Having problem to get out in public

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Having problem to get out in public

Post by partlyscot »

hairy wrote:partlyscot, I don't mind my legs looking slim because they really annoy the wife and daughter as mine are best. I do go pedal cycling a bit and with all the gardening I do I have good muscle tone. My legs do look good in a skirt as the wife tells me, but to me going public they are a bit fem.
Generally speaking I have no problem with my body shape or looks.
LOL! Yeah my partner gets quite annoyed by that! I think, that you may be suffering from a similar effect that bothers me.

I look at an outfit, and "I" think it looks good, but it still,.... looks startling. I ask myself why? Mostly, in my opinion, some aspects are associated, with femininity. For me, I'll go with it, up to a point, as long as it's only, an association. That is, it isn't exaggerating, or looks like it's trying to exaggerate, a female body type. No dresses that are designed to enhance a bustline, no skirts that exaggerate hip to waist ratio, that kind of thing. Mini skirts, at least straight ones, look OK to me, but I accept that it is associated with femininity. Today, I'm doing some work at a location that I won't be going back to. I have a short, but not mini skirt with me, I have the option of changing into it, we'll see if my nerve deserts me!
JoeBro

Post by JoeBro »

When I first went kilted I went to Irish restaurants. Then it was around the house doing yardwork. Somewhere someone wrote to go places where no one knows you first. As you get more comfortable in one whatever anxieties you may have will work themselves out. With as comfortable as the kilts are driving there are few places I do not wear a kilt. I have found that if the dealings are with women they tend to be more acceptable and cooperative when I'm in a kilt than a guy. This usually dictates when the kilts are worn.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

As you might see, I've soon got over this little problem and have been out skirted quite a lot, I no longer worry about what my legs look like. I'm happy to walk around towns and parks with my wife and daughter while wearing my mini skirts and a T shirt.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

My courage to wear out can wax and wain. I'm nearly always in a skirt at home before and after work and don't have a problem going downstairs in my apartment building to pick up my papers in the morning or drop waste in the bins in the evenings. For a long time I also wore to the laundromat down the block. Then all of a sudden, in June, my courage for wearing out there went away. But I'm happy to say it came back and my last two visits have been while wearing a skirt. Most recently, this evening.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

I do have a different problem now, be it not a real problem and if it is it's a good problem. Recently my daughter has actually WANTED to come out with me and the wife, something strange in itself. She has also been fine about my wearing a skirt and has helped me place an order or two online, but that comes with a price in that I end up buying her some clothes too. For what must be the first time ever we have been choosing stuff together, and its good. I am same size as her so I've told her she is not to go raiding dads wardrobe. Its all been good stuff and fun too.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hairy wrote:I do have a different problem now, be it not a real problem and if it is it's a good problem. Recently my daughter has actually WANTED to come out with me and the wife, something strange in itself. She has also been fine about my wearing a skirt and has helped me place an order or two online, but that comes with a price in that I end up buying her some clothes too. For what must be the first time ever we have been choosing stuff together, and its good. I am same size as her so I've told her she is not to go raiding dads wardrobe. Its all been good stuff and fun too.
Sounds like fun! Enjoy!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

hairy wrote:I do have a different problem now, be it not a real problem and if it is it's a good problem.
It is a change to hear someone with a good problem. A small price to pay for the great fun sharing that interest.
You are very lucky having your wife and daughter going out with you, I imagine it must be great support to going public.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Good for her, Hairy! More power to ya both! Go for it!

(One drunk edit for atrocious spelling)
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...