What is the younger generation coming to?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

What is the younger generation coming to?

Post by Couya »

At the end of my stay in Grenoble, I went up into the mountains for a weekend of Scottish country dancing.
A great mix of ages and origins, and, of course, no lack of kilts there, but three young men ( 20s - 30s) all changed into trousers when we went out for a restaurant meal. The wiser oldies retained their kilted elegance, of course. What is it that makes young men shy of being seen in public in a kilt -- especially when these were all at least 100 km away from home?
Now basking in the gentle warmth of the Costa del Sol again; what a relief to be without jackets and pullovers and heavy kilts that I needed during my stay in France. T-shirts and light cotton skirts are quite enough here.

Martin
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What is the younger generation coming to?

Post by dillon »

Martin, it is my observation that it takes young men years to grow testicles... :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It's not so much how long it takes to grow them, but rather how long it takes to learn to manage them. :shock:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
bobmoore

Post by bobmoore »

dillon wrote:Martin, it is my observation that it takes young men years to grow testicles... :lol:
:lol: That is so true!
"You can lead a liberal to truth, but you can't make it think."
bobmoore

Post by bobmoore »

crfriend wrote:It's not so much how long it takes to grow them, but rather how long it takes to learn to manage them. :shock:
The place is chock full of wisdom today.
"You can lead a liberal to truth, but you can't make it think."
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Can't argue with the logic of this thread!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

crfriend wrote:It's not so much how long it takes to grow them, but rather how long it takes to learn to manage them. :shock:
Thats priceless!
And At 54 yrs young I'm still working on that! One of my mor "Liberal "Older friends says "Its our sperm that makes us "Evil"....
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Well at least, SkM, despite your dangerous profession you have gotten this far.

I'm all of 20 years ahead of you and it pains me to read jut how many young men come to an early sticky end in motor vehicles. The comment is that testosterone, alcohol and gasoline is a very dangerous mix, often fatal.

The Scots who invade our shores each year attending rugby matches have no such hang-ups about kilt wearing. Very few of them are to be seen wearing trews. The problem with parading around kilted on those weekends is that one is invariably asked at some stage where in Scotland one comes from. The questioner is usually surprised when one claims to be Irish.

As the revelers fly in, their mix has the first two ingredients, but fortunately the gasoline is missing, so they come to no harm.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtedMarine wrote:One of my mor "Liberal "Older friends says "Its our sperm that makes us "Evil"....
That's a common theme with radical feminists. It's usually an argument of last resort, too.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!