Camouflage skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Camouflage skirt

Post by Bertino56 »

Camouflage it isn't. But it is "military" so I maybe can sneak it into this thread.
This looks like a skirt I would gladly wear. The right length, pockets, belt
loops, etc., and I like the color.
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/blue ... 0-4223-16/
However, I would not pay $123.00 (plus shipping from Japan) for it.
Also, it is shown on a slim Japanese model, so I don't know how the sizing
would fit my usual U.S. size 16-18. Nevertheless, I think it's a nice looking
skirt.
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

I've just bought this nice camo skirt from forever 21 .It's my favorite atm its very comfortable ans stretchy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

That's a great looking skirt Eight!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I have three colors of camouflage skirts. All have been shortened to above the knees and resemble shorts. I wear skirts for walking, hiking, or driving. I have gray, khaki, denim, and camo. I prefer pockets and belt loops.

I wear skirts in stores, gas stations, AND restaurants. If I am going somewhere that I will be sitting, I carry a rolled up tee shirt and bring it into restaurants and place the tee shirt on my lap similar to a napkin. I am confident that I am not exposing too much. My skirts pull up awkwardly when getting in to and out of a car. I use the door as a screen and I wear black underwear in case I show too much, therefore black is less obvious. I have never had anyone say anything about what I am wearing. They apparently don't notice. I guess "attitude is everything." Be confident and act normal (whatever that is).
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:...I wear skirts in stores, gas stations, AND restaurants. If I am going somewhere that I will be sitting, I carry a rolled up tee shirt and bring it into restaurants and place the tee shirt on my lap similar to a napkin. I am confident that I am not exposing too much. My skirts pull up awkwardly when getting in to and out of a car. I use the door as a screen and I wear black underwear in case I show too much, therefore black is less obvious. I have never had anyone say anything about what I am wearing. They apparently don't notice. I guess "attitude is everything." Be confident and act normal (whatever that is).
You got it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I too like khaki, army green or camo skirts. Sort of incongruous combinations in conventional terms (masculine colour and feminine garment) - but probably works for us in the eyes of conventional mentalities.

The camo of eightO's looks just right.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote: I am confident that I am not exposing too much. My skirts pull up awkwardly when getting in to and out of a car. I use the door as a screen and I wear black underwear in case I show too much, therefore black is less obvious. I have never had anyone say anything about what I am wearing. They apparently don't notice. I guess "attitude is everything." Be confident and act normal (whatever that is).
I do a bit of stone masonry - maybe I will calve this into stone in my spare time.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

I found this digital pattern, an interesting variation on
camouflage, in what the supplier calls a unisex skirt.
http://www.katerno.com/detail/s/716445/p/GFKILTL/
Does anybody have more information on this supplier?
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I am a hiker and nature and wildlife photographer. I have two camouflage "hiking kilts" which are wrap around skirts at just above my knees. Two dress makers/designers are ReitaBraich@cox.net, and AthenaGarments@gmail.com. Be sure to see Athena's videos. Both dress makers are excellent. I wear my skirts in public at gas stations, trails, ranger stations, restaurants, stores. When planning to eat in a restaurant I always sit on a tee shirt in my truck and bring it in with me to cover my lap and knees. I have never had any comments as no one apparently has noticed in over five years of wearing a skirt at least one day a week. I am out in national and state parks, nature preserves, and wilderness areas. When getting in and out of my truck (also camouflage), I check behind me to prevent a wardrobe malfunction and block the front view with the door. I haven't flashed anyone yet. I photograph birds and animals, plants and landscapes. I don't need to tell anyone here how comfortable wearing skirts are for hiking. Unlimited stride and ventilation, freedom, comfort. My skirts are "masculine" and resemble shorts, are not as narrow as pencil skirts, or flare too much.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bertino56 »

I'm still looking at camouflage skirts.
https://mainstreetexchangeapparel.com/p ... 9247716436
This one from Main Street Exchange has possibilities. Maybe about 2 inches longer than I would like.
I would remove the tie belt and wear it with a wide leather belt.
They also have a variety of knee-length denim skirts. They offer "modest" clothing which usually means
no frills, well-made. I don't know if these are "imported," or made in the U.S.
Has anybody ordered from Main Street Exchange?
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Camo utility kilt. It's Friday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

eightofnine wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 3:20 pm I've just bought this nice camo skirt from forever 21 .It's my favorite atm its very comfortable ans stretchy
With the tan lines just above the knees - you have been wearing something a bit longer in the hem length.
Camouflage of the skin not working. LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

r.m.anderson wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:54 am
eightofnine wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 3:20 pm I've just bought this nice camo skirt from forever 21 .It's my favorite atm its very comfortable ans stretchy
With the tan lines just above the knees - you have been wearing something a bit longer in the hem length.
Camouflage of the skin not working. LOL !
yeah true,those are cyclist tan lines
Layne

Post by Layne »

Just purchased a camo skirt from Cabelas -

I’ll let you know what I actually think of my purchase after I try it on.

Dressing/changing rooms still not open around here due to COVID restrictions; so my purchase is a gamble.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/natural ... lsrc=aw.ds
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Scan_20200522 (4).jpg
How about this one