Inspired by other people's fashions

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Inspired by other people's fashions

Post by denimini »

I love wearing my mini skirts and am always looking for indications that I am not the only man in the world wearing one, of which I have found many here at Skirt Cafe. I have probably got to the stage where I wouldn't care if I was the only man in a skirt because in all my recent mini skirt wearing in public I have not come across another man in a skirt of any kind.
It was nice to discover that there is a whole culture with a tradition of men wearing very short skirts and adapted to present materials. It is in a similar climate to where I live (and alot more people in the future) and gives me more enthusiasm with creating my own personal style to suit my requirements for comfort, aethetics, practicality and affordability (also bucking convention as a bonus). I won't need to paint my legs white and don't have the physique now to go bare chested but I might extend my colour pallet a bit more.
There are quite a few good examples in this photostream https://www.flickr.com/photos/mytripsmypics/9523302636
Including https://www.flickr.com/photos/mytripsmy ... Vm-duKR3z/
and mobile phone included https://www.flickr.com/photos/mytripsmy ... ist-djbLEU
Last edited by denimini on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Inspired by other people's fashions

Post by Judah14 »

based on the picture, it may be a malong that has been folded to become shorter.
らき☆
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

That's so cool! I taught agronomy briefly in Ethiopia, but never met anyone like that. I'm not even sure where the Omo Valley is. I was in the Rift Valley, and at an ATVET college. Everyone wore trousers there. I had skirts with me but wore them only around my quarters. The young woman who tidied my quarters and also did my laundry, by hand, giggled about them. She didnt have much English, but did giggle when she presented my clean clothing, saying "miniskirt". I just laughed with her, and adored her. The only time I was nervous was being skirted when the village guard would pop in late at night when I was preparing labs or lectures to watch the World Cup games, on the only TV channel available. (I could get a TV channel but not a data signal to use the jetpack on my laptop) and would lay his AK47 beside the chair as he watched the games. He never mentioned the skirt I wore. I guess he just figured Americans were odd folks... Once I retire, I plan to do those exchanges every year. It was fantastic, and I love the Ethiopians.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Dillon, try and get an exchange in the Lower Omo Valley - you will fit in with your mini skirts there
Here is one of mini skirts and AK47
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

denimini wrote:Dillon, try and get an exchange in the Lower Omo Valley - you will fit in with your mini skirts there
Here is one of mini skirts and AK47
That's not an AK-47. that is a SKS rifle.
らき☆
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Yep, not a Kalashnikov. Not what my protector carried. Ironically, local tribesmen were hired as " field guards". They kept wild boar the size of small horses away from the crops at night, armed only with spears. And lived in tiny straw huts in the fields. Some were just kids. More balls than I could muster...

Not sure the model of that weapon, but doesnt look like the SKS rifles you can buy here. Its closer to my 1943 M1 carbine, but not that weapon either.

I dig those skirts for sure.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Thanks, I didn't look closely as the AK is so ubiquitous that I just assumed.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Looks like a wrap skirt and patterned footless hose to me. :D

:ugeek: