Skort, not the best choice

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skort, not the best choice

Post by partlyscot »

I have bought about half a dozen skorts, mostly by accident in the thrift stores, whereupon I cut out the short section and wore them as a skirt. I have kept a couple in original condition, they have a somewhat looser under short, and feel acceptably comfortable as underwear. I Don't wear them often though, I much prefer to wash them after one wearing, in the same way I would change my underwear daily. That's the downside of skorts in my mind, they only really make sense if you treat them as an all in one, and you need more of them to wear them everyday.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

since this thread is about skorts, I will toss in my two cents.
I own two skorts and a multitude of skirts. One is a full on skirt and the other one just has a front apron like a kilt but ties on the left.
Both would seem like good candidates for any activity that might have modesty, exposure issues.
Very practical. I presently don't skirt or skort in public, traditional kilts phase now.
When men in skirts becomes a socital non issue I will probably wear skorts. A skort is only a skort to the wearer to everyone else its a skirt unless they see the undersides of it. I figure if I'm gonna be labled as astrange duck for wearing a skirt, I figure I really want to wear a skirt then, after all thery are more comfortable anyway. And this is the skirt cafe not skort cafe :)

On a mischevious note, I do want to wear the one skort that looks like shorts in the rear on a walking trail or hike where people will pass you By one time.
I figure it will mess with peoples minds. If they notice the skirt at all, or think they saw a skirt, they will pass by, turn to look, or point me out to there friends. See the shorts, and then " think they are going nuts seeing things ;)

Mishawaka
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

mishawakaskirt wrote: On a mischevious note, I do want to wear the one skort that looks like shorts in the rear on a walking trail or hike where people will pass you By one time.
I figure it will mess with peoples minds. If they notice the skirt at all, or think they saw a skirt, they will pass by, turn to look, or point me out to there friends. See the shorts, and then " think they are going nuts seeing things ;)

Mishawaka
Kind of like when I wear a tie sometimes instead of women's blouses I frequently wear. Or looking like a woman while talking with a deep masculine voice. Yes, it's fun to mess with people's minds. :D

John
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I have a couple that I bought my mistake, and I've worn them, but they still seem half-hearted and somewhat like cheating. Neither, however, is completely bifurcated. They just have a bifurcated liner.

But even so, they are different from the experience of wearing underware and a skirt.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Caultron wrote:I have a couple that I bought my mistake, and I've worn them, but they still seem half-hearted and somewhat like cheating. Neither, however, is completely bifurcated. They just have a bifurcated liner.

But even so, they are different from the experience of wearing underware and a skirt.
I also bought a couple by mistake at the thrift store. One I took a scissors to and it is now quite comfortable. A bit short so I have to watch myself in public, but looks fine in my eyes. I'll probably "repair" the other one also.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I used to wear skorts a few years ago, but not for very long since I didn't find them all that comfortable compared to skirts. Haven't worn them since.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
whorton

Post by whorton »

Granted, this is an old thread. . . BUT

It is interesting to see the number of people who seem put off that they have shorts under the skirt . . But I recently noticed under a thread called, loosely, what to wear under your skirt, several people noting that they wear shorts Under a skirt. Raising the question,

What's the difference?

Personally, I like skorts and have several pair. Most in Khaki for casual wear, and a few in quick drying synthetics (usually black) for exercise. I've yet to see a head even turn when wearing them to the bookstore sans hose or tights.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

The difference is do you want to wear a skirt or do you want to just look like you are wearing a skirt
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:The difference is do you want to wear a skirt or do you want to just look like you are wearing a skirt
I have not tried Skorts and probably will not. :P
I wear skirts because I like the comfort of not having a crotch seam cutting into my dangling bits. :?
If that is of no concern to you then wear what you like, I will not judge anyone for what they wear. I wear what I like and you wear what you like and we shall both agree to be comfortable with ourselves. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

oldsalt, from the one I have - basically knickers and a miniskirt sewn into a common waistband then it's no different really from wearing a miniskirt and underwear. It's just that they're all in one. Don't sneer at them until you've tried them I will note that they're not for everyone but I bet they'd be good for hiking or running. I'll try and take a couple of photos sometime over this weekend. And as a garment it's soooooooo comfortable.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

I bought on Skort and decided I prefer to be able to adjust my underwear and skit independent of each other so the skort was eventually recycled earlier than it would of been otherwise.

:ugeek:
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:The difference is do you want to wear a skirt or do you want to just look like you are wearing a skirt
I have not tried Skorts and probably will not. :P
I wear skirts because I like the comfort of not having a crotch seam cutting into my dangling bits. :?
If that is of no concern to you then wear what you like, I will not judge anyone for what they wear. I wear what I like and you wear what you like and we shall both agree to be comfortable with ourselves. :lol:
Skorts can have two types of under lining - one with a boy short type compression panty and the other with a speedo type brief with minimal concealment but the
best support for the boys keeping them away from see-saw crotch seams.

Skorts can be worn with abandon. All the usual norms of squatting to bend over and careful about over reaching things on a top shelf do not reveal an under lining.

The exterior can be a simple flat panel skirt; or knife/box pleated all around or like a kilt with frontal apron.

Presently on ebay there are some 49K listings for skorts.

The materials can be cotton; polyester; denim and a host of other mixed bag fabrics styles.
As for colors the rainbow is never ending - blacks and dark colors are favored over whites and pastels hiding interior linings (VPL).

The prices are on average the same as a skirt so buy it for a skirt and cut out the lining if you like it.
You NO like well I am not bending your elbow to buy or wear it.
Sizing will be the same as fitting into a skirt except the limitation of pulling up higher on the waist (the stovepipe restriction).

Skorts will raise just as much an eyebrow as skirts especially those with a lacy delicate fashionable feminine touch !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

My "main" Skorts are both "running skirts." Great as athletic wear. Without the sewn-in shorts/panties/whatever, I'd be worried about revealing something best left out of sight. Additionally, the whole combo is made of a material which wicks moisture away from the body. For "unlined" wear I prefer something 1.5-2" longer than my fingertips can reach when standing with arms at my side.

I have a denim skort on the short side with cargo pockets and hip pockets that actually contain my wallet completely. :) Handy when I want to dash out for something or to do something without my bag.

The last shorts I got from those marketed towards men were too long and too heavy. Even a pair of swim trunks Judy gave me were heavy, likely to keep anything from showing when wet.

Oh well.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

The only skorts that I have seen are the ones with shorts under them. in which case you would be wearing underwear in addition to the skort. . If you say their are skorts similar to a bathing suit where you can eliminate the underwear , they might make sense . I will take a look
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

Sinned wrote:oldsalt, from the one I have - basically knickers and a miniskirt sewn into a common waistband then it's no different really from wearing a miniskirt and underwear. It's just that they're all in one. Don't sneer at them until you've tried them I will note that they're not for everyone but I bet they'd be good for hiking or running. I'll try and take a couple of photos sometime over this weekend. And as a garment it's soooooooo comfortable.
I just got my first skorts. 3 of the brand Athleta Whatever style with an 18 inch length. I got them in 3 differnt colors from ebay. While I previosly had doubts and reservations about wearing a skort, i can honestly say that I have a new favorite. I also took one of them and cut the shorts out of it. Just to see if the feeling was significantly different. To my surprise, it wasn't.

Personally, when wearing a skirt, especially shorter lengths (16in or shorter), I try to pay particular attention to which underwear I have on. Reason being , an upskirt sighting is almost certain due to short length. With a skort , i don't give it a second thought.

Dont misunderstand me, i will still wear my skirts and kilts, but the skorts serve a unique purpose. Especially whilst washing the car and bending over to detail the tires.

Your view and experience may vary, but its working for me.
RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted