Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Caultron »

ChrisM wrote:...at the beginning of term I try not to distract my students by my attire, and then I loosen up as the term goes by. This term my concern was for a new class of second years. But by the end of term I was unabashedly wearing a skirt, heels, and stockings while pacing back and forth in a lecture hall of 130 young engineers...

... I'm just a prof in skirt and heels.
Good for you.

I'm sure it varies by institution, but academia certainly has a reputation for eccentric professors and liberal customs.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Yes it does Caultron, and I am happy to exploit that freedom to the full!
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

ChrisM wrote:Yes it does Caultron, and I am happy to exploit that freedom to the full!
My workplace is the university so I've benefitted from the liberal atmosphere too. I'm old enough I am probably taken for a professor on the street a lot of the time but in personal interactions with students who know I'm not anyone who needs any deference, I've always been accepted as just another guy. Youngin's nowadays may be victims of gendered fashion limitations but they definitely are not victimisers on account of it. I feel socially comfortable even within politically conservative campus groups. Of course, "conservative" in Ontario isn't the same as "conservative" in much of the USA, I deeply suspect.
Daryl...
robert
Distinguished Member

Post by robert »

Hi ChrisM

It is so great to hear from you again. I was a reader only on the skirt café for many years, and your posts were always one of my biggest inspirations. The way you are able to do your work at a large university and wearing skirts and heels at the same time are exactly the way I want to be able to live my life when I am ready. I think it is the way that you are doing just everything you want in a skirt, and the way you are still respected by your colleagues and students. Please keep up writing about your skirting even though nothing special happens. I doubt that I am the only one who appreciate stories like that. Stories like this from you and others have helped me to push my limits further on the way to be more open. You among others here show us that it is possible.

You are right that the environment in a university and on campus is very accepting. Earlier I wrote about my three days in skirts, dresses and heels on a work related conference. It was held in a university region and I didn’t meet any problems during the days. Right before I decided to do it, I read some of your stories just to gain confidence to go through with it. I have never regretted it, and I want to thank you for that.
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Robert thank you very much for those comments. I had no idea that my remarks were meaningful. Feedback of the sort you have provided is very uplifting and appreciated.

Chris
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Just another day at the office.

Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Mike wrote:Just another day at the office...
Good look!

What was your job again? Shop manager or something like that?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Mike,

Great photo. Just the gear for crawling under that Morgan, spanner in hand....

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Yep, manage a small restoration shop.
Mike

Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Great interesting job. Looks like a squeaky clean Plus Four with twin SUs. Am I near the mark? A great bird-puller, that's for sure.

After a week's sailing a close friend took me 40 miles by motorway at well over the 'ton' to London Gatwick airport in his B.R.Green Morgan Plus Eight. A hairy ride if ever there was one!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Mike that is a great outfit. You look really sharp!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Looking great, Mike! I wouls stuggle in heels that high :shock: 8)
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Well done, Mike! You certainly do look sharp!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Well done - a great look! Love the skirt!

Heels are not for me personally though. More from a practical viewpoint as well as foot discomfort.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Kirbstone wrote:Great interesting job. Looks like a squeaky clean Plus Four with twin SUs. Am I near the mark? A great bird-puller, that's for sure.

After a week's sailing a close friend took me 40 miles by motorway at well over the 'ton' to London Gatwick airport in his B.R.Green Morgan Plus Eight. A hairy ride if ever there was one!

Tom
The car is actually a 1955 MG TF... but you're right about the SU's!
Mike