Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Big and Bashful »

rivegauche wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:47 pm I have only worn trousers for a total of about 8 hours in the last two months. I only go out for food. I have not gone out in a skirt or dress because in Scotland you are not allowed to go far from home and if you do you are likely to be stopped by the Police and could even be fined. With a bot of luck things will relax in a couple of weeks.
Same for me, being a good boy here, no need to commit pant! Only committed jeans to shop and not really sure why even then, apart from a confidence knock quite some time ago now which put me off inviting questions in my own neighbourhood.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

johnb wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:30 am I went walking a couple of days ago wearing a denim skirt. I met a few different people, but no adverse reactions.

John
Very nice photo with the green hills behind...where was that picture taken?

Cheers,
Tes
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

The light effect is quite curious, one side being enlightened, the other one in the dark :D
Nice skirt. It's maybe due to the light effect, but I think it would maybe have been a little bit prettier if it has been slightly shorter (above knees).
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

tesjolts wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:51 am
johnb wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:30 am I went walking a couple of days ago wearing a denim skirt. I met a few different people, but no adverse reactions.

John
Very nice photo with the green hills behind...where was that picture taken?

Cheers,
Tes
The picture was taken on Hopesay Hill, which is not far from Craven Arms in Shropshire.

John
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Great picture, John B. Love that countryside. My kind of pocketed denim skirt, too.

Some years ago a daughter moved to Diddlebury and I had come over to visit her via Holyhead. Driving S. on the A49 my sat-nav directed me off left quite a few miles north of Craven Arms, to my surprise. Having traversed a myriad of dangerous narrow lanes and encountered large farm vehicles &c. I abandoned the Sat-nav instructions, found the A49 again and my destination was easily reached using proper roads and a ....Map!

Great neck-o'-the woods, S.Shrops/ N.Hfds. I lived between Leominster & Ludlow for a while in the 80s....Lucton, to be precise.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

rivegauche wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:47 pm I have only worn trousers for a total of about 8 hours in the last two months. I only go out for food. I have not gone out in a skirt or dress because in Scotland you are not allowed to go far from home and if you do you are likely to be stopped by the Police and could even be fined. With a bot of luck things will relax in a couple of weeks.
There's no rule against wearing a skirt to your local supermarket!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

I'm a volunteer driver for a local group that provides chicken dinners to older people and families in need. Each Saturday for the last 7 weeks I have turned up in either my plain black Tartanista value kilt or a Union Kilts charcoal grey denim cargo kilt. Last week in the latter I got several compliments, including a lady who appeared to be from Latin America.

MOH has not raised any complaints, though I do spend all working hours and several evenings a week in trousers, so I am balancing things quite well.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

The weather is getting cold now, below 20C some days, but I am persisting with mini skirts. I was walking to the post office and saw a car pulled up on the road with someone standing near it talking to the driver. As I knew both persons, I went over and joined in the conversation, at a safe distance. The lady in the car was giving out very well made cloth face masks with some lovely patterns on them. I chose one and the lady standing nearby chose a different pattern joking "so you can tell us apart".
The lady in the car said "Oh, that wouldn't be a problem, he is wearing a skirt and you are wearing pants".
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

denimini wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:04 pm I chose one and the lady standing nearby chose a different pattern joking "so you can tell us apart".
The lady in the car said "Oh, that wouldn't be a problem, he is wearing a skirt and you are wearing pants".
:rofl: :rofl: :laff:
That is the funnest thing I have heard in weeks!!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hiddenheels

Post by hiddenheels »

Been cooped up with this quarantine, but recently had a few small chances to be outside, alone.

Once, wore a denim mini-skirt, some t-shirt, brown jacket and brown shoes w/ ~2.5" chunky heels, and walked around a few blocks (~20 minutes). This was late evening, still light out, residential area, but was quite refreshing. Passed a few people. Think the denim skirt, it's very casual, looks OK with my hairy legs, so overall am quite happy in how this worked out.

For another trip, I had a few days notice and was mentally preparing for it (hey, with chances this rare, I must take full advantage). I wanted to go into a secondhand store to look around a bit, and then later in the day go to a park for a bit to just relax a bit. I thought I would wear a dark blue denim mini-skirt with black tights, a pair of black "running shoes" (but they're women's and the heel is about 2", but they look like running shoes), plus a white tshirt & black jacket. Thought the look worked great. Anyway, that was the plan. When the time came, I wasn't up to the skirt for the store, so ended up going to the store in long blue jeans plus a 4" wedge heel (I'm much more comfortable in heels than in skirts), browsed around (it was crowded!) and ended up looking through the skirts section (it wasn't planned). I noticed a mini-skirt which looked almost like a kilt, my size, in the perfect colours (black white and red, a design similar to this: https://media.istockphoto.com/vectors/s ... d956378868). I wasn't planning on buying yet another skirt, but this I couldn't resist. So bought it.
Later on in the day, when I wanted to go to the park, I was looking at the denim skirt, and the new skirt, and it wasn't even a competition. Put the new skirt on, tights, etc, got to the park. Been to the park tons of times (usually wearing heels), and it's usually nice and quiet. This time there were ~50 cars in the lot, and it was under construction meaning only one entrance was open, funneling all the people into a single entrance. Sat in the car thinking "I should be completely anxious, I usually am, but not this time, what's going on?". Sat there for a few minutes, then got out, walked down to the park, passing a bunch of people coming back to the lot, found something to sit on, and just stayed there for 45 minutes, eating a bit, playing on the phone, but mainly enjoying the sights and sounds of nature. A bunch of people walked by. I noticed a few staring a bit, but no one said a word and I didn't care. When the time came, went back to the car and drove home (changing along the way :( ). It was fun, love the skirt!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Interesting narrative, Hh, but where's the Social Distancing?' Your location might offer a clue. Nice tartan anyway. Don't blame you for your impulse buy. Let's have a pic. soon....

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Things are freeing up a bit Covid-wise. I went to a small community BBQ to day, wearing a jumper (pullover) and persisting through winter with a mini skirt. I walked up to where there were some people sitting around a fire under the street verandah of an old cafe.
A guy said to me "Aren't your legs cold?"
I replied "I'm OK if the top half of me is warm"
Others seemed to agree with the explanation.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

denimini wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:33 am Things are freeing up a bit Covid-wise. I went to a small community BBQ to day, wearing a jumper (pullover) and persisting through winter with a mini skirt. I walked up to where there were some people sitting around a fire under the street verandah of an old cafe.
A guy said to me "Aren't your legs cold?"
I replied "I'm OK if the top half of me is warm"
Others seemed to agree with the explanation.
The legs can take a great deal more temperature norms than the rest of the body.
But don't push the COLD Windchill factor to extremes - frost bite is not user friendly
and on the other extreme HOT sun burning is (not) appealing in the healing process.

But for the business as usual casual everyday stroll around town one should be able
to hack it out especially when fortified with a suitable beverage !

Until you actually try it a couple of times you don't know what you are missing and
how far you can stretch the limits of wearing the mini-skirt in otherwise weather.

As for the friends and associates you should be able to take a COLD shoulder or
a WARM send off in stride with the wearing of the mini-skirt.

Take care of where you park your keister in adverse weather - nothing quite like
being frozen to a slab of park bench or suddenly having a warm rush sitting on
a hot surface - either way a branding experience ! LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

To the local ice-cream shop this evening, skorted and socially distanced in a KN95 mask. Good mint chocolate chip!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
hiddenheels

Post by hiddenheels »

Yesterday had a chance to go back to the same park as the week prior. I debated a lot, have a great mini-skirt (looks like a bright red ladies kilt) that I really wanted to wear as it looks amazing. With black tights & shoes & jacket, and white t-shirt. But when it came to going out, I couldn't bring myself to do it, was exhausted from other stuff and I just didn't have the inner energy to overcome my fears. However, I didn't want to lose the opportunity, so I thought I would still try, but wear a much longer denim skirt, almost to my knees. It's rather tight, but stretches easily. Thought it looked a lot more conservative, so I thought I would give that a try.

Got to the park, just wanted to eat and relax a bit, but the parking lot was full, there were a LOT of people there. Sat in the car a bit, overcoming my demons. After a few minutes I didn't care any longer, got out of the car and started heading down to the park. There was a stream of people coming up, a few going down. I'm walking, minding my own business, looking at nature, quite self-conscious, and deep in thought. All of a sudden I hear an almost yell, she was LOUD... right beside me, a lady, going the other way, says "Wow, I *love* the skirt!". It took me a second to process what's going on, that she's talking about me (it's my fourth time out in a skirt - still not routine). I look at her, and she's all grins and thumbs-up. I couldn't do anything but grin at her, but before I could actually say something the moment was over, and she was already gone. It made my day for sure.

After that, nothing uneventful happened. Got to a bench, ate, read, watched nature, tried to relax. Lots of people about, nothing happened. After an hour, walked back to the car and went home.

This is the style I was going for:
https://mellysews.com/wp-content/upload ... Skirt2.jpg