Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Mike »

It's Hawaiian shirt Friday!

Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Mike,
I stand corrected. It's amazing just how closely Morgan have copied MG, certainly in the bit that appears in your photo. I like your khaki skirt outfit too, but not the heels for me.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Mike, your outfit looks smashing! Nice MGB as well. High Heel Place would be appreciative of your outfits and heels (www.hhplace.org), though you;d do well to tuck your shirt into your skirt :roll: :wink:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

kilty wrote:Mike, your outfit looks smashing! Nice MGB as well. High Heel Place would be appreciative of your outfits and heels (http://www.hhplace.org), though you;d do well to tuck your shirt into your skirt
Hawaiian shirts are almost never tucked in. They're from sunny warm Hawaii, where you need the open ventilation.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Mike wrote:It's Hawaiian shirt Friday!
BUT, are the shoes as comfy as I'm imagining? I once had a pair of boots with slightly higher than usual cuban heels. It had my foot at about that same angle, and I could walk miles in them. Just a tad more severe and I think it would have been the opposite.
Daryl...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Hawaiian shirts are more commonly known as "ALOHA SHIRTS" and are most definitely NOT TUCKED in under any circumstances !
Aloha Shirts are closer to a tunic shirt than a "T" shirt and are considered FORMAL wear on Friday in the islands !

I have destroyed modified altered adjusted messed with dress codes in the past but as for the Aloha Shirt I will not be making any overtures
to the contrary least I have to seek refuge in a Heiau to avoid retribution from the menehune and cause Madam Pele to spurt forth a spasm of lava !
You are dealing with powerful forces here like smuggling beach stones from the black and green sand beaches to use in your garden at home and
then wondering why nothing grows there or near there - reference to an Omen of Hawaiian protocol !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

kilty wrote:Mike, your outfit looks smashing! Nice MGB as well. High Heel Place would be appreciative of your outfits and heels (http://www.hhplace.org), though you;d do well to tuck your shirt into your skirt :roll: :wink:
I used to be part of hhplace but I complimented a pair of heels in the women's section and was put on probation, to uppity there, won't go back. Ever. The double standards there go against their own mission, hypocrisy runs rampant there. Not that I am bitter or anything. Lols!
Mike

Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Mike wrote:
kilty wrote:Mike, your outfit looks smashing! Nice MGB as well. High Heel Place would be appreciative of your outfits and heels (http://www.hhplace.org), though you;d do well to tuck your shirt into your skirt :roll: :wink:
I used to be part of hhplace but I complimented a pair of heels in the women's section and was put on probation, to uppity there, won't go back. Ever. The double standards there go against their own mission, hypocrisy runs rampant there. Not that I am bitter or anything. Lols!
I didn't realise they were so picky... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Kilty on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Hey how about a new blog Hawaiian shirts and mini skirts ALOHA :lol: :lol: :lol: Spent a week in Hawaii on R&R in 1968 on my bucket list to go back
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

oldsalt1 wrote:Hey how about a new blog Hawaiian shirts and mini skirts ALOHA :lol: :lol: :lol: Spent a week in Hawaii on R&R in 1968 on my bucket list to go back
Love it! But it's so hard to find a decent white skirt. Nice pic, I never knew that about Hawaiian shirts :roll:
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

In the Netherlands a sales man in the mens department told me once that if the shirt has a scalloped under side, it is intended for tucking in. Is the under side straight, is should be outside pants. Indonesia was for hundreds of years a Dutch colony so the tailors knew how to make clothing for the tropics. From the 50s I remember shops (in The Hague where the government is), specialized in clothing and other equipment for tropical conditions.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Daryl wrote:
Mike wrote:It's Hawaiian shirt Friday!
BUT, are the shoes as comfy as I'm imagining? I once had a pair of boots with slightly higher than usual cuban heels. It had my foot at about that same angle, and I could walk miles in them. Just a tad more severe and I think it would have been the opposite.
Those heels are amazingly comfortable. I'll be sad when I wear them out!
Mike

tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Love that outfit with the hawaiian shirt, and the short skirt rocks!!

Tes
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

iNTERESTING TIMES, MY BOSS AT WORK, LAST YEAR, HEARD THAT i HAD TURNED UP TO HIRE A VAN IN A LOCAL DEALERSHIP WEARING A SKIRT, (Oh damn the caps lock key!) Anyway, they had a good laugh at work about it. This weekend, he took delivery of a hiking kilt, I had told him about my elkommando hiking kilt quite a while ago and it seems I have opened his eyes (and mind) to a bit more fashion freedom. Today he was still waiting for a belt to come to wear with it but he is looking forward to a kilted dog walk.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

B&B, if that comes to pass I believe it might be the first "conversion" witnessed here at the forum. I'm working my (feeble?) mind on the matter and honestly don't recall any of us actually making a difference other than setting a good example. If that is, indeed, the case -- BRAVISSIMO! :!:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!