Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by skirtyscot »

The background is the Alhambra, Granada, Spain. Most of the hillside on the Albaicín has been built upon, and of course most of the viewpoints are privately owned. But the authorities have somehow seen to it that there is a public square with the uninterrupted view from one hill to the other. We wisely set off quite early, while it was cool enough to walk up the steep narrow streets without sweating bucketfuls.

Photo taken by an obliging American who said nothing about my attire.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote:The background is the Alhambra, Granada, Spain.
I thought it looked like Spain. Beautiful scenery with handsome people in frame. Pity that Mrs. SS has her eyes closed.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

A very nice photo and a great skirt for wearing out and about!
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I've been at one of our properties in Wilmington, the one we are partly reserving for family and friends, though not quite ready...and been skirted consistently. Even out to friends who had no idea. They didn't react, but who knows what they think? All I can do is hope it didn't matter to them, which is a likely bet. My wife said she didn't care what I wore anymore...not sure if that is good or bad, but I've been skirted ever since, so her misfortune, I guess. I don't seek out deep discussions of feelings.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

If you couldn't tell from her tone of voice, then I'm sure her meaning will become clear over time. Here's hoping she meant it in a good way.

What was her attitude before she said that? Haven't you frequently posted here about going out skirted with her? That suggests a fairly high level of acceptance already.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

Well...today was one of those days......

Decided to wear a lightweight summer skater miniskirt....commando....a half-slip and a t-shirt.

Ultra-light and the next best thing to nothing and with a slight, but delectable breeze. After my third stop some thunderstorms started rolling in and though short-lived they had some dangerous wind gusts. At the VA I was headed from the parking lot to the main building carrying my small 6" Totes umbrella and I noticed a lovely golden blonde lady in white headed towards the stairs I was about to descend. On the first step down Mr. Straight-line Wind Gust tried to blow my skirt up and show the young lady everything there was to see. My riposte was a slight turn of the wrist which placed the still-closed umbrella across the hemline, containing it to it's normal, though ruffling in the wind, place. At the bottom of the stairs I noticed she had stopped and waited for me to reach the bottom and had a HUGE canary-eating toothy grin on her face which was framed by billowing blonde hair. I said 'Thank You!" and we both went on our ways.

Heading back out to the car after my business was done there was a brief wind gust while crossing the street, which I countered by keeping my hands down to my sides until it had passed. Thence back to the car, while remaining on alert...though a 'Marilyn Monroe' moment might have been welcomed, briefly, since there was no one in sight as I reached the car. Stopped at Five Guys for a burger and fries and came home. Took a slow walk around the house, thinking something might turn up while in the back yard and covered by the privacy fence, but twas not to be.

Apparently some things happen only when leat expected and when the most mischief can be accomplished. :D

=============================================================================================================================================

And then there was Sunday....

I usually wear a kilt and a jacket to Sunday morning service and have been wearing a 'thrifty kilt' to Wednesday night study and have met a large number of folks from church while out and about in local stores and so on dressed more casually in skirts, skirt-suits and so on.

Started just showing up Wednesday nights and now the additional Sunday night class in a black miniskirt and polo shirt or t-shirt, with the usual black or tan medium support hose my doctors recommend. Nobody turned a hair.

Did the same thing this last Sunday morning since we've been having temperatures in the upper 90s and was invited out to lunch after the service! :shock: Holy Moly, Batman! Had some folks do that in the kilt, but this was a first.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Darryl wrote:Well...today was one of those days......

Decided to wear a lightweight summer skater miniskirt....commando....a half-slip and a t-shirt.....................
..........Apparently some things happen only when leat expected and when the most mischief can be accomplished. :D
Well, that was tempting fate ............. and sounds like it delivered.

A HUGE canary-eating toothy grin would have been a worry in your situation :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Mark as in Mark
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mark as in Mark »

Darryl wrote:Well...today was one of those days......

Decided to wear a lightweight summer skater miniskirt....commando....a half-slip and a t-shirt.....................
..........Apparently some things happen only when leat expected and when the most mischief can be accomplished. :D

It's been a while since I have posted here, but this action I find offensive and had to reply. If you want to go commando,then please wear something that you have no chance of exposing yourself. A miniskirt is not a good choice. There are many other choices to feel free and cool. If you want to expose yourself, then just wear a trench coat and go out and have fun. Most of us men that wear skirts do not want the additional image people get from this kind of thrill seeking that says the reason we wear skirts is so that we can flash an unexpected bystander. Our quest to be accepted in this world takes a huge step backward when this kind of behavior occurs. Sorry, rant over!

I am sure Marilyn had something underneath in her moment.
I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

https://www.pinterest.de/Mark_as_in_Mark/me/
https://www.instagram.com/markbryan911/
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Thanks for sharing the incident. I don't think the woman with a huge grin was offended, so why should anyone else be?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I agree with Mark . What did you gain by going commando We are all trying to make skirt wearing normal and natural. We are all looking for" proper exposure " not indecent exposure.

And Jim if she had her young daughter with her. or it was you with your granddaughter what would you say then
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

The skater mini skirt billowing in the wind is DANGER CLOSE!

The underlying white half-slip billowing in the wind is...well, too late.

And the storms blew in about 4 hours too early. Usually no problems encountered when I do this once in a blue moon.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Darryl, I agree with Mark and I thought that you had more common sense than that, but maybe not. My respect for you has just gone down a notch or two. Maybe the woman wasn't offended but there are sooooo many out there that would just for the sake of it. Plus it doesn't set a good example for those of us that are promoting skirts for men. If you want to go commando wear a long heavy material skirt that won't fly in the wind. Or go to a nudist camp. What if there was a young girl around? Seeing a hairy, naked **** is not the best thing to see any day!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

oldsalt1 wrote: And Jim if she had her young daughter with her. or it was you with your granddaughter what would you say then
"Looks comfortable. Good for him!"

I'm not a natural conformist, I guess. I understand that now it is expected for people to take offense at seeing the human body, but I really haven't figured out why. Through most of history that hasn't been the case. At nudist venues I've interacted with youngsters while both of us are unclothed; it doesn't bother them or me.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Jim what is acceptable behavior at a nudist colony is not acceptable behavior for out in a public "NON NUDIST " place

If a mother and daughter or grandfather and granddaughter were walking around in a nudist colony that's fine but it is not acceptable and in most places a crime to do it
out in the street.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I know of a place where you can walk the streets naked. My former hometown The Hague, NL, needed land to expand. That land was owned by a naturist. He sold his land to the city with the condition that the people in that part of the city were allowed to be naked in public. And the city agreed. So there is a lttle enclave in a build up area where you can be a nudist/naturist without any bother. That must be nice with the current heatwave over there.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak