Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Grok »

skirtingtoday wrote:Last night I was out playing bridge, (wearing my Skirtcraft skirt - happily accepted by the other players) and just before i entered the hall happened to glance up the road and noted a couple walking away from me. She was wearing tousers and he seemed to be wearing a skirt-like garment - probable a grey utilitikilt. :D
I noticed that Union Kilts offers a grey "hill walkers" kilt.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Regular Guy wrote:I saw a young man in 20s-30s this morning out for his morning run wearing a running skirt. He had stopped for a moment to adjust his earbuds, and I saw him putting his phone in the rear zippered pocket at the waist. That, and the fact it was unbifrucated made it clear it was a running skirt. Now THATs Progress.

I've gone running in a skirt loads of times. Does that mean I am progress personified? It's not actually a running skirt and I don't wear earbuds, if that makes a difference!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I was walking down Wells High street this morning, skirt-counting as usual. I'd just moved on to the second set of five fingers (yes, there were that few skirts) when I saw a man in a camouflage miniskirt. He went into a charity shop, but if he'd kept walking - we were going in the same direction - I was contemplating chatting to him.
While I only saw one man wearing a skirt, everyone else in the street saw two men wearing skirts :D Well, I was wearing a denim Union kilt.
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

Walking through Horsham yesterday I noticed a tall thin man, in a beige mini skirt. The skirt was plain straight forward design and he looked quite good in it.

John
Derek Plattis
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Derek Plattis »

Spotted a Skateboarder in Brighton North Laines on 25/8/17. He was wearing a denim look blue cotton dress, about knee length and buttons up the front. He looked great and attracted no special attention (except from me), at all.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings at the mall

Post by Grok »

I was having lunch in a food court when a young man walked past me wearing some sort of jeans skirt/denim skirt. About knee length. I got just a glimpse of him when I looked up from my meal.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Was leaving our new church at the weekend, there was 4 blokes, 3 quite Polynesian looking and one more European looking wearing skirts, more like sarongs or lavalavas. It was actually my wife who saw them first and mentioned it to me..

I saw another bloke there the week before I think, dressed in a similar, tailored looking lavalava/skirt and an every day men's shirt.

Given that I've now seen at least 5 skirted blokes there, I'd say they are very accepting as a group.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

This morning in the Oldfield Park area of Bath I drove past a man wearing a smart dark red mid-thigh-length skirt. He was dark-skinned and had African features, so I wondered if it might have been part of an ethnic costume; but the top half was a smart black business suit and he was carrying a brief case and an umbrella. The skirt didn't seem to attract any attention, but a briefcase and umbrella definitely looked out of place in Oldfield Park.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

pelmut wrote:This morning in the Oldfield Park area of Bath I drove past a man wearing a smart dark red mid-thigh-length skirt. He was dark-skinned and had African features, so I wondered if it might have been part of an ethnic costume; but the top half was a smart black business suit and he was carrying a brief case and an umbrella. The skirt didn't seem to attract any attention, but a briefcase and umbrella definitely looked out of place in Oldfield Park.
Too bad you didn't have a chance to talk with him. It'd be interesting to learn his story.

Like, what kind of nut case walks around with a brief case and an umbrella?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Caultron wrote:Like, what kind of nut case walks around with a brief case and an umbrella?
Somebody who has important papers to carry and who doesn't want to get wet (or pick up too much UV exposure, but that'd be more common towards the summer)?

Was he handcuffed to the case?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I would be more concerned about the "nut case" with the UZI inside a violin case.

Swords inside of umbrelly's are so passé - never bring a sword to a gun fight !

A perfect distraction for wearing a dress or skirt - brelly and brief case !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

r.m.anderson wrote:...A perfect distraction for wearing a dress or skirt - brelly and brief case !
I know. What kind of undercover agent would go out disguised in a smart dark red mid-thigh-length skirt?

Then again, just because of that, who would suspect?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Caultron wrote:Like, what kind of nut case walks around with a brief case and an umbrella?
Ummm [hesitantly raises hand] me, sometimes. Brollies can be very practical and my rather battered briefcase is an effective way of keeping bits of work and home together and available when I need them. Not sure I like the label "nutcase", wierdo might be more appropriate since I aspire to eccentricity; I'm just not wealthy enough to qualify :(

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Milfmog wrote:
Ummm [hesitantly raises hand] me, sometimes. Brollies can be very practical and my rather battered briefcase is an effective way of keeping bits of work and home together and available when I need them. Not sure I like the label "nutcase", wierdo might be more appropriate since I aspire to eccentricity; I'm just not wealthy enough to qualify.
Sorry, something didn't get across, there.

It started when pelmut wrote:
pelmut wrote:This morning in the Oldfield Park area of Bath I drove past a man wearing a smart dark red mid-thigh-length skirt. He was dark-skinned and had African features, so I wondered if it might have been part of an ethnic costume; but the top half was a smart black business suit and he was carrying a brief case and an umbrella. The skirt didn't seem to attract any attention, but a briefcase and umbrella definitely looked out of place in Oldfield Park.
which states that the guy had a skirt, a briefcase, and an umbrella, and that the elements that seemed out of place were the briefcase and the umbrella. I found that humorous and so I attempted a bit of sarcastic wit. Sorry if that didn't come across.

(I've been to Bath but not (to my knowledge) to this Oldfield Park area. But apparently (after some Googling) it's peopled largely with college students, who stereotypically don't carry briefcases and umbrellas.)
Last edited by Caultron on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

caultron
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Milfmog wrote:...since I aspire to eccentricity; I'm just not wealthy enough to qualify :( - Ian.
Well, one can always at least be tangential....more or less. :bluebounce: