Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:soapbox:
All, I repeat ALL breasts should be allowed to see the light of day and nothing should ever be said about it. No laws should be written or passed that forbid the showing of the breast. Equality of the breasts is what I am for.
LET THERE BE BREASTS :!:

:soapbox:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Daryl wrote:
Caultron wrote:Oh, and, hmm, just to stay on topic, I don't think men shouldn't try to breastfeed even if they're wearing a skirt.
At least not without the consent of the owner of the breasts...
LOL
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Fred, point of detail. Breasts are on display all the time - it just depends on how much. You should see some of the cleavages I see in an average day. What should be freed is not the breast - it's the nipple. That relatively small ( some are undoubtedly larger than others ) and protuberant nipple and ( all shades of ) brown area surrounding it, the areola, seems to cause more consternation than is warranted. Everyone has two ( at least ) and it's hardly a shock to see them. So yes, free the nipple.

And Daryl, nice one turning the phrase around like that. There is a whole genre of people doing adult breastfeeding or adult nursing as it is also called. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. Not illegal but like our skirting, not usual.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:Fred, point of detail. Breasts are on display all the time - it just depends on how much. You should see some of the cleavages I see in an average day. What should be freed is not the breast - it's the nipple. That relatively small ( some are undoubtedly larger than others ) and protuberant nipple and ( all shades of ) brown area surrounding it, the areola, seems to cause more consternation than is warranted. Everyone has two ( at least ) and it's hardly a shock to see them. So yes, free the nipple.
I was speaking of the whole breast not just the cleavage. The whole breast consists of the nipple, the areola, and the resulting skin around them.

So yes free the nipple but also the rest of the breast!!!

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Rolando

Post by Rolando »

Last Saturday saw the start of the 6 Nations Rugby Championships with Wales v Scotland the first game. I thought I'd show my support for Wales by wearing a (novelty) Welsh flag skirt to run in, at my local parkrun on the Saturday morning.
I got a few odd looks from some of my male running group buddies, but the ladies were quite supportive. One lady runner came up to me after the run,and thanked me for wearing the skirt, because when I overtook her on the second lap, the skirt made a good 'target' for her to follow and try to keep up with me!…..seems I do still have my uses :(
One of our running ladies took a sly photo and posted it on our group Facelook page (if I'd known she was taking it, I'd have opened my jacket to make more of the skirt visible) – the pic got a few 'likes', a few 'ha has' and one 'love' and no comments. After the match I posted a comment saying that, as Wales had won (34 points to 7) my skirt must be a 'lucky' skirt, so I'll be wearing it again next week, in support of Wales, for the annual grudge match against England.
[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/471 ... .jpg[/img]
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sounds great! Keep up the smile and the attitude, eh!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Lucky Skirt? :? Sure and if it helps the team of course you should wear it. It looks good too!! :lol:
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Post by Feeling freedom »

Took a walk on the North Shore seawall in Vancouver BC. Very popular for walks on the ocean with thousands of people using it every day. I mind my own business when I go out in a skirt and I walk with an attitude the same as when I wear pants. Stopped to talk to a young lady walking a rabbit as well and went to the mall afterwords. I wore my Jag Jeans just above the knee denim skirt with opaque blue Hue tights and Tan Natralizer riding boots. Polo blue checkered collar shirt with a Polo coral sweater. My jacket was black Calvin Klein.

All was great! The day was enjoyed and I bought a gift for my wife.
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Feeling freedom wrote:...All was great! The day was enjoyed and I bought a gift for my wife.
Sounds like a great outing! Congratulations and keep,it up!

caultron
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

On way to work today, a youngish girl, "Nice skirt, but back to front"?
Answer, "thanks and no it isn't".
She was young enough not to recognise a kick pleat.
Nice encounter.
Steve.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

That's a bit surprising. Surely she must have seen a straight skirt with a kick pleat; they aren't that unusual. And why on earth would a kick pleat go at the front?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

STEVIE wrote:On way to work today, a youngish girl, "Nice skirt, but back to front"?
Answer, "thanks and no it isn't".
She was young enough not to recognise a kick pleat.
Nice encounter.
I'd have assured her the label was in the back.

(It was, wasn't it?)

caultron
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

A couple of weeks ago, on the ferry to Belfast to visit friends. They took us to the Giant's Causeway https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant%27s_Causeway , where I was just about the only person in a skirt, which as usual earned me a few funny looks. I did wonder at first if my above-the-knee cord number was going to be a tad impractical, but I had no problems at all. Any bits that are off the paths are easy to walk on; there's no climbing involved.

Must confess to being underwhelmed by the Causeway, maybe because the high tide was covering a lot of it. The columnar rock formations in the surrounding cliffs were much more impressive. And maybe I'm biased, but I thought Scotland's version on Ulva https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulva (trousered, many years ago) were way better.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

skirtyscot wrote:That's a bit surprising. Surely she must have seen a straight skirt with a kick pleat; they aren't that unusual. And why on earth would a kick pleat go at the front?
I've seen skirts with kick pleats in front. No reason to think they're in any way unusual.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Isn't a kick pleat for you to kick your leg into, so it has to be at the back? Surely one at the front is called something else?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair