Re - Marks & Spencer "per una" skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Re - Marks & Spencer "per una" skirt

Post by johnb »

Last Friday I went into Marks and Spencer mainly to get something from the food hall. As I came out of that section, I saw as rail of end of line clearance bargains. I spotted a green size 20 per una skirt, which had a according to price tag started off costing £35 (probably not for long), and had then come down in stages through the £20 mark to £6.99. I had a closer look and saw that the style was straightforward and to my liking, the pockets were suitable for man sized hands, and it had belt loops. I decided it was worth a punt, and took it to the checkout. The assistant spotted a bit of dirt brushed most of it away, and then knocked another £1 off, making it £5.99. At that price they weren't allowing any exchanges.

Back home I tried it on and found that the generous size 20 fit, was rather loose on my 38" waist. However with the addition of belt its perfectly wearable. My wife commented that a woman wouldn't have brought it, and she didn't like the colour, so maybe that says something about M&S's troubled range of womans wear. However she did agree that especially at that price it was ideal for me.

John
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Re - Marks & Spencer "per una" skirt

Post by Gregg1100 »

Good buy. I posted a pic of this skirt from M&S- it was in the sale racks, but still at £20---so most here said it was dear. It seems good material too.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Great find :!: :D
:thumright: :dance: :clap: :thumleft:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Looks great - perhaps a size 18 would have fitted better!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Also, the shoes without (noticeable) socks really complements the overall look. Fantastic!!!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I like it very much! :cheers: It looks very similar to my denim skirts and at that price it was a steal and I would have grabbed it too. :dance:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Looks nice!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

renesm1 wrote:Looks great - perhaps a size 18 would have fitted better!
An 18 would have fitted better, but that and all the other items on the rack were one off's. One can never be sure about the waist measurement of a given size. I remembered afterwards that M&S tend to use flattering sizing, i.e a normal size 20 person, can get into an 18, which makes some women feel better. I have previously emailed sellers on Ebay to check the waist measurements where just a size has been quoted. Still I'm pleased that I didn't get put off from buying it, as its fine with a belt.

Thanks for all the comments.

John
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

johnb wrote:
renesm1 wrote:Looks great - perhaps a size 18 would have fitted better!
An 18 would have fitted better, but that and all the other items on the rack were one off's. One can never be sure about the waist measurement of a given size. I remembered afterwards that M&S tend to use flattering sizing, i.e a normal size 20 person, can get into an 18, which makes some women feel better. I have previously emailed sellers on Ebay to check the waist measurements where just a size has been quoted. Still I'm pleased that I didn't get put off from buying it, as its fine with a belt.

Thanks for all the comments.

John
I agree, its sizes can be generous. Perhaps it could be taken in a little!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Not to be a dittohead, but I feel that outfit really works well, including the shoes and I almost never like men's shoes with skirts. :)
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:Not to be a dittohead, but I feel that outfit really works well, including the shoes and I almost never like men's shoes with skirts. :)
I agree on both.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

Who says skirts can't be blokey? Although sold as women's wear it certainly doesn't look feminine. Great buy at £5.99 as well! I have a 24" denim pencil skirt from BHS costing £15 and I thought that was good value...