Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by STEVIE »

Hi SS
I was spotted in Aberdeen by Dotty a few years ago.
I don't actually know if that was a first.
Steve.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

I see one regularly at folk festivals and dances.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I do believe that you blokes in "Jolly Ole' England" are more likely to run into each other than those of us in the "Good Ole' USA" since the country is a lot smaller and many of you actually live with in 100 miles of each other. Here in the states we end up living about a 1000 miles away from each other. Some times being smaller has it's advantages! :lol:
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Dottie

Post by Dottie »

STEVIE wrote:Hi SS
I was spotted in Aberdeen by Dotty a few years ago.
I don't actually know if that was a first.
Steve.
Ahh yes I remember that, I was unable to stop at the time due to the traffic.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

IMG_20190204_205749_216.JPG
A relaxed chap filling his car ,but his skirt is a little on the short side .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Fred in Skirts wrote:I do believe that you blokes in "Jolly Ole' England" are more likely to run into each other than those of us in the "Good Ole' USA" since the country is a lot smaller and many of you actually live with in 100 miles of each other. Here in the states we end up living about a 1000 miles away from each other. Some times being smaller has it's advantages! :lol:
Fred
Err, Aberdeen isn’t in England... :-)

Map time? ;-)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Knickson wrote:A relaxed chap filling his car ,but his skirt is a little on the short side .
That's a prime candidate for the People of Wal Mart!

He's hardly an exemplar for getting skirts accepted on guys. I'd say much more of a debit than an asset.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Fred, you may be right but over her 100 miles if far enough to be discouraging. The roads often aren't great and can be overcrowded and slow particularly near and in large conurbations such as Leeds or Manchester. Road works, common during the summer, act as another deterrent. Going from York to Aberdeen is well within your 1000 miles at 344 miles and I have travelled it when my son was based at Lossiemouth, which is just a tad further on, but it took a hell of a long time. Depending on conditions it's between a 6 and 7 hour journey. A lot of the road is single carriageway as I remember it. Lands End to John O'Groats, considered from one end of this island to the other, is a mere 582 miles by road! And lots of people have walked it for charity.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:Fred, you may be right but over her 100 miles if far enough to be discouraging. The roads often aren't great and can be overcrowded and slow particularly near and in large conurbations such as Leeds or Manchester. Road works, common during the summer, act as another deterrent. Going from York to Aberdeen is well within your 1000 miles at 344 miles and I have travelled it when my son was based at Lossiemouth, which is just a tad further on, but it took a hell of a long time. Depending on conditions it's between a 6 and 7 hour journey. A lot of the road is single carriageway as I remember it. Lands End to John O'Groats, considered from one end of this island to the other, is a mere 582 miles by road! And lots of people have walked it for charity.
Dennis I find it hard to believe that the road ways are not wide enough for two way traffic in this day and time. Do the people not want to allow widening of the roads? We have very few such roads here and they are basically farm roads and are not paved so that cattle and other farm animals can walk on them.
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Dennis, I did a quick check. 837 miles from Lands End to John O’Groats. About 475 of these miles are in England. The rest are of course in a different country ;-)
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Ah, Fred, you misunderstand.
Wide enough for only one vehicle: single track road.
One undivided strip of tarmac, irrespective of width: single carriageway (usually two lanes, i.e. a normal road; some have four lanes, but they are rare.)
Separate strips of tarmac for each direction, with a crash barrier down the middle: dual carriageway.
Dual carriageway with extra restrictions: motorway.

Single track roads are only found in the countryside, serving farms, and across large parts of the Highlands of Scotland, where there are still long stretches of main road which are single track.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks SS, the common language problem again with us being separated by a big puddle.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:
Knickson wrote:A relaxed chap filling his car ,but his skirt is a little on the short side .

He's hardly an exemplar for getting skirts accepted on guys. I'd say much more of a debit than an asset.
I think that might actually be illegal here. No seriously! In Tennessee it's illegal to expose your buttocks in public.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:
crfriend wrote:

I think that might actually be illegal here. No seriously! In Tennessee it's illegal to expose your buttocks in public.
I will trust the veracity of that claim to anyone named "Moon." :lol:
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Knickson wrote:
IMG_20190204_205749_216.JPG
A relaxed chap filling his car ,but his skirt is a little on the short side .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...