Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Enjoy yourself and don't spend too much time in front of the slot machines.... :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Gordon wrote:My wife and I are on vacation!

We flew to Las Vegas and rented a car and are exploring the area of southern Utah and northern Arizona...
I was just in Flagstaff Saturday. Too bad we couldn't meet up.

As to going skirted, I've never had a problem anywhere in Arizona. (But of course that's just a subset of never having had a problem anywhere.)

And as to Vegas, well, anything goes.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

My wife and I visited San Diego over the weekend. I wore skirts for the entire weekend except for Saturday when we toured the USS Midway, an aircraft carrier. There are too many steep stairways to climb up and down to be wearing skirts. My wife did wear a skirt and I was behind her each time we ascended or descended to a different deck. We shopped, went to restaurants, gas stations, and stood in line in various places while wearing skirts. I know I was the most comfortable man in the whole county.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Sounds like a nice weekend. I can understand the concern about the stairs. Question do you and your wife have matching outfits. I think that would be a great picture.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

No, we don't have matching outfits. My wife wears cutie pie feminine clothes and I wear "masculine" skirts that resemble shorts. I buy a lot of her clothes because I like to see her wearing pretty things. I just like to shop for women's clothes any way. I primarily hike in skirts, but I also like to wear them for driving long distances. I can pull them up and enjoy the benefits of air conditioning and my crotch doesn't get squished from tight fitting pants or shorts. I rarely wear long pants. We live in a resort area and everyone wears shorts. I am seeing more women and girls wearing skirts and dresses lately. Rather than envy them, I wear skirts. My wife is much prettier than I am. I am just a regular U.S. Male.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Carole and I are just back from a cruise taking in Dubrovnik, Trieste, Venice, and then down the Croatian coast to Montenegro. For the formal captain's gala dinner, I wore the outfit pictured here.

It gained loads of positive reactions from passengers and crew, which illustrates why it has become one of my all time favourite outfits for a dress up evening.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Sorry, I'm just not a picture-taker. My post would be better were it illustrated.
I have always liked lacy white short-sleeved blouses, but had difficulty working them into an acceptable ensemble. Sunday I found a very nice camisole however which made an excellent undershirt under a new blouse. The camisole is blue, so I paired it with my blue knee-length "office" skirt, nylons, and blue pumps.
Despite that being the description of a woman's outfit, it looks quite reasonable on me. My mustache removes any doubt that I hiding my sex, and my bearing and behaviour are not changed. So when I wear that outfit to work...nothing happens. I had meetings with colleagues, I met a new prospective student, all the usual affairs of a day. Unfortunately I didn't see Natasha all day - she was one who had encouraged me to find some lacy blouses and I wanted her opinion. Ah well, next time.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

ChrisM wrote:...My mustache removes any doubt that I hiding my sex, and my bearing and behaviour are not changed. So when I wear that outfit to work...nothing happens...
Amazing, isn't it?

People react much more to demeanor than deportment,
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Caultron wrote: People react much more to demeanor than deportment,
Comportment is 99% of it, in my opinion. Demeanour is part of comportment. I'm not sure what "deportment" is but I don't think getting thrown out of a country is ever helpful.

Then of course we could always talk about our "bearing", "carriage" or "posture". :lol:
Daryl...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Daryl wrote:
Caultron wrote: People react much more to demeanor than deportment,
Comportment is 99% of it, in my opinion. Demeanour is part of comportment. I'm not sure what "deportment" is but I don't think getting thrown out of a country is ever helpful.

Then of course we could always talk about our "bearing", "carriage" or "posture".
Well, now you made me go and check. And I guess deportment does mean behavior and not just choice of clothing.

Although I have heard the phrase, "Deport oneself in the nude," and in that context is seems more about how one is dressed (or not) rather than how one is behaving.

I suppose I should have said, "People react more to demeanor than dress," but I liked the way demeanor and deportment both had three syllables and began with de-. Catchy, you know. But oh well.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Caultron, no need to apologise. I feel that I have to be careful how I say what I do as well as what I say. I need to be precise in the words and language I use as well as the facts I use. I feel that our group has a large number of eddycated peeple within it just waiting to trip me up. So sometimes we use the wrong word but as long as the correction is done with humour and tact no harm should be done. We got the gist of wot you were saying even if that wasn't quite wot you sed. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Not necessarily a complete definition, but Google provides this:
deportment

noun
1. BRITISH
the way a person stands and walks, particularly as an element of etiquette.
"poise is directly concerned with good deportment"
synonyms: gait, posture, carriage, comportment, bearing, stance, way of standing, way of holding oneself, way of carrying oneself, way of bearing oneself
2. NORTH AMERICAN
a person's behaviour or manners.
"there are team rules governing deportment on and off the field"
synonyms: behaviour, conduct, performance, way of behaving, way of acting, way of conducting oneself
Interesting to see the slight differences between the British and North American usage.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

3. IRISH: Large stores where rich people shop for things they want, but don't need.

Here in S. Dublin the fancy toffs occupy a posh area, Dublin 4, popularly known as 'the Ghetto', where they live in opportments, ride the 'Dort' (Dart) and shop in 'deportment' stores.
I have a brother and his wife, childless, retired 'dinkies' both, who fall into that category.

They recently reported the safe arrival of a red cross parcel & invited us to lunch, bribing the guards so we could get our car into the ghetto. Entering their 'purrfect opportment' we felt we ought to take our shoes off....!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

It's funny, when I'm not wearing a skirt, I find myself wishing I was. Sometimes skirts aren't practical, as we all know. The only shorts I ever wear don't come from the mens department, I cannot stand how long mens shorts are. Just plain stupid.
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Mike wrote:It's funny, when I'm not wearing a skirt, I find myself wishing I was. Sometimes skirts aren't practical, as we all know. The only shorts I ever wear don't come from the mens department, I cannot stand how long mens shorts are. Just plain stupid.
Who designs this crap and why do we have to wear it ?
I for one am not buying into it.

The two stovepipe fashion does not have to be worn at the knees - but please do use some caution if
wearing the type with a 2 inch inseam less than mini-skirt fashion !

Well you don't have to put up with it - protest wear the skirt - skirt look alike - even a kilt - BUT WEAR IT !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !