Skirting the issue at work.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirting the issue at work.

Post by dillon »

I love the Scots, God bless 'em, and have Scots/Irish in my bloodline, but they have no copyright on unbifurcated fashion. So wear what pleases you and revel in it!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirting the issue at work.

Post by skirtingtoday »

Dillon,
We certainly don't have any copyright to a kilt - after all kilt-like garments have been around since Eyptian times! Even tartan isn't Scottish !
The "modern" kilt was actually produced by an Englishman as a more work-friendly garment than a "great kilt".
The word also comes from a verb - to "kilt" - a Scots word meaning to gather in vertical pleats.

Partlyscot
Re pacemakers, I have had one for over 9 years and the battery is getting quite low now and needs to be replaced. This will be happening on 10th September when I go under the knife. Just wondering whether to take a skirt to the hospital for relaxing there- Think I will only be in for observation for a day or so so I might not.
When I have had checkups recently (every 3 months for the past year but yearly before that), it has been skirted and there has been no comment at all. Just a quick "Yup! That-is-a-skirt" look, and on with the checkup.

Great to hear your update on skirts at work and the non-issues with it - and also about other men trying kilts and even skirts. Sound like you may have started a trend - hope it keeps up!

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels