Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by mishawakaskirt »

weeladdie18 wrote:I may be getting off Moon's thread. ... my secret is to push the pattern design of

my summer skirts as far as I can without my skirt pattern looking feminine.

I am deliberately trying to dress in an anchient male style

without the Male Peacock effect or the " see through " feminine effect.

My style might not be noticed by the Spotters out sighting in the "wild " .... weeladdie
weeladdie, I want to see this skirt with a 12 foot hem. Sounds spectacular.

Blending in is what I go for also. Being a peacock or fem has no appeal. I never have been a fancy dresser buying expensive labels. 20 dollar jeans vs 50 dollar jeans. I go with the store brand. I do have some designer labeled clothes, all bought at resale shops which is even better. More people notice then let on I'm Sure when we are wearing a skirt that is standard issue male colors. I think of how many times I comment to my wife about someone s hair or clothing always a fair amount of time after we are out of ear shot.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Derek Plattis
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Derek Plattis »

mishawakaskirt wrote:
Freedomforall wrote: Like was said, so liberating. I Also find it calming and
relaxing. .
Absolutely!

Derek
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Going back to the skirt which has a twelve foot hem and a nominal three foot waist....... one can project the geometrical shape
of the skirt...... With the skirt being made of cotton with a suitable length somewhere between the knees and the ankles
the only way I can describe the garment is to say it feels rather cool......The look of the skirt for male wear is controlled
by the pattern and the colours.....this is a personal thing.

I recently found this skirt when I went Skirt Hunting in a town with five charity shops. I probably looked at fifty or a hundred skirts

in my size......many were unworn....some had minor manufacturing faults ....others were not in a popular feminine colour.

This is a game of personal skill and experience ....controlled by pure luck in the stock available......weeladdie
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Few weeks back I saw a guy on a bicycle on the Minuteman bike trail in Boston wearing a red skater skirt with white polka dot over cycling leggings. I've also seen numerous cyclists in and around Downtown Boston wearing tights under shorts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

FranTastic444 wrote:Few weeks back I saw a guy on a bicycle on the Minuteman bike trail in Boston wearing a red skater skirt with white polka dot over cycling leggings. I've also seen numerous cyclists in and around Downtown Boston wearing tights under shorts.
So anything goes, eh?

Do preserve some decorum and sense of style, though, huh?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Traditionally in England in the 1930 ' s competitive cyclists performed in time trials riding on clear roads at 5 o'clock on a sunday morning.

on cooler days they wore tights ,which I thought was unusual ,and warmer vests made out of newspaper. When they became warm

and passed a marshall on a turn, they ripped off their paper vest near the marshall.......There is nothing new in cyclists

wearing tights for warmth.

It was said that the British Fleet Air Arm wore their wife's tights under their uniform when they were on early morning parade on the

airfield.

I was offered a pair of my partner's tights to wear under my trousers on cold rides to work on my motor cycle......

Perhaps a bit of history connected to recent sitings....

.Most keen cyclists I see out on the road wear black lycra tight leggings or thight shorts which look like a 1960's style of ladies draws.

What goes around ,comes around......weeladdie
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Thinking about it some more, there is a guy who narrates on one of the Duck tours in Boston who wears what looks like a leather kilt.

Though there are a lot of Lycra-clad cyclists around our neck of the woods (I count myself in that number), a lot of the guys in Downtown Boston wear Chino / cargo shorts with sheer / low number Denier pantyhose. Something like this -

Derek Plattis
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Derek Plattis »

They must shave their legs then I suppose. - Personally I'd rather stay hairy.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Saw a guy in a blue Tunic with rather interesting footwear... It was in the Daily Mail, hot on the heels (no pun intended) of the skirted buiders the day before

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... beach.html
4D2D31A100000578-5842067-image-a-26_1528943392758.jpg
This is DNCE drummer Jack Lawless :)
4D2D313800000578-5842067-image-a-17_1528940198888.jpg
Other than saying it was quirky and caught the eye (no doubt due to it's colour) the article was okay :eye:
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I met a gentleman who was mourning the loss of his wife .He reconcidered his existence by travelling through Scotland on his bicycle and sleeping
in a tent under the stars for five and a half months.

Perhaps a pilgrimage starts by reflecting one mans reflecion on life........In the U K there are men who became patron saints who travelled
from one Celtic land to another. Perhaps they were attempting to pass their chosen religion to another Clan for a better way of life.

Cornwall is interesting as the Incomers outnumber the fourth generation Cornish Locals by about 90 %.

The old Fishing and Mining has gone as the land and the sea have been raped....... Many of the incomers arrived with the work related to
Defence Airfields and Tourism.

There are many Museums and Ancient Celtic Camps.....The Heritage goes back two thousand years.

Perhaps this is a bit of a ramble but There is no reason why I rarely see another man in a Skirt.....perhaps only twice in a year. weeladdie
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

weeladdie18 wrote:There is no reason why I rarely see another man in a Skirt.....perhaps only twice in a year. weeladdie
Lucky you!
I've seen another man in a skirt once in the last five years.
Shalom
Steven
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

with the exception of bagpipers wearing kilts at parades and other functions I have never seen a man in a kilt or skirt
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I used to see one every month or two but lately the frequency seems to be dropping.

With such a sparse sample, though, that may not be statistically significant.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I've seen a few, couple of the younger lads wore kilts to work a few times after I started wearing skirts. Have seen a few customers in kilts or other single tube garments. One guy who worked there before me and wears Indian style robes or Kurta has been in a time or two. Had several conversations with men and/or their wives about wearing skirts at home. Have been asked where I got some of the skirts because they thought the style worked well for men.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I feel there is a very fine line between wearing a skirt as a " man in a skirt " and wearing clothes which make a male look feminine.
I am a wee laddie and can successfully wear knee length girls School Uniform grey or black school skirts with my male jackets .

A grey or black box pleated skirt is perhaps similar to a Utility Kilt.....manufactured as a man's skirt and not as a traditional Kilt
If I wished to appear as a cross dresser I could go the whole hog with a complete school girl uniform......

School boys have worn school girls skirts as a protest regarding a ban on wearing shorts in hot weather.
The Idea of unisex clothes never really took off regarding "men in skirts "

The idea of pleated leather skirts or Kilts for men goes back a few years.. the fashion was not entirely successful. .......weeladdie