Skirt exhange/buy

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Skirt exhange/buy

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote:{Also going through my 'collection' and weeding
out several 'too-small-for-me' skirts. May offer
them to Cafe' members who can use them
(for a nominal fee plus shipping ;) ). }
This is something I've given some thought to as well. Although I personally haven't "outgrown" any skirts yet, I do have a couple of "bad buys" or skirts that just didn't quite pan out the way I wanted.... Al's comment got me to thinking.... is there any real desire to start a sort of "skirt exchange", or maybe someone just has a skirt that no longer fits and would be willing to let it go "for a nominal fee plus shipping" to another cafe go-er who might like it.

I'd be interested in this if there are any takers. I have one that I just don't like, and I paid so little for it, I'd be willing to get it go just for the shipping. (I think I might have paid like $7 for it) Thought about taking it to the thrift store, but something about me just loathes the idea of my skirts returning to the domain of "women's garment".
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirt exhange/buy

Post by partlyscot »

I quite like the idea, but it's going to be mostly for people in the same country. International shipping is going to be prohibitive. I would suggest a post, first off giving the location, then pictures of the skirts, with dimensions and brief descriptions, price if any. Would the mods have any issues with this?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

partlyscot wrote:International shipping is going to be prohibitive.
Perhaps, but then again, sometimes for the right look, "money is no object". I know I've seen a few dresses that Reaper Man has that if he ever decided to part with, I'd be interested in.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

moonshadow wrote:I know I've seen a few dresses that Reaper Man has that if he ever decided to part with, I'd be interested in.
you could be in for a long wait Moon :D
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote:Thought about taking it to the thrift store, but something about me just loathes the idea of my skirts returning to the domain of "women's garment".
Yes I had a similar feeling with some skirts that I had bought but don't like or don't fit. I had thought of putting them on eBay in the catagory of "Mens Clothing - Other" or "Adult Unisex - other" just to give them a chance to keep their liberation - and increase the occurence of skirts under Mens Clothing (not much there).
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

moonshadow wrote:
partlyscot wrote:International shipping is going to be prohibitive.
Perhaps, but then again, sometimes for the right look, "money is no object". I know I've seen a few dresses that Reaper Man has that if he ever decided to part with, I'd be interested in.
Fair enough, but I think it would be best to have location as the first part of the listing, just so people can gloss over the ad of they are not looking to get into high shipping costs. Maybe if you were travelling?

e.g.

"Located in UK, trip to USA in March 2016"
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

This thread may be worth reviving.