Skort, not the best choice

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skort, not the best choice

Post by Gordon »

To me a skort is not a skirt. Just like I see pictures of men on the web wearing a skirt with jeans or pants on underneath. What is the point?
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Gordon wrote:To me a skort is not a skirt. Just like I see pictures of men on the web wearing a skirt with jeans or pants on underneath. What is the point?
My Skort experience was no good so I no longer have it, I prefer a skirt, what I wear under it will depend on what's happening that day and the weather.

:ugeek:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

And yet I love my skort - comfortable, easy to don and no need to worry about underwear. The skirt part is miniskirt short. If I come across any more in charity shops then I would definitely buy.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

I've looked at skorts in shops and they are not for me. Might as well just wear a pair of shorts. A skirt is all about freedom, I don't want to be all tied up in material on a hot day.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I could never see the sense in skorts. Recently I bought one by mistake, I thought it was a mini skirt with a rear zip and front tie straps, which alone seemed to defy logic as the tighter one pulls the ties the greater stress on parting the zip. Anyway at a dollar it seemed good fun and when I tried it on at home it was a good fit. I washed it and hung it up and it was not until I took it down that I noticed something strange, another layer, oh no it is a skort. Very embarassed, even twisting the skirt 90 degrees to do the rear zip, I hadn't noticed. :oops:
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Somehow wearing skorts just seems like selling out. Men in skirts wear skirts, not shorts.

I, too, have bought a few by mistake. I get home, try them on, notice the extra fabric down the middle, and go eck.

If you're gonna do it, do it, no cheating.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Either you love 'em or you hate 'em ....
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote:Either you love 'em or you hate 'em ....
Who loves them????
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Yas don't have to love'em - just simply wear the skort if that is your fancy fantasy whatever !
If you no like then why bother to endure the savage slings and pains of outrageous fortune
dwelling on the thought of what skorts are going to do your posts here at this open forum !

That being noted I have less than a dozen of them with various designs colors pleats and
types of compression briefs boy shorts under panties.
As opposed to skirts or kilts the skort is or can be an all in one garment.

I wear them with full appreciation that everything about them is legal with no exposed pieces and parts.
The skort raises as many eyebrows as a skirt be it a mini or thigh length - never wear a skirt at knee length !

Weather does play a minor factor in the comfort of what I wear - once acclimated to the seasons
fashion can play a back seat but not doing something stupid - bare legs in wind-chill factored environment !

Folks it is just clothing - or would you prefer to take a visit to the Garden of Eden for a refresher course ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

What about skirt-leggings where the part above the waist is extra long so you can fold it back down like a mini skirt. I guess it makes sense in offering some modesty with tight fitting leggings.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Actually denimin, my skort has such a panel and I have wondered what it's for. It can't be for a modesty panel as it's length is only part of the length of the skirt. Since the skirt is slightly loose around the waist, in typically adaptable fashion, I fold it inside inside any underwear I am wearing so as to keep the skort from going south. And who loves it - I do. Here's a photo of me wearing it with a white shirt. I think you can tell that the top of the skirt is tucked into something. And yes, I have been out and about wearing it as short as it is.
Resort 18 red small.JPG
Skort

I have my hands behind my back and because my skin is a very similar colour to the brick background it looks as if I am literally armless. Oh well. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:rofl:
Sinned wrote:
Resort 18 red small.JPG
Skort
I have my hands behind my back and because my skin is a very similar colour to the brick background it looks as if I am literally armless. Oh well. :lol:
(H)armless you say you sure don't look (H)armless to me!! :rofl:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Sinned if you took off the tights would you be legless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I'm not quite sure what the point is. :?: Why not wear either a skirt, or just plain shorts?
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Because pretty much all of us wear underwear under out skirts and with my skort, at least, I don't have to put any underwear on - the underwear is already there. Skirt + underwear or skirt/underwear combined the nett effect is the same. I don't see what the problem is. Maybe if the skort had long proper shorts inbuilt them I could see your reasoning but it's not that situation. I'll lay the skort out on the bed with the front of the skirt folded up and take a photo to post and you may see what I mean.