I believe (based on the shape) are meant to be worn high on the waist. Once I started doing that I realized that the skirts look better as they hang off my belly as opposed to hugging my hips (and other protrusions). This gives the skirts a neat cone shape from the natural waist on down.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.