Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Daryl »

Big and Bashful wrote:iNTERESTING TIMES, MY BOSS AT WORK, LAST YEAR, HEARD THAT i HAD TURNED UP TO HIRE A VAN IN A LOCAL DEALERSHIP WEARING A SKIRT, (Oh damn the caps lock key!) Anyway, they had a good laugh at work about it. This weekend, he took delivery of a hiking kilt, I had told him about my elkommando hiking kilt quite a while ago and it seems I have opened his eyes (and mind) to a bit more fashion freedom. Today he was still waiting for a belt to come to wear with it but he is looking forward to a kilted dog walk.
Kudos, B&B. I once had the guy behind the counter at the local equipment rental shop ask seriously where I got my workman UK. He announced his intention to get one and got one of the other workers interested too (I think he was the boss). I never followed up to see if he did it though.

Maybe this is a sign. I mean, there's always the first soldier up the hill, the first lemming over the cliff, the first electron through the depletion region, or the first person to hit a wrong note, repeat it and call it jazz; but more always follow.
Daryl...
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Big and Bashful wrote:iNTERESTING TIMES, MY BOSS AT WORK, LAST YEAR, HEARD THAT i HAD TURNED UP TO HIRE A VAN IN A LOCAL DEALERSHIP WEARING A SKIRT, (Oh damn the caps lock key!) Anyway, they had a good laugh at work about it. This weekend, he took delivery of a hiking kilt, I had told him about my elkommando hiking kilt quite a while ago and it seems I have opened his eyes (and mind) to a bit more fashion freedom. Today he was still waiting for a belt to come to wear with it but he is looking forward to a kilted dog walk.
Interesting times indeed B&B. Keep up the good work!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

It is all good news.

Everyone's news this week has been quite positive. Keep it up.

I'm heading off to a ball next week. I'll drag out my kilt suit and post a picture if I can remember!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
neiljerram

Post by neiljerram »

I had a woman tell me she loved my outfit as I was leaving my work today (and pausing to watch her and others playing a very tottering Jenga).

(Just contributing that to help keep the general good vibe flowing...)
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

neiljerram wrote:I had a woman tell me she loved my outfit as I was leaving my work today (and pausing to watch her and others playing a very tottering Jenga).

(Just contributing that to help keep the general good vibe flowing...)
What did you wear?
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
neiljerram

Post by neiljerram »

renesm1 wrote:What did you wear?
This! (And thank you for asking!)
IMG_20170512_110107_edit1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

neiljerram wrote:
renesm1 wrote:What did you wear?
This! (And thank you for asking!)
IMG_20170512_110107_edit1.jpg
Great!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Generally a great look but there's just one thing that spoils it for me and that's the Jesus sandals. Now I know that there's nothing wrong with them but I just don;t like them and wouldn't be seen dead in them never mind alive. So don;t mind me - it's just a personal thing.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Sinned wrote:Generally a great look but there's just one thing that spoils it for me and that's the Jesus sandals. Now I know that there's nothing wrong with them but I just don;t like them and wouldn't be seen dead in them never mind alive. So don;t mind me - it's just a personal thing.
As Dennis said, it's a personal thing. I think the sandals look great.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Well yesterday he did it, stuck his kilt on and took his dog walkies, I am guessing for one of his 6 mile jaunts. His only regret was ordering a belt which is too heavy for hiking. I think this counts as a success! Oh, he also regrets getting a black kilt, shows all dog hairs.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
neiljerram

Post by neiljerram »

Jim wrote:
Sinned wrote:Generally a great look but there's just one thing that spoils it for me and that's the Jesus sandals. Now I know that there's nothing wrong with them but I just don;t like them and wouldn't be seen dead in them never mind alive. So don;t mind me - it's just a personal thing.
As Dennis said, it's a personal thing. I think the sandals look great.
Thanks Jim and Dennis, I appreciate your comments. I very much feel, now that the confidence and opportunity have finally caught up with my feelings, that I still have a lifetime of trying to work out what works and/or is stylish. I hope to continue making gradual progress on that.

Dennis, I think you're probably right, and actually those are not my preferred style of sandal; I prefer a lighter and more delicate style. But a couple of Sundays ago, when it seemed that spring was springing in London, I really wanted sandals for the upcoming week and so went looking in Golders Green (an area with a large Jewish population, and so with lots of shops open on Sunday). The shop had just this one style, and I tried it and was amazed how comfortable and robust it seemed - a sandal that you could mountain-walking in. So there you are - but I'd like a more attractive style too.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

neiljerram wrote:actually those are not my preferred style of sandal; I prefer a lighter and more delicate style. But a couple of Sundays ago, when it seemed that spring was springing in London, I really wanted sandals for the upcoming week and so went looking in Golders Green (an area with a large Jewish population, and so with lots of shops open on Sunday). The shop had just this one style, and I tried it and was amazed how comfortable and robust it seemed - a sandal that you could mountain-walking in. So there you are - but I'd like a more attractive style too.
The outfit looks good (I really like the skirt) but something is jarring to me and I've figured out what it is: you look autumn/winter on top and summer on bottom.

The sandals are fine as far as I'm concerned and certainly comfort and utility have more say for me than anything else. Skirts are great for hiking and a skirt like that one has enough visual weight to work with footwear that is a little heavier looking, IMO.
Daryl...
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

This was the today's clothing choice, I think it looks OK
me 0031.jpg
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mike »

Very well put together John!
Mike

Who the hell is 'society' anyway?
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Thanks Mike.