oz kilts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: oz kilts

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

webboy42 wrote:They must be doing alright if they're still running after almost 6 years (since the first mention on here). I am considering one of their kilts for my first skirt, but I hesitate because it sounds like a lot of work to properly care for a kilt.
I'm picking it's a sideline business.
His kilts look like they're good quality, the biggest thing you have to do with a utility kilt is iron the pleats to keep it looking good, if you can do that you've got looking after it licked.
webboy42

Post by webboy42 »

6ft3Aussie wrote:His kilts look like they're good quality, the biggest thing you have to do with a utility kilt is iron the pleats to keep it looking good, if you can do that you've got looking after it licked.
What is this "ironing" you speak of? :P Seriously though, I can't remember the last time I saw an iron, let alone used one. I currently wear clothes that don't need ironing.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I vowed never to buy clothes that needed ironing but last year bought the first iron in my life because I bought a skirt with pleats. "They are electric now and don't need kerosine!" I have yet to get around to using it.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
ozkilts

Post by ozkilts »

Hi everyone :)

Eden from OZKILTS here!

Just came across this older thread and wanted to clarify on this thread that yes, OZKILTS is here to stay, and I am the current owner. The previous owner let the name run out a very long time ago, and stopped running the business for quite some time.

I have now since taken over full ownership of the brand, and gone through a long arduous process to become a fully registered trademark.

As for the question regarding maintenance, while I cannot speak for others, our kilts are fairly simple, just pop them in the wash on cold, then hang or lay flat to dry. I personally like to lay them out and flatten them down when wet (to remove any creases and preserve shape, and then hang dry). We sell some pretty great Kilt Hangers for this purpose too :)

If you have any questions let me know happy to help. I have also heard good things about Stillwater, but have yet to try them out :)
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Well, welcome to "the club". It's good to see interaction between sellers and buyers.