Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:I have been talking about having more of my clients see me in a skirt.
I am taking another step tomorrow.
I called my client to set up a meeting for tomorrow.
He is Irish I asked him if he ever wore a kilt. He said no but wanted to know why I asked.
I told him my son bought me a kilt I told him it wasn't a clan type kilt but just a utility kilt.
He than said those are nice why don't you wear it when you come here tomorrow so I am going to.
This is what I plan to wear what do you think
tried to match the shoes to the belt not really thrilled with socks but I have nothing that matches better
Looks good except for the socks. no socks or nylons would be better looking. Also keeping your hands in your pockets dose not help the looks of the kilt. :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Looks fine. I've got one a lot like that. I'd prefer dark brown socks.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Dan,

The outfit in question looks good :D
I would suggest wearing colored socks to match the shoes.
Normally, the kilt hose matches one of the colors in the tartan kilt.
I usually wear white or off-white kilt hose with any kilt. They usually
will neutralize any 'conflicts' in color.

Another point is if wearing a white shirt, go with white kilt hose.
Works every time :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

For the newer members of the café this is a big benefit getting help and opinions from the other members.

You guys are right the socks throw the entire outfit off I re thought it and came out with a different approach just 2 colors.

I feel more comfortable . I think it looks pretty manly what do you think
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

oldsalt1 wrote:For the newer members of the café this is a big benefit getting help and opinions from the other members.

You guys are right the socks throw the entire outfit off I re thought it and came out with a different approach just 2 colors.

I feel more comfortable . I think it looks pretty manly what do you think
Looks great! The colour block is good as well. The utility kilts are good except the narrow aprons which means you cant sit as comfortably as you would in a real kilt. For pockets, cargo skirts or combat skirts also have a rugged look as well as the advantages of a regular pencil skirt :wink:
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Looks very good, the colours go well and a good length :D .

John
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Looks great Dan :thumleft: It doesn't 'jar' the eye :!: :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Hi Oldsalt,

I think the second combination is a winner, good contrast, but simple. I think that it makes the utility kilt become much more formal in this outfit.

It's something I'd happily wear as well, as it says to me bold, masculine without being too "out there"..
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I agree that the second look is the better of the two and should be the one to go for. In the first there were far two many changes of colour.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

I like the second look much better, visually more congruent.

I hope the client meeting goes well - report back on anything that might interest us!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Another vote for the second outfit.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

pelmut wrote:the discomforts I used to endure when I wore trousers are now, thankfully, just a distant memory - something I would never wish to repeat.
Indeed. Having been raised wearing only pants, men "tune out" the discomforts by habit, but once we switch to skirts to any significant degree, we lose that habit and begin noticing the discomforts of trousers.

I still wear pants on occasion, maybe twice a month, so those memories are kept alive. My pant-wearing habits have mostly gone though. In addition to no longer automatically tuning out the discomforts, I frequently forget to zip up the fly.
Daryl...
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Daryl wrote: I still wear pants on occasion, maybe twice a month, so those memories are kept alive. My pant-wearing habits have mostly gone though. In addition to no longer automatically tuning out the discomforts, I frequently forget to zip up the fly.
Most of my skirts have the fly and pockets in the traditional placing for men. I like the pockets for my pocket knife, handkerchiefs, and keys. The fly is fairly irrelevant. Therefore the zipping habit continues, although I've never been perfect at remembering whatever I'm wearing on my lower half.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Aside from the denim skirts, all mine do up at the back.
1.jpg
I prefer the zip at the back anyway. A little chilly, so still need tights. Should warm up later though :wink:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Jim wrote:Most of my skirts have the fly and pockets in the traditional placing for men. I like the pockets for my pocket knife, handkerchiefs, and keys. The fly is fairly irrelevant. Therefore the zipping habit continues, although I've never been perfect at remembering whatever I'm wearing on my lower half.
I find that fly zippers on shirts are never long enough to be functional in a male sort of way, and that pockets are often faux or unusably shallow. But if a skirt is loose enough and has usable pockets, I will use them.

But I have to say that in some five years of skirt wearing, I've never accidentally tried to go out of a skirt fly or lift the cuffs of my trousers. So perhaps my journey needs to continue.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron