Mr. Kirt, Italian skirt maker

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Mr. Kirt, Italian skirt maker

Post by Gusto10 »

Via a german forum in skirts I learned of this site:
https://mrkirt.eu/

I do think they have some wearable items, a pity that they don't go beyond L as size. Further a bit stiff in price, but comparable to Hiatus in Nimes, France.
https://www.hiatus-shop.com/en/
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mr. Kirt, Italian skirt maker

Post by Mugs-n-such »

They look very nice but I can get skirts from the thrift shop that are just as nice and for much less. Thank you very much... :)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

His first name doesn't begin with an S does it? :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

I like them, it's great to see another skirt manufacturer for guys! I liked the tartan one as it does resemble a kilt
Mr._Kirt-26_1024x1024.jpg
but as has been said already it's too expensive.

Nice to see models who aren't frowning or looking like they absolutely detest the clothes they have on
Mr._Kirt-5_1024x1024.jpg
which makes a nice change.
sitting_kirt.JPG
The last one was from their Instagram page.

When I can get a decent pencil skirt for a fraction of the price, these manufacturers will always come unstuck. The prices need to be lower. I would never spend close to £200 on a skirt,
it's bad enough traditional kilts are in that price bracket :roll:
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I would never spend LESS than £400 on a kilt. You get what you pay for...;-)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

The French one is somewhat ironic as France was essentially the genesis of trouser tyranny for men, and now seems to be joining the skirt revolution!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

moonshadow wrote:The French one is somewhat ironic as France was essentially the genesis of trouser tyranny for men, and now seems to be joining the skirt revolution!
Well, I disagree thereon, as the fashion shows in Paris have been carrying or decades the issue of men skirts. Such contrary to Milan and more recent followed n positive sense by London. Also Scandinavian shows and Amsterdam, even Berlin and Brasil carry men skirts often enough.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Ray wrote:I would never spend LESS than £400 on a kilt. You get what you pay for...;-)
You can get decent second hand kilts from reputable makers like Locharron for around £250, or even less on ebay :wink: I would NEVER bother with the Pakistani made PV tat that I've seen from £50 upwards. Kilt Suits can be bought from £850 from somewhere decent like Kilts4U 8)
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Kilty, you make a really good point - second hand kilts. That’s a great way to buy a proper kilt at a reasonable price.

As for kilt suits, I have one, but it was rather more than £850! Still the best clothing bargain I’ve had. The quality is fabulous.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Kilt hire sales is s good way to get quality kilts at a fraction of the price of a new one
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote:His first name doesn't begin with an S does it? :lol:
Certainly almost an Aptronym, although in Germany it would need to be Mr Rock. We had a fellow visiting our area testing water quality in private storages; Professor Waterman. Could it be a case of nominative determinism?
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Ray wrote:Kilty, you make a really good point - second hand kilts. That’s a great way to buy a proper kilt at a reasonable price.

As for kilt suits, I have one, but it was rather more than £850! Still the best clothing bargain I’ve had. The quality is fabulous.
You do look great in your kilt suit :wink: I bought one at KapitalKilts.com but it was "cheap" at £850 as it was ex display.

I have always wanted a kilt suit, Scotland Kilt Company have a good one in Blue tweed but it's £1200 :shock:
alltwd1.jpg
I bought a nice Hebridean Fire kilt suit from KiltStore, it was around £800, but looks great! :D
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Gregg1100 wrote:Kilt hire sales is s good way to get quality kilts at a fraction of the price of a new one
Ex hire kilts are great, Isle of Skye which is a nice tartan can be bought ex hire for £99 on ebay. Type "defunct kilt sale" in the search and there is one seller selling ex hire stock of a rival that has gone under... nice tartans are there at good quality and low price :)
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

There seems to be some interest in MIS in continental Europe. One has to wonder if, eventually, someone there will market a garment that actually gains traction.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

There are an increasing number of manufacturers of kilts/skirts for men. The main problem seems to be overcoming the inertia of men's reluctance to buy and wear them.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.