Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Tackleberry »

Yesterday I saw a man in a skirt in Bognor Regis, UK!!!
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

At work today, nothing special, work shirt and khaki skirt. Comfy!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Mike! You forgot to get in the picture all the way. :lol:
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Poor Lucas, he tried to photobomb. :D
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Yesterday in Inkydown Wood, near Maidenhead, where we were walking the dogs, we were passed by a group of about nine walkers. Nothing unusual in that except that one of them (male) had shoulder length grey curly hair and was wearing an orange and grey cotton jersey dress that came to about 3 inches above the knee. As they passed us Carole (Mrs Milfmog) commented to me that it was an interesting outfit, then paused before describing it as sensible (it was around 28C in the shade and very humid). After a few more seconds she added "he looks good in it too".

This is real progress, she has gone from reluctant acceptance of me in a kilt to no reaction at all when I wear a skirt, even going out to formal events and now a comment that a dress was both sensible and looked good. Amazing!

There were no remarks or looks that I noticed from anyone about the Mountain Hardware "mountain kilt" I was wearing, but I am used to that. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to speak to the chap in the dress.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Milfmog wrote:This is real progress, she has gone from reluctant acceptance of me in a kilt to no reaction at all when I wear a skirt, even going out to formal events and now a comment that a dress was both sensible and looked good. Amazing!
Not just "amazing", but entirely good news as well. The formal outfit on the cruise was, in baseball terms, a grand-slam -- and the ball may not have come back to Earth yet. Methinks you're well on the way to a new life.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Last night while getting annoyed by my malfunctioning DVR, I surfed across ABC's world news tonight. About 5 minutes into the program while the talking head was standing there on the steps of one of the federal buildings saying inflammatory things about the pending health care legislation, in the background I spotted the back of one gentleman sporting a solid gray kilt and white dress shirt walking up the steps to go inside.

Times they are a changin'
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

In Bamberg, Germany, a couple of days ago, a man in a casual black kilt. Didn't get a chance to speak to him. I was skirted too, so that's two at the same time in a small German town!

Also a man in a Berlin S-Bahn station last week, but Mrs SS reckoned he was wearing harem pants so maybe that doesn't count.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Originally posted on September 9th 2016.
mishawakaskirt wrote:Mishawakaskirt here.
I just saw a man in our Fresh Thyme market in a tan Utility KILT!
I casusually pointed him out to my wife. And told her I'm not the only one :)
( hands on hips chest held High)
Did I say hello or nice kilt, no :( I'm fecal matter deposited by poultry. Sigh :( hope I see him or another kilty soon.

Mishawkaskirt
Tonight July 6th 2017.
I am 90 percent certain I saw the same man in the same tan kilt going into the same place. However we did not go into that store so alas I was unable to make contact with him.

Mishawaka
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Went hiking last Tuesday and had someone tell me, "Wow, you're the second guy I've seen in a kilt today."

I told him, "Aw shucks, I was hoping to be the first," but I never did see the other guy.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Walking down Wells High street at 9:15 am. Coming towards me was a guy wearing a tartan kllt with no sporran, so I assume he was wearing it for comfort rather than getting dressed up. I don't think he saw me, even though I was wearing a denim miniskirt and a bright red fleece. Another brief encounter, didn't get time to say anything.
By the way, I've worn that skirt a fair bit over the last few weeks, with no comments and perhaps a few looks.
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

I saw a young man in 20s-30s this morning out for his morning run wearing a running skirt. He had stopped for a moment to adjust his earbuds, and I saw him putting his phone in the rear zippered pocket at the waist. That, and the fact it was unbifrucated made it clear it was a running skirt. Now THATs Progress.
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

Apart from the fact that I wasn't in Wells yesterday, Charlie has pretty well described my typical look. I have a nondescript grey kilt that I tend to wear on an everyday basis that MOH is tolerant of. A plain sporran will get added if I need to carry my wallet/change. Long socks (kilt hose) get added in the winter to keep the temperature up.
For 'show', I have a kilt in the Cornish St Piran colours, with accessories to match, but it can be warm in our summers.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Last night I was out playing bridge, (wearing my Skirtcraft skirt - happily accepted by the other players) and just before i entered the hall happened to glance up the road and noted a couple walking away from me. She was wearing tousers and he seemed to be wearing a skirt-like garment - probable a grey utilitikilt. :D

It was in Juniper Green (a district to the west-south-west of Edinburgh). They were about 80 yards away and as I had a few minutes before the bridge started, I walked towards them but they entered their house at that point so didn't see much more than that.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Mike wrote:Poor Lucas, he tried to photobomb. :D
It's awesome that you can take your dog to work!! Is that a Schnauzer? I just hate when they have a bad temper.

Tes