Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Big and Bashful »

skirtyscot wrote:Missed you, B&B, I was there on Friday. Straight from work and rather overdressed for the occasion! The only kilt I saw was on a barman. Looked very comfortable to wear as the evening wore on and the hall heated up!

Mind-boggling quantities of nice beer there. Quite surprised to be in a fit state to catch the 7 o'clock ferry to Arran the next morning!
I had a great time, sorry I missed you! I somehow managed to get something foodlike on the kilt, so it is now baptised!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

dillon wrote:I swear, unless I need to go back to Argentina, my next overseas trip is the British Isles and Ireland. I need to experience you guys!
(But am also considering Cuba, Panama, and Costa Rica)
You will receive a very warm welcome any time!

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

skirtingtoday wrote:
dillon wrote:I swear, unless I need to go back to Argentina, my next overseas trip is the British Isles and Ireland. I need to experience you guys!
(But am also considering Cuba, Panama, and Costa Rica)
You will receive a very warm welcome any time!

Ross
I'll second that!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Dillon,

Forget the cold and the ghastly weather, At least in these parts most of us speak a more-or-less intelligible English, and when you've finished with the Anglos & the Scots, come over here, where the Real Craic happens!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Saw the imam at the local mosque this afternoon wear a checkered malong similar to those worn by men in other Southeast Asian countries. If I see him again, I might ask him where could I buy a checkered malong, as most malongs I have seen in Islamic clothing stores I had visited go in floral or any pattern other than checkered.
らき☆
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

One, possibly two sightings today at Kingsport Tennessee.

They were having some kind of a marathon at the Kingsport Visitors Center. Across the street I observed an older participant (he had a number hanging around him), he was wearing a tartan kilt. It looked like his wife was standing next to him. I'm assuming he planned to participate in the marathon kilted. Represent man.....

The other was while I was eating lunch I saw what I could have SWORN was a man wearing a knee length skirt walking just outside the window. I watched to see if he was coming in the store, but I lost him somewhere. I'm not even sure if was a skirt, but I don't believe I saw an inseam. I'm also not sure if it was a kilt. I don't think it was pleated, but it was hard to tell the way it was swaying, and he was walking too fast. It also wasn't tartan. Would be cool if it was a run of the mill skirt. Don't see too many men wearing those in these parts.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

moonshadow wrote:The other was while I was eating lunch I saw what I could have SWORN was a man wearing a knee length skirt walking just outside the window. I watched to see if he was coming in the store, but I lost him somewhere. I'm not even sure if was a skirt, but I don't believe I saw an inseam. I'm also not sure if it was a kilt. I don't think it was pleated, but it was hard to tell the way it was swaying, and he was walking too fast. It also wasn't tartan. Would be cool if it was a run of the mill skirt. Don't see too many men wearing those in these parts.
On one of my earlier skirted outings in July I thought I saw another man in a skirt walking 50 or 100 feet in front of me. I finally figured out it was a pair of knee length baggy shorts.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

skirted_in_SF wrote:
moonshadow wrote:The other was while I was eating lunch I saw what I could have SWORN was a man wearing a knee length skirt walking just outside the window. I watched to see if he was coming in the store, but I lost him somewhere. I'm not even sure if was a skirt, but I don't believe I saw an inseam. I'm also not sure if it was a kilt. I don't think it was pleated, but it was hard to tell the way it was swaying, and he was walking too fast. It also wasn't tartan. Would be cool if it was a run of the mill skirt. Don't see too many men wearing those in these parts.
On one of my earlier skirted outings in July I thought I saw another man in a skirt walking 50 or 100 feet in front of me. I finally figured out it was a pair of knee length baggy shorts.
Could it have been the proverbial skirtman's mirage? I've also had those "doubletake" moments, only to have my momentary flare of excitement doused with the cold water of reality. It always left me feeling rather alone, once again.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

dillon wrote:Could it have been the proverbial skirtman's mirage? I've also had those "doubletake" moments, only to have my momentary flare of excitement doused with the cold water of reality. It always left me feeling rather alone, once again.
It makes me feel rather the opposite. I've said as much to someone else when they expressed confusion about my skirt, "Look at that guy, how is the skirt any different from a visual perspective? Which do you think looks neater?" The other guy's shorts were about the same length, and the look was very messy because of colour and fabric. Sort of a very sloppy pair of baseball shorts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

partlyscot wrote:
dillon wrote:Could it have been the proverbial skirtman's mirage? I've also had those "doubletake" moments, only to have my momentary flare of excitement doused with the cold water of reality. It always left me feeling rather alone, once again.
It makes me feel rather the opposite. I've said as much to someone else when they expressed confusion about my skirt, "Look at that guy, how is the skirt any different from a visual perspective? Which do you think looks neater?" The other guy's shorts were about the same length, and the look was very messy because of colour and fabric. Sort of a very sloppy pair of baseball shorts.
@ Dillon:
It's certainly possible, and in fact, probable that it was a baggy pair of shorts. However I wasn't able to obtain a better look because he was gone before I even had a change swallow my macaroni. I defiantly did a double take, actually a triple take. And like you, I've had my share of "near sightings" only to be disappointed when you see that ever popular bit of light from between the legs to imply there is an inseam after all. *sighs* Better luck next time! But the older man in the marathon was without a doubt wearing a kilt. I took a discreet photo of it with my camera phone.

Which brings me to partlyscot's comment:

I have felt the same way... I've watched so many men of ALL ages wear baggy knee length shorts, and while in the younger crowd, we can always say it's because it's the current style, older men generally don't concern their selves with style so much and wear what's comfortable, which for them is baggy shorts...

And why are baggy shorts more comfortable than more tight fitting shorts? For the same reason skirts are more comfortable than ALL shorts (and pants for that matter).

I saw an older man a few weeks ago sporting a knee length pair of baggy shorts that had such large leg opening, it was flaring out like an A-line skirt! I kid you not. I could have sworn it was a skirt! Then he turned around, and the mirage was over, I saw the inseam... I just though to myself....

"dude.... just put a skirt on already...."
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Yep. It's funny how that unneeded stitching is required for so many men to reassure themselves that they have penises.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

dillon wrote:Yep. It's funny how that unneeded stitching is required for so many men to reassure themselves that they have penises.
:lol:

I guess these men must have that constant squeeze and tug on their package to remind them that everything is still down there! :lol:

As for me, I'm a man of faith... I have faith that everything is in tact. I don't need to put everything in a proverbial vice to prove it to myself. 8)
-Andrea
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

popped in the centre of Leeds today and saw a guy wearing what looked like a knee length black skirt and black tights, as i got closer it became obvious that the skirt was in fact a pair of shorts but the tights were the real deal ... close, but no cigar :)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Reaper_Man wrote:popped in the centre of Leeds today and saw a guy wearing what looked like a knee length black skirt and black tights, as i got closer it became obvious that the skirt was in fact a pair of shorts but the tights were the real deal ... close, but no cigar :)
I swear ever since I started wearing skirts and have been on the lookout for others of like interest, I just about snap my head off my neck when I think I see another fella in a skirt.

May is coming, and I'm sure I'll have lots of wild sightings to report on then. I'll have my camera phone ready...!
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Saw something interesting tonight... stopped by K-Mart on the way home. I just wanted a bag of socks as my old ones are getting pretty worn out. Although I wasn't in the market for a skirt, I do like to check out the skirts and dresses. However as it's getting colder, not much in the way of skirts. In fact all I saw was trousers, and just a couple of mini's that I wasn't interested in.

Anyway, as I made my rounds in the women's section I saw a mid aged man in leggings, and carrying a purse. He was shopping for what looked like what I would call women's "unmentionables". No skirt, but it was at least nice to share the women's department with another man for a change.

Not really the type of stuff we post here, I understand.... but I took notice at how calm and confident he was as he made his selections. It was somewhat inspirational... even if we are on slightly different fashion trends.
-Andrea