Difficulties with partners

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
KenCT

Re: Difficulties with partners

Post by KenCT »

oldsalt wrote
... at Costco. The heaviest thing I am carrying when I go in is my wallet , and by the time we leave its the lightest
:lol:

Fortunately, these trips don't happen too often!

Today the Good Wife washed a couple of my skirts without my even asking. Happy days.

Hope this finds you in good health
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Woohoo! Acceptance by the Mrs, even if it is only for a trip to the local Costco, is a great event! The first of many skirted outings with her, I hope.

You are indeed luckier than many men here, as am I. Last week Hazel and I went to an archaeological dig together, inter alia, with me in a skirt. What's more, we had her father with us. Not a peep of complaint.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
KenCT

Post by KenCT »

Good to hear that, skirtyscot!

It happens that the wife and I spent three days in and around Edinburgh this spring, enjoyed the time thoroughly. First time for us both in your lovely country, we hope to return for a longer and wider-ranging visit soon.

Didn't buy a kilt, it would be false advertising, as all my ancestry (and wife's) lies in the land of sauerkraut and beer (and more beer).

Wishing you also many more pleasant outings.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Hi Ken. You shouldn’t let lack of Scottish ancestry put you off wearing the kilt. I’m all English as far as I know, but proudly wear a kilt for Ceilidh and other special occasions. There are now plenty of tartans without family association, as well as plain or patterned varieties of kilt. In a addition, some posted a link to a French kilt maker. (I can’t copy and paste just now as I’m on my phone).

Forget accusations of cultural appropriation and enjoy the kilt for its own sake.

Regards

Steven
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

greenboots wrote:Hi Ken. You shouldn’t let lack of Scottish ancestry put you off wearing the kilt. I’m all English as far as I know, but proudly wear a kilt for Ceilidh and other special occasions. There are now plenty of tartans without family association, as well as plain or patterned varieties of kilt. In a addition, some posted a link to a French kilt maker. (I can’t copy and paste just now as I’m on my phone).

Forget accusations of cultural appropriation and enjoy the kilt for its own sake.

Regards

Steven

I will second Stevens comments, I am English through and through. Not even a hint of Scottish (or Irish) blood in my family tree. I wear kilts on a regular basis, I don't go for the traditional kilts but like the utility kilt style. I do, however, repeatedly get asked if I am Scottish when wearing a kilt. I take great delight in their confused expression when i say "no, I just like wearing skirts.." priceless :D
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

I own several kilts, and four Kilt Suits as well - there's nothing better than a traditional kilt, anyone can wear whatever tartan they want. I'm not exactly Scottish :mrgreen:
received_10214265494944331.jpeg
Here's my Tweed Kilt Suit (I was about to put my sporran on)... I do like my Contemporary kilt suits, like Ray does 8)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Hey kilty, you look rather dapper in that kilt suit. The colour suits you very well. You photograph really well and it's a shame that it's taken so long for you to show how good you look. More please. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

kilty wrote:I own several kilts, and four Kilt Suits as well - there's nothing better than a traditional kilt, anyone can wear whatever tartan they want. I'm not exactly Scottish :mrgreen:
Here's my Tweed Kilt Suit (I was about to put my sporran on)... I do like my Contemporary kilt suits, like Ray does 8)

looking good ,i like the suit .
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I would never be able to wear so much as a kilt in front of my mother. She is 75 and has dementia. Even before this set in she was always one to make fun of people. I recall once I accompanied her with my wife for dinner. I was wearing a floral pair of pants which was not common for men in this area to wear. This would have been around 1999. My mother and ex-wife made fun of me the whole time. My mother would point and laugh as my ex-wife made snide remarks. It was horrible to think that at 30 years of age I was enduring such torture.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Freedomforall wrote:It was horrible to think that at 30 years of age I was enduring such torture.
Dementia is a horribly cruel thing, and in its early phases tends to enhance one's bad points -- mean people get exponentially meaner and the careless get exponentially more careless. I went through this with my grandfather -- whom I eventually had to walk away from, and also with my late ex- who was wobbling badly in the late 2000s.

At least you got clear successfully, and you're fortunate in that. Here's hoping for clear sailing, or at least VFR.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Carl,

I greatly appreciate that. It is hard to deal with. I still try and go see her. She can't hear and can no longer write anything that is remotely coherent. On a brighter note we will be taking sailing certification lessons soon. We used to have a 19 foot Starwind and loved it. Sailing has always been our dream.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Sinned wrote:Hey kilty, you look rather dapper in that kilt suit. The colour suits you very well. You photograph really well and it's a shame that it's taken so long for you to show how good you look. More please. :D
gee, thanks :oops: :wink:
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

kilty wrote:I own several kilts, and four Kilt Suits as well - there's nothing better than a traditional kilt, anyone can wear whatever tartan they want. I'm not exactly Scottish :mrgreen:
That is sensational! What a magnificent look!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:Hey kilty, you look rather dapper in that kilt suit. The colour suits you very well. You photograph really well and it's a shame that it's taken so long for you to show how good you look. More please. :D
+1 and seconded!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Kilty,

Fabulous!, and you say you have four of them. I can only assume they cost you a packet. That brown tweed is most becoming.

From a purely selfish point of view, probably seconded by other members of he Forum here, we would all very much like to see real pics taken without a phone to your face and not in a framed mirror.

The modest outlay on a self-timed camera wouldn't hurt, I'm sure.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !