10 skirts for $10. I'm in!!!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

10 skirts for $10. I'm in!!!

Post by Bamaskirting »

today, I was sitting around the house with nothing to do. I decided I'd go check out the goodwill store for a skirt. It turns out that they were having a 10 items for $10 sale. Soon as I was heading to the skirt rack, I seen my sister and niece. I then seen my cousin. That was a bit awkward, so I decided to go to a bigger goodwill. I'm glad I got bored!

I walked out of there with 8 skirts, a pair of jeans, and a pair of men's shorts. Actual khaki shorts that fit well above the knee. I got a Lole sport skirt, a Foerver 21 mini and pencil skirt, a long old navy skirt, a Moda international mini, a GAP denim skirt, some olive drab skirt, and a Gap long silky black skirt. The highlights for me are the denim one and the pencil skirt. I've been wanting to try both. I'm super stoked to now have a lot of skirts to choose from. And also to now have some skirts with pockets.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: 10 skirts for $10. I'm in!!!

Post by Caultron »

Sounds like quite a bargain. Enjoy!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Wow, what a deal. It must be a local deal for you as I just called my local Goodwill and no such luck.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
scooterskirt

Post by scooterskirt »

Good score, isn't Goodwill great?
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

My local Goodwill store did not have that sale either. :cry: You have great Stores in your area. :thumright:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Bamaskirting wrote:today, I was sitting around the house with nothing to do. I decided I'd go check out the goodwill store for a skirt. It turns out that they were having a 10 items for $10 sale. Soon as I was heading to the skirt rack, I seen my sister and niece. I then seen my cousin. That was a bit awkward, so I decided to go to a bigger goodwill. I'm glad I got bored!

I walked out of there with 8 skirts, a pair of jeans, and a pair of men's shorts. Actual khaki shorts that fit well above the knee. I got a Lole sport skirt, a Foerver 21 mini and pencil skirt, a long old navy skirt, a Moda international mini, a GAP denim skirt, some olive drab skirt, and a Gap long silky black skirt. The highlights for me are the denim one and the pencil skirt. I've been wanting to try both. I'm super stoked to now have a lot of skirts to choose from. And also to now have some skirts with pockets.
Without pictures, it never happened :mrgreen: you'll have to show us your collection soon :D
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

kilty wrote:Without pictures, it never happened :mrgreen: you'll have to show us your collection soon :D
Yes I agree! This site needs more selfies! If you're skirting in public, you're already being photographed and video camera'd every time you go in a store. I'm always turning around to see a smart phone aimed in my direction when skirting, so why not? Lets plaster our manly skirty glory all of the internet for the world to see! The turtle only makes progress when he sticks his neck out!

Because like it or not, if you're a public skirter, you're already all over facebook, vine, snapchat, countless picture (text) messages, etc, you just may not know it! :)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

kilty wrote:
Bamaskirting wrote:today, I was sitting around the house with nothing to do. I decided I'd go check out the goodwill store for a skirt. It turns out that they were having a 10 items for $10 sale. Soon as I was heading to the skirt rack, I seen my sister and niece. I then seen my cousin. That was a bit awkward, so I decided to go to a bigger goodwill. I'm glad I got bored!

Without pictures, it never happened :mrgreen: you'll have to show us your collection soon :D
i will have to go in my yard and take some. i find it difficult to take them in public
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes, it is like Christmas when that happens - if there is a large range available. A chance to try all sorts of things with little financial outlay.
Recently there was a charity store with $5 a bag for anything and I heard the lady explaining to a customer that she could fit more in a bag by rolling things up tightly. Unfortunately I only found 2 things of interest (2 skirts) - still good value.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia