Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Couya »

Her attitude to my skirts continues to soften.
That's good news, Alastair.

Martin (still enjoying the sun)
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

When you mentioned the shorter jacket I had to put together an outfit.
I agree with Rm Anderson there are times in the winter that you cant wear certain things . The jacket is very warm so I could wear it now but this morning it was 25 degrees with a wind chill in the low teens. No way could I go out even with fleece lined tights I would still freeze my butt off. On Tuesday it will be up in the 40's maybe I can wear this out then
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

I went to the company Xmas party yesterday, seeing many people I hadn't seen in a while since my pre-retirement exit. Two immediately noticed my new glasses. Neither mentioned anything else I was wearing.

To the second one I retorted "what, everyone notices my new glasses but no one notices my new pink pencil skirt?!"

That got them to look down quickly. One suggested that I need stilettos to finish the look.

What's a guy need to do to get a new skirt noticed?
Daryl...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Daryl wrote:What's a guy need to do to get a new skirt noticed?
Leave the tags on?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

They noticed, of course they did, and you know that. You were too much for them. They had no idea what to say.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:When you mentioned the shorter jacket I had to put together an outfit.
I agree with Rm Anderson there are times in the winter that you cant wear certain things . The jacket is very warm so I could wear it now but this morning it was 25 degrees with a wind chill in the low teens. No way could I go out even with fleece lined tights I would still freeze my butt off. On Tuesday it will be up in the 40's maybe I can wear this out then
At winter's worst I had normal support hose on, fleece-lined tights and fleece-lined leggings. half-slip, knee-length skirt, kilt. Above: t-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, sweater, and a hooded down jacket. Trade the kilt for an overcoat also worked.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Daryl wrote:I went to the company Xmas party yesterday, seeing many people I hadn't seen in a while since my pre-retirement exit. Two immediately noticed my new glasses. Neither mentioned anything else I was wearing.

To the second one I retorted "what, everyone notices my new glasses but no one notices my new pink pencil skirt?!"

That got them to look down quickly. One suggested that I need stilettos to finish the look.

Sounds like they were trying to unsee you :roll:
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

oldsalt1 wrote:When you mentioned the shorter jacket I had to put together an outfit.
I agree with Rm Anderson there are times in the winter that you cant wear certain things . The jacket is very warm so I could wear it now but this morning it was 25 degrees
This is perhaps my favourite outfit of yours. I think it sits well on you and I like the balance of contrast between the tan and the black. Definite thumbs up :-)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

At first glance I said what the hell - then realized he was standing in front of the oven in the background creating
a two tone tiered skirt effect.
With striped sweater underneath that leather jacket its got to be nice and warm - now get something on that head
and a white scarf you are good to go and face the elements !
I like the black and tan combination. Very Fashion Forward.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Daryl wrote:I went to the company Xmas party yesterday, seeing many people I hadn't seen in a while since my pre-retirement exit. Two immediately noticed my new glasses. Neither mentioned anything else I was wearing.

Maybe you shoulda worn heels! :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Interesting Day:

We have a cat who is an indoor only cat. We take him for a walk on a leash twice a day and he lets us know when he is ready. After his afternoon walk I remembered to go out and get my cell phone from my vehicle. Our cat saw the opportunity and bolted out the door. I called for my wife and we went out in search of our cat. He is predictable where he likes to run, which is behind a hedge in front of the house next door. My wife was wearing a raspberry colored sweat suit and I was wearing a tee shirt and an above the knee skirt. We must have been a sight running after and calling our cat. We found him and caught him within five minutes and fortunately no one saw us.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Skirtsdad like I mentioned My favorite outfit of yours is the pub outfit with the gray boots from last year. I also think the last outfit with the red coat and the brown boots was also very nice. I love the wide belt but don't you think that you should have at least put on a skirt :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Having looked at SkirtsDad's published wardrobe list, there's no point in trying to compete there!

Re: cats. We have five, of which only two ever venture into the house, but essentially all of them are 'outside' cats and they DO control the vermin. In 17years here I have only once caught sight of a rat and that was a dead one, having been slain by one of the aforementioned.

Here I am feeding the 'barn' cats, who live where we keep hay & straw and bicycles. They never venture inside the house. My little red tartan number might appeal to SkirtsDad. When I go walkies, it's with big dogs and we go minimum three miles each time......often klited.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Caultron wrote:
Daryl wrote:What's a guy need to do to get a new skirt noticed?
Leave the tags on?
Heh, or in my case put some on. (it was my own creation)
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

kilty wrote:

Sounds like they were trying to unsee you :roll:
Maybe they are now!

Actually I think Skirtyscot had it. I was too much for them. Too much in the sense they knew they couldn't compete so instead wanted to make my spectacles the topic. Yeah, that must be it.
Daryl...