Items on eBay

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Items on eBay

Post by denimini »

Sometimes see things on eBay that are beyond my reach, will not post OS, etc, that others may like.

Here is one that unfortunately will not post outside the UK. Lyocell is very comfy to wear and hangs well.

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/88849?arti ... le=88849-A
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Items on eBay

Post by r.m.anderson »

denimini wrote:Sometimes see things on eBay that are beyond my reach, will not post OS, etc, that others may like.

Here is one that unfortunately will not post outside the UK. Lyocell is very comfy to wear and hangs well.

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/88849?arti ... le=88849-A
Possibly may not post from the UK to AU and other countries ?
H&M has stores all over the USA and should not have any problem with an international posting from the UK to the USA
the only set back is the cost of the postage (almost like a pound for £ - LOL and not funny :blue: ).

Re: Things on ebay - yes they frequently are priced just right but then you look at the postage and it is a deal killer !
Combining things together is not an alternate solution like it is in the USA (flat rate shipping). Some sellers are intimidated
by customs forms and finding a postal unit for acceptance of the goods for shipment to a foreign country so they simply
decline to ship anywhere but local. If an item is wanted bad enough sometimes the seller can be coaxed with a monetary
surcharge for the trouble. I would think that in the UK there are FedEx or UPS facilities to assist a seller in shipping items
out of the country - but the hassle may be discouraging. If you want something bad enough check on that possibility!
I recently bought two skirts from a seller in Australia and the postage was more than the cost of the skirts Photo Img:
But I might add it was well worth it for me !

For that absolutely gotta have item it is possible for a few of our members in the UK to help a fellow out by having it sent to his
UK address and then repackaged and sent outside the country. For such efforts one would expect some sort of compensation i.e.
a nice vintage bottle of spirits and of course reimbursement for the postage charges.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Denimini
That is a nice skirt. I would try to order one if it were in my size.
I also checked the USA web site for it, they don't carry it at all.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

denimin, I did think about getting the skirt for you an forwarding it on but the postage rates are out of this world. We're talking about £30+ which would make the skirt at £7 totally uneconomic. Correction, I've just been on the Royal Mail site and the postage could be as low as £7.25. Better but still a fair amount. Sorry. :(
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote:denimin, I did think about getting the skirt for you an forwarding it on but the postage rates are out of this world. We're talking about £30+ which would make the skirt at £7 totally uneconomic. Correction, I've just been on the Royal Mail site and the postage could be as low as £7.25. Better but still a fair amount. Sorry. :(
Thanks for the kind thought. I feared as much about postage, but posted the message (which didn't cost a thing) in case someone in the UK liked the skirt.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I am a bit tempted with this item on eBay. Particularly being linen, elesticated waist and not too long - and free postage.
I like the army green, would go well with brass buttons.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Womens-S ... KzEY_RhqxA
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

denimini wrote:Not my legs
Probably not your jewel in the navel either. :twisted:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

These seem good value if there is not too much bidding. I like the look of them but several sizes smaller and less postage cost.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Utilikilt-Tan-U ... SwNRdX30H2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Utilikilt-Tan-U ... SwLnBX30Fc
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Anthony, I hate it when sellers display items and can't even be bothered to iron them. It makes you think that they don't look after the items. But $60 including postage is expensive. Also a 46in waist is much too big for me as I am a 34/36in waist.

BTW you seem to use ebay.com which I think of as the American site. Being based in the UK, as it cuts itself adrift from the rest of Europe, I use ebay.co.uk which is entirely separate.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote:Anthony, I hate it when sellers display items and can't even be bothered to iron them. It makes you think that they don't look after the items. But $60 including postage is expensive. Also a 46in waist is much too big for me as I am a 34/36in waist.

BTW you seem to use ebay.com which I think of as the American site. Being based in the UK, as it cuts itself adrift from the rest of Europe, I use ebay.co.uk which is entirely separate.
I don't mind them being unironed - it is the sellers loss as the bidding may be less. I too am a 34" waist but I liked the syle and thought there may be someone in the US, interested and of that size. The postage would put me off anyway.
I use ebay.com.au but some OS sellers come up that post to Australia, unless I filter them out.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

With respect to the various eBay sites, an auction posted on the main (US) site will show up in a localized site (as an example, the UK site) by replacing the .com part by the corrresponding .com equivalent for whoever's country. It'll just have GBP instead of US $ or AU $ instead of US $, etc. Also, if you are always logged into your respective country's eBay site, then you'll show up as being logged in, while looking at said auction.

Also, if there's something someone sees on eBay, but the seller won't ship to their country, frequently one of who lives in a country that said seller ships to will be able to either bid on the item, then forward it, or they can have the item shipped to the person who lives in the country. I've done it for a Nikon F2 camera service tech who lives in the UK.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

For any one interested in the UK.
If it was in Australia I would bid but postage would be a killer on something like that - if they would post.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201731068167 ... EBIDX%3AIT
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Nike skirt?
Just bought the same one off eBay in England!!!
Seller claims it's a US size 12 which equivalent to a U.K. size 16 and that'll it'll stretch to me with use...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Looks a nice practical skirt but alas 4cm too big in the waist and 6cm too long for me.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/262749184694?rmvSB=true