Finally went skirted to a baseball game

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Finally went skirted to a baseball game

Post by dillon »

I liked the denim one especially, but liked the length on both. The cargo skirt had primarily ornamental pockets which didn't appeal to me for just that reason, though it was a nicely cut skirt.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

[updating this old thread]
Went skirted to a Colorado Rockies game in Denver, also wearing a colorful (women's) t-shirt and finally had someone notice and come over to greet me. She was an employee and said "Hi! How are you doing? I just wanted to say I like how you're dressed." I said "Thank you. Is that because of my Red Sox hat?" She: "Yes but I like your complete outfit. I wish I could wear a skirt!" I: "Well, it's super comfortable especially in this heat." Then she motioned me to food her around a corner where another employee was (a friend) and asked if I'd mind a photo with her. I had no complaint so the friend took a photo of the two of us.

A pleasant exchange, and it is nice to get noticed.

------Henry
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Wearing skirts is getting easier with each event. I am a New Yorker and I don't know if I am ready to take on a MET game in a skirt need a little more time.
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

skirtingtheissue wrote:[updating this old thread]
Went skirted to a Colorado Rockies game in Denver, also wearing a colorful (women's) t-shirt and finally had someone notice and come over to greet me. She was an employee and said "Hi! How are you doing? I just wanted to say I like how you're dressed." I said "Thank you. Is that because of my Red Sox hat?" She: "Yes but I like your complete outfit. I wish I could wear a skirt!" I: "Well, it's super comfortable especially in this heat." Then she motioned me to food her around a corner where another employee was (a friend) and asked if I'd mind a photo with her. I had no complaint so the friend took a photo of the two of us.

A pleasant exchange, and it is nice to get noticed.

------Henry
I've read this several times and I am still trying to work out what it means. I guess this could be a typo or extremely wacky predictive text, as I've never come across 'food' used as a verb before :wink:. Maybe you shared your pop-corn or nachos with her, perhaps?

Great story BTW!
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:Wearing skirts is getting easier with each event. I am a New Yorker and I don't know if I am ready to take on a MET game in a skirt need a little more time.
If it helps, I often attend NHL hockey games in a skirt, tights, and high-heeled boots. It's the usual assortment of surprises, likes, ignores, non notices, and 0.01% frowns. No negativity.

It might also help to remember that people wear all kinds of unusual outfits to athletic events.
Last edited by Caultron on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Stevie I really am of the opinion that "food" was supposed to be "follow". The story make sense if that is correct. Other wise I am thinking :?: :?: :?: :?:
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Caultron wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:Wearing skirts is getting easier with each event. I am a New Yorker and I don't know if I am ready to take on a MET game in a skirt need a little more time.
If it helps, I often attend NHL hockey games in a skirt, tights, and high-heeled boots. It's the usual assortment of surprises, likes, ignores, non notices! and 0.01% frowns. No negativity.

It might also help to remember that people wear all kinds of unusual outfits to athletic events.
I am getting up the nerve to try it in a skirt But the last thing I will ever try is a sports arena in high heels.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

You should be ok wearing a skirt at cricket Test Matches as it seems to be the in thing to wear anything outrageous at them nowadays. There are a few events that I would attend skirted such as British Touring Car events or any of the club meetings as I used to go to such events in my teens. But sadly the television coverage when available gives such a wide coverage of the races that I now stay in, grab a can or two and some slob food and have a satisfying afternoon. I have never been too concerned about personal safety but then I have probably lived a very sheltered life and have never really seen the violent side of life.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

hoborob wrote:Stevie I really am of the opinion that "food" was supposed to be "follow". The story make sense if that is correct...
Yes, you are right. She motioned me to follow her. I usually proofread, but...
We'll, we'll, we'll, if it isn't autocorrect.
-----Henry
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I was looking over some old posts and found this one from July of last year . This was about 2 weeks after I joined the cafe.

The New York Mets had as a rallying cry "You Got To Believe"

I still don"t believe I did it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Have been skirted numerous times to baseball games since the last post, in several ballparks. Usually wearing one of two Red Sox skirts I have.

Last night, went to see the Miami Marlins. No reactions whatsoever, at least I didn't notice any (typical). Tonight I saw the Braves beat the Cubs in Atlanta and the following ensued:

A SunTrust Park employee approached me and asked "What is that?" I said What? He didn't point to my skirt but looked down at it and asked "What do you call THAT?" I said "That? That's my Red Sox skirt. My daughter made it for me out of two XXL T-shirts. You know, the Team Store should sell skirts; they might sell a lot of 'em!" He then changed the subject and we chatted about the park and that I was on a stadium tour trip.

It was as if the fellow had never seen a skirt before.

No other comments about the skirt -- only a few shouts of recognition and high fives from other random Red Sox fans in attendance.

For any organ fans out there: I had a nice chat with Braves organist Matthew Kaminski!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirtingtheissue wrote:...No reactions whatsoever, at least I didn't notice any (typical)...
You can wear anything anywhere. The only hard part is believing it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

STEVIE wrote: I doubt that in the UK there are any really big sporting occasions where a guy in a skirt would happily and safely go.
Steve, I went to Leman's 24 race last year wearing heels and a skirt. Low 3" and 2" sandals most of the time. It was really hot for most of the French there, I think some guys and gals were wishing they had a skirt on as well. Being from Texas it was just cool, but not hot. 30°C is not hot!
I didn't get to go last week back to Lemans but am planning to get to the WEC race at Silverstone on the 19th of August. I plan on wearing a skirt and heels, maybe my new pair of 4" sandals if the weather is nice. Should I be worried?
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Mark, no, you will have no problem at all. I haven't been to Silverstone for 20 years or more so things may have changed/improved but there may be some walking across grass from where you park your car so although you may enjoy wearing heels take some flats just in case. As for the spectators then no, you won't have any issues. Sporting events in the UK attract all sorts of outlandish attire so you won't stand out. You may see an odd kilt or two but doubt if you'll see another man in a skirt.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

I went to Silverstone the other day (for an electric car show), I don't think you will have any problems in a skirt.
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews