Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
johnie

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by johnie »

I am sorry, but to me a woman wearing a Ulitikilt is not gender equality. I was told many years ago by the makers of Utilikilts, that they would not be on sale to women. Now they are, and if enough women wear kilts, then kilts will be out of bounds to men. I know it may be a long time off, and it wont be in my lifetime (II am 84) but give it some thought. I wear kilts all day, every day. Good luck guys.
john in scotland
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I see females at "The Tilted Kilt" and Kilarney's Pub all wearing mini kilts. I like them.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:I see females at "The Tilted Kilt" and Kilarney's Pub all wearing mini kilts. I like them.
I suspect what you'll find in that particular case is that they're not true kilts but rather "kilted skirts", although the specific details may be hard to spot.

The Utilikilt, which I believe is a trademark,is a garment specifically designed for men and marketed to men. That women are encroaching on it can be seen as either a friendly or hostile action by the beholder. Kilted skirts are -- traditionally (and note how much contempt there is for "convention" here) -- feminine garments. (But, dang, a kilted mini-skirt on the right woman can be downright distracting!)

In any event, I'm not going to bother worrying about it. I'll worry about the little bit of change I can champion in my small part of the world.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I saw some promos and ads for the tilted Kilt from what I saw all the male bartenders were wearing kilts. Am I right.
BorderXing

Post by BorderXing »

johnie wrote:I am sorry, but to me a woman wearing a Ulitikilt is not gender equality. I was told many years ago by the makers of Utilikilts, that they would not be on sale to women.
no one ever got respect or equality by trying to deny it to others.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

BorderXing wrote:no one ever got respect or equality by trying to deny it to others.
So true.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

I chatted with a gentleman in line at the grocery checkout who was wearing a kilt. I commented that it was a unusual looking on as it had pockets. He told me where he got it, I thanked him and I said I'd have to check it out sometime
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Wesley wrote:I chatted with a gentleman in line at the grocery checkout who was wearing a kilt. I commented that it was a unusual looking on as it had pockets. He told me where he got it, I thanked him and I said I'd have to check it out sometime
Well, don't leave us in the dark! What was it and which retailer was it from? :D
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:
Wesley wrote:I chatted with a gentleman in line at the grocery checkout who was wearing a kilt. I commented that it was a unusual looking on as it had pockets. He told me where he got it, I thanked him and I said I'd have to check it out sometime
Well, don't leave us in the dark! What was it and which retailer was it from? :D
It was a grey tartan utility kilt from UT Kilts. I like thy style, but it looked shorter than even a standard Highland kilt.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Wesley wrote:It was a grey tartan utility kilt from UT Kilts. I like thy style, but it looked shorter than even a standard Highland kilt.
Thanks. Although I have no problem with kilts generally, usually they do not figure in my style. In this case, however, I quite like the look of it :D
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

TO: Old Salt. Yes, you are right. ALL personnel at Tilted Kilt wear kilts. Bartenders, etc. Females wear mini kilts.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

To get an idea of the female mini-kilts take a browse at the SportKilt site - women - ultra mini-kilt.
You will get an eye full just as if you were checking out the Hooters site.
Tight fitting minimal clothing - minimal legal exposure - with no imagination left to the WOW factor !

For guys you must wear a legal supporting contract element to pass muster - excess parts not permitted !
Suggest tights or hosiery (of darker colors) - On hem line measurements? From a belt to something that
has no inseam (unbifurcated crotch division point).

A while back there was a TV production featuring the "Tilted Kilt" I believe it was called "Undercover Boss"
where the restaurant owner manger goes undercover to see what his help is actually doing to earn their keep.
No problem with tips here - minimum wage is livable !
The guys wear a suitable knee knocking kilt while the lassies wear perhaps a 12 inch hem length kilt with the
company tartan and instead of a sporran a pouch with the order checks - I don't remember what I ordered
but it is right in front of that mini-kilt.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Miket

Post by Miket »

On UK TV, Channel 5, 8.00 pm Friday 3rd March there was a programme "Carry on Barging"- Episode 4 - not one of the "Carry On films it states at the start. It involved 4 celebrities, Nigel Havers, Simon Cowell, Debbie McGee and Lorraine Chase spent time on two canal barges, meandering through the canals of England and Wales. This final programme had them travelling toward Llangollen . Along the way they met various people and did various activities such as abseiling down a rock face and fly-fishing.

About half way through the programme they encountered a forager, a man walking along the tow-path with a basket, foraging for food in the hedgerow. This gentleman was wearing a khaki casual utility style kilt, and walking boots. It looked really good! There were some comments from the four on the barges, but they went off with him foraging for food. Catch it if you can on My5, https://www.my5.tv/celebrity-carry-on-b ... /episode-4 , or See the listing http://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/ ... -episode-4 with a repeat on Sunday 12th March.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

I forgot to wear green, but I didn't forget to wear my skirt to work today!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mike wrote:I forgot to wear green, but I didn't forget to wear my skirt to work today!
Looking good!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron